Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

@@konalisa80 - Consistency is indeed key. I log my food for the day first thing in the morning. It helps me set boundaries with my eating. In addition to packing my gym bag the night before I do little things like taking the stair when I can and parking further away from the entrance in parking lots.Those extra few steps add up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! I laugh at myself sometimes and wonder if it really helps to park in the farthest row, but then I step on the scale and realize that yes, it does!

I have been logging my food, but I haven't been as consistent as I need to be. I am going to look back at the sparks people app. I use to go to the website a lot back in the day, and I am gonna see if I can get some food ideas there. I haven't had any chocolate, and I think I should put some dark chocolate dove squares in the car. I know once I get back into my workouts, I will see my of a chance in my body and that will inspire me to go harder.

Let's continue to encourage one another.

Be careful with snacky foods like Dove squares and such. I only keep nutritious Snacks in the car like nuts or Protein bars. I don't want to make it easy to snack on them when I shouldn't.

It's been a while since I last posted. I had a 5mo post op drs visit yesterday and all went well. I currently weigh 262.8 lbs, and I haven't been this weight probably since early 2000s, and I have more to go. Crazy, but good.

HW. 375

PRE OP. 335

SW. 324

CW. 262.8

Not bad Not bad. ????

Is anyone else experiencing hair loss? Im now at 4.5 months out, and this is suddenly becoming a problem. I have (had) thick long hair, and now its very thin.

Im also having a big plateau right now - no weight loss for close to a month. Im looking forward to getting outside more as the weather improves.

rachel

Yes! I am having lots and lots of hair loss! I too had thick, long hair and now you can almost see my scalp. I think it has slowed a little...or maybe it nust seems so because I dont have much more to loose! I have been using products to get the volume...hoping to camouflage the Hair loss. I remember being told this could happen, but at the time, didnt consider how I would feelaboit it. On an up note, I'm down 80+ pounds! Bought a size 10 pair of jeans last weekend. I feel great, but havent lost anything the past couple weeks. I have started working out more...with weights...so I hope I am building muscle.

@lovelyme...I just now started to lose some hair. It's normal in this whole process to do so, but just depends on how much you are losing to be concerned about it. I'm guessing. My loss isn't bad, but I just make sure to take 10000 mcg of Biotin and get my Protein in. I have a ton of hair, so I'm not too concerned with some hair on my hands, now if it came out in clumps I would be worried. Check with your Dr or dermatologist for other options if it's bad.

bodyweight.png?ts=1423324120

@@Steph Jo 89084 where do you get that tracker?

Is anyone else experiencing Hair loss? Im now at 4.5 months out, and this is suddenly becoming a problem. I have (had) thick long hair, and now its very thin.

Im also having a big plateau right now - no weight loss for close to a month. Im looking forward to getting outside more as the weather improves.

rachel

Also loosing lots of hair. Taking supplements and upped my Protein. Hope it works. ????

@@Joann Valdez - Did you lose 100 lbs since pre-op or since surgery. Either was I would think that's a good weight loss.

As for the hair thinning discussion. So far my hair is still okay but my finger nails are a hot mess.

You had the sleeve done in Oct and lost 100 lbs and your surgeon isn't happy? I'm sorry but that's darn good and he needs to go eff himself.