Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was sleeved on 9/17/14 and am down 61 lbs. My nutritionist said that was pretty good. We must all give our selves credit that we made it through the very stressful holidays. Take a deep breath and get inspiration as spring is on the way. I have been using my fitnesspal.com and find it very helpful especially during stalls. I am noticing a trend with my weight loss, the reports section gives you a graph and that helps me. I find if I record what I eat it is when I have the most success. I have upped my work outs and am doing weight training 2 days a week with a trainer, I have also found that I love Yoga (never in my life dreamed I would even try it) . I would like to see the weight come off faster, but I am just so glad it is coming off and it feels so good to feel healthier in the long run. Keep up the good work every one....remember it is a journey.

Was sleeved on 9/24. Lost 20 lbs in the first 2-3 weeks. I m doing great - avg about 1lb a week which is what the nutritionoist told me to expect as my start weight was at 200lb. I am down to 160, my goal is 150. I have found over the past 3 weeks I have not lost any weight. Thankfully I am not loosing hair, but I feel like I am failing ..... My doc said they expect a stall @ 3 months, but he said weight loss returns "in full force" by month 4. No go for me. Granted I am down from pushing the limits of a size 16 down to a size 10 pant & size 12 top. I still have some fat that I swear I can feel jiggle on my back and lower belly and it drives me crazy. I am getting a little discouraged. I am concerned because I can eat 2 eggs for Breakfast, 3-4 oz of meat for dinner... and I see other people saying they can barely eat a whole yogurt, etc... make me worry. Is anyone else in this stall? Is it just me?

Maybe it's because I don't weight myself daily, but every single time I have gotten weighed I have shown a loss. Sometimes a big number, others times as low as 6lbs, but always a loss.

@@skinnymom - I can never eat more than 1 egg at a time, but I can eat anywhere from 6 -8 ounces of yogurt. A cup of Soup fills me up.

Edited by BLERDgirl

@@skinnymom25 I'm in the same boat. I was sleeved on 9/8 and my stall hit at month 3 and hasn't ended yet. It's been 7 weeks since I lost anything and then this week I lost 0.6 pounds. I have several friends that went through the same thing and speaking with and knowing that eventually it kicks back in helps. And I'm the same in eating. 2 eggs or 4 oz of meat are no problem yet a 1/2 cup of Tomato Soup will fill me up. Your doing great, don't get discouraged just keep to the program and it will pick back up.

Just hang in there!! Use the stall time to reinforce good eating habits and better life activities. If you aren't losing weight, unclutter your environment. Clean up the pantry, straighten the linen closet .... Honest, I lose 2 pounds a month since November. If it weren't for these other activities, I would go mad!! Mad, I tell ha!!

Hey All- I'm just wondering if anyone has put on weight and then hit a stall. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and am getting my Protein and am sticking to about 1000 calories- but 2 weeks ago I got on the scale and had gained 5lbs, and haven't lost a thing since. I was going to go to f/u appt early bc I am freaking out a little, but I'm embarrassed- so before I do that I just want to know if this has happened to anyone and if there was something they did to fix it. Should I go back to liquids for a week? Has anyone done that?

Stalls are normal and happen to everyone. It's your body readjusting to the many changes. Some say they can last a few days or even up to a month.

I was sleeved 9/23, have lost 78 lbs. I stalled for a good month and finally scale going down again.

I was sleeved 09/29 and I've only lost 45 pounds.. what are you doing to.loose faster weight

I only weight my self once a month or when I go to the doctor's. If I have had a stall I missed it. I have shown a loss every time I get weighed. I'm down 62lbs so far. I eat between 700-850 calories most days and exercise 5 days a week. I eat Protein first then veg and very little rice, potatoes, bread, crackers, etc....

I was sleeved on Sept. 30. I am down 85 pounds today. I've had a couple of short stalls but nothing that had me worried. But I can still barely eat anything. I can't even eat a whole egg at once. I'm getting about 35 gms of Protein a day and around 500 calories. I'm 5 months out and feel like I should be doing better than that by now. But I'm so thankful for the weight loss.

@@3Pugaliers great work. 5 months post-op and only 5 pounds away from goal!!

I was sleeved 09/29 and I've only lost 45 pounds.. what are you doing to.loose faster weight

I've only lost 43 lbs since 9/15. Not nearly as much off as I would like, but thankful it's off just the same.

Sleeved 9/30/14 and I'm at another stall. This one had lasted a month. I've upped my Water to 80 oz. My Protein is between 60-80 grams. I do cardio/weights 30-60 mins 4 days a week. There is a difference in my clothes but the scale is another story. Got on the scale this morning and it said I gained a lb. So frustrating, but I won't give up. Rant over, thanks ????

Edited by Lisa_vsg

Sleeved 9/8 today's weigh in marks 81 pounds gone. ???????????????? so excited !