Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

My doctor suggested Vitamin e oil. I used that at first. All of mine are almost invisible. The one that is dark is dark because they cut right a cross a huge stretch mark. I am going to try bio oil it. Also I used silicon strips, they helped a lot. Not just with fading and healing but also protecting them from clothes and bra.

where do I buy the strip?

If any of you scars are raised, the strips will help flatten them out fast. Also, you can reuse the strips and you can cut them in half, I was able to, my scars were small enough.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Hello everyone, I have a question because I'm very frustrated, I am 5 wks out and stalled at week 3,4 now 5 I gained 2lbs this week.. I am tracking my calories, carbs and Protein with my Water goal and I even email my nutritionist my food list to reverifying I'm doing everything right. I walk 30 mins a day as they told me. I'm doing everything they tell me but I'm still stuck my loss has been 17lbs since surgery but now 15 since the 2lb gain.. Any advice? I'm starting to regret this! Seriously

Hello All, I'm curious ... I'm 6wks out, will be 7 wks come Monday, and I'm having some issues. I've been vomitting and dizzy and having headaches, I was fine up until about 3 wks ago. The Dr. says it just Migraines but I'm curious to know if anyone else has had any problems like this or similar, since having surgery. And what helped you if so, I was given prescriptions and they are helping some.

Hello everyone, I have a question because I'm very frustrated, I am 5 wks out and stalled at week 3,4 now 5 I gained 2lbs this week.. I am tracking my calories, carbs and Protein with my Water goal and I even email my nutritionist my food list to reverifying I'm doing everything right. I walk 30 mins a day as they told me. I'm doing everything they tell me but I'm still stuck my loss has been 17lbs since surgery but now 15 since the 2lb gain.. Any advice? I'm starting to regret this! Seriously

It happens to the best of us. So don't sweat it too hard. What I would probably suggest doing if you can, increase your walking time and distance. If you're getting in 30 minutes of walking a day try to increase it by 15 minutes. If you walk about a mile now, start working towards reaching 2 miles in the same time frame. And then 6 to 8 weeks after that another 15 minutes, and another 1/2 mile.

Also if you have access to a gym, an elliptical and stair climber will become very useful cardiovascular tools in burning calories and overall weight. They also add just enough change up to your routine that you can sorta trick the body's plateau affect, which should help reduce the stall's time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Hello All, I'm curious ... I'm 6wks out, will be 7 wks come Monday, and I'm having some issues. I've been vomitting and dizzy and having headaches, I was fine up until about 3 wks ago. The Dr. says it just Migraines but I'm curious to know if anyone else has had any problems like this or similar, since having surgery. And what helped you if so, I was given prescriptions and they are helping some.

If you are vomiting and dizzy chances are you're very dehydrated. You may need to get to a hospital for fluids. Prolonged periods of this can cause comprehension and memory issues. (Learned this the hard way). You should indeed contact your surgeon office ASAP about the constant puking. You could have a blockage issues and or your incisions have not healed properly. Which can lead to a whole world of problems you really don't want to deal with.

It happens to the best of us. So don't sweat it too hard. What I would probably suggest doing if you can, increase your walking time and distance. If you're getting in 30 minutes of walking a day try to increase it by 15 minutes. If you walk about a mile now, start working towards reaching 2 miles in the same time frame. And then 6 to 8 weeks after that another 15 minutes, and another 1/2 mile.

Also if you have access to a gym, an elliptical and stair climber will become very useful cardiovascular tools in burning calories and overall weight. They also add just enough change up to your routine that you can sorta trick the body's plateau affect, which should help reduce the stall's time.

Thanks for that info, I've been to the ER previously, they gave me IV fluids, and told me to increase my Fluid intake, so I started back on the full liquid diet today, and so far I've been able to hold it down, so for the next week or 2, liquids is what I will be doing.

Thanks for that info, I've been to the ER previously, they gave me IV fluids, and told me to increase my Fluid intake, so I started back on the full liquid diet today, and so far I've been able to hold it down, so for the next week or 2, liquids is what I will be doing.

Yeah when I was there I had to get like three bags of fluids to help get my vision back for starters. At that time they though that I might had gotten a leak from the surgery. So I had to get my tummy scooped. What they believe actually happened was I had a very bad sinus infection and all the nasal drainage that wasn't getting blown out of my nose was going down my throat and into the pouch. That was causing all sorts of bloating and gass issues. The first 8 weeks to 12 weeks for me were not fun at all. I didn't feel right again with food until 8 months out, and my memory didn't fully return to normal till about 10/11 months out.

Sorry that happened to you. I drank a liter of Pedialyte for 2 days, and I can see a difference, so broth, Water, Protein shakes and Pedialyte will be my best friends for the next few weeks. I'm so thankful for a site like this, there's so much good info we can pass around.

Hello everyone, I was sleeved a week ago, and doing ok, what did everyone put on their incisions and congratulations to everyone on their progress or if wasn't sleeved yet ,congratulations on taking the steps to become healthier

Hw 298

Sw 270 (9/14/15)

CW 259 (9/21/15)

I made sure I cleaned my incisions a few times a day, and once it finally scabbed over, I used Mederma. Best of luck and congrats on your decision.
thank you so much, where do I purchase Mederma ?
you can get mederma at the pharmacy section of any grocery store, or any Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aide, etc.
thank you again so much, imma grab some omw home from work today. Have a great day
you can also order from Amazon

Hello everyone, I was sleeved a week ago, and doing ok, what did everyone put on their incisions and congratulations to everyone on their progress or if wasn't sleeved yet ,congratulations on taking the steps to become healthier

Hw 298

Sw 270 (9/14/15)

CW 259 (9/21/15)

I made sure I cleaned my incisions a few times a day, and once it finally scabbed over, I used Mederma. Best of luck and congrats on your decision.
thank you so much, where do I purchase Mederma ?
you can get mederma at the pharmacy section of any grocery store, or any Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aide, etc.
thank you again so much, imma grab some omw home from work today. Have a great day
you can also order from Amazon