Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Hey sept. Sleevers...question...about 10 weeks post op and have no real desire to eat. Try to get in my Protein and liquids, but sometimes the first few bites just make my Stomach tighten up and blah. Only started feeling like this in the past week. Anyone else feel the same way? Thank you for all the advice! Truly grateful!

Same here. I just doing my 3 meals (at least 1 is a protein shake) to get my protein in and sipping on Water all day. Not much appetite at all. I feel great otherwise so I'm not worried.

I am just over 3 months, and 70lbs down :-D. Still having a hard time getting my Water and Protein in, but getting better. I've never had a doctor tell me to eat more before my last visit! Kind of surreal. I can't stand any more Protein Shakes, so I got some bars. More calories, but it will probably do me good. I'm looking forward to starting up my Zombies, Run! app, but I worry that I'm not getting enough calories or water to support running :- Weather is cool so that will help. It's funny...before surgery, I wished I hating eating. Now I do, and I'm bummed! I still love food, and I just made an awesome chicken curry with saffron rice. It is so frustrating to eat 3 bites and be stuffed, 4 bites terribly uncomfortable. I propose someone invent an external stomach, like an external hard drive. Just eat what you want, and dump it out!

I was sleeved on Sept. 18th. I didn't have too much pain and was walking right away. 3 weeks after my sleeve I had another surgery, I had a harder time recovering from that but again got back to walking. I get my Water and Protein in daily, I have only thrown up once and that was just a few weeks ago. I started out at 248 and lost quickly at first, however now......I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks and even went up 2lbs! My hair is falling out too which is actually less of a concern to me than the stall in the weight loss. HELP! Has anyone else experienced a stall like this??? What do you do to get moving again? Fear has really set in, it reminds me of how hard it was to lose before my surgery.

It just your body adjusting to all the changes. Step away from the scale & stick to your program

I am just over 3 months, and 70lbs down :-D. Still having a hard time getting my Water and Protein in, but getting better. I've never had a doctor tell me to eat more before my last visit! Kind of surreal. I can't stand any more Protein Shakes, so I got some bars. More calories, but it will probably do me good. I'm looking forward to starting up my Zombies, Run! app, but I worry that I'm not getting enough calories or water to support running :- Weather is cool so that will help. It's funny...before surgery, I wished I hating eating. Now I do, and I'm bummed! I still love food, and I just made an awesome chicken curry with saffron rice. It is so frustrating to eat 3 bites and be stuffed, 4 bites terribly uncomfortable. I propose someone invent an external stomach, like an external hard drive. Just eat what you want, and dump it out!

I often feel ill for 10-15 mins after my 3 bite meal and my husband will always ask if he can get me something to make me feel better (like a drink of water, etc.) and I usually say, can you find the other 3/4 of my stomach and put it back in please? Lol. Or at Thanksgiving, I asked him if I could borrow his stomach. It's all in good fun. I do miss eating, but I definitely don't miss a tight size 24 jeans!

Hey sept. Sleevers...question...about 10 weeks post op and have no real desire to eat. Try to get in my Protein and liquids, but sometimes the first few bites just make my Stomach tighten up and blah. Only started feeling like this in the past week. Anyone else feel the same way? Thank you for all the advice! Truly grateful!

That happens to me sometimes, depending on what I eat, how much time since I last ate or if I just drank a lot of Water and didn't wait before I ate. If it's happening to you no matter what you eat you should call your NUT and doctor.

In the meantime, embrace the weight loss! Lol

I was sleeved on Sept. 18th. I didn't have too much pain and was walking right away. 3 weeks after my sleeve I had another surgery, I had a harder time recovering from that but again got back to walking. I get my Water and Protein in daily, I have only thrown up once and that was just a few weeks ago. I started out at 248 and lost quickly at first, however now......I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks and even went up 2lbs! My hair is falling out too which is actually less of a concern to me than the stall in the weight loss. HELP! Has anyone else experienced a stall like this??? What do you do to get moving again? Fear has really set in, it reminds me of how hard it was to lose before my surgery.

I was sleeved 2 days before you and my starting weight was 249 , CW 196. I just got out of a 4 week stall, it was very frustrating. Especially when we are not even 12 weeks post op. Stick with it, keep tracking and stay the course. My stall finally ended and I dropped 10 lbs in 9 days. It will happen to you too????

I was sleeved 2 days before you and my starting weight was 249 , CW 196. I just got out of a 4 week stall, it was very frustrating. Especially when we are not even 12 weeks post op. Stick with it, keep tracking and stay the course. My stall finally ended and I dropped 10 lbs in 9 days. It will happen to you too????

I was sleeved 9/15. I did great with weight loss the first 3 weeks and then I literally stalled for like a month. I finally stopped obsessing about the weight. It's comes off slowly for me but it's still coming off. About 1-2 pounds per week. I was 264 at pre op diet. 259 at surgery and and currently 229. It may not seem like much, but it's 65 pounds in 13 weeks. When you say it like that, it's a lot! Be patient. Stay away from the scale for a few weeks. ;)

I was sleeved 9/15. I did great with weight loss the first 3 weeks and then I literally stalled for like a month. I finally stopped obsessing about the weight. It's comes off slowly for me but it's still coming off. About 1-2 pounds per week. I was 264 at pre op diet. 259 at surgery and and currently 229. It may not seem like much, but it's 65 pounds in 13 weeks. When you say it like that, it's a lot! Be patient. Stay away from the scale for a few weeks. ;)

not 65 pounds ugh. 35 pounds.

I was sleeved on 9/16 and just broke thru my second plateau. 40 lbs down. Started weight lifting this week. Sore but doing great. ????

:wacko: Hi everyone! Since ive been working I havent logged in in a while. Ive been on slow mode and its making me crazy! On the 15th of December I make 3 months post op and i feel like I can eat and eat and eat. Which scares me...

Ive lost 30 lbs. but when I tell you im always hungry it becomes dangerous for me since I am a diabetic. My doc took me off Protein since they were giving me so much pain. But I am taking all my Vitamins. Enough about me. Who's everyone? How much have you lost? :blink:

As of this morning I am down 32lbs since surgery and 53lbs from my HW. I am ecstatic ???? I need to start taking some comparison pictures soon ????

:wacko: Hi everyone! Since ive been working I havent logged in in a while. Ive been on slow mode and its making me crazy! On the 15th of December I make 3 months post op and i feel like I can eat and eat and eat. Which scares me...

Ive lost 30 lbs. but when I tell you im always hungry it becomes dangerous for me since I am a diabetic. My doc took me off Protein since they were giving me so much pain. But I am taking all my Vitamins. Enough about me. Who's everyone? How much have you lost? :blink:

I was sleeved 9/15/14. I too have lost (what seems) slowly. But 36 pounds down from heaviest weight. I'm super thrilled because even if the dam scale didn't move, I'm shrinking!!!!

Edited by lessofmevsg

Congrats on the weight loss. I have my next follow up on the 19th. Hopefully good news.