Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

Been a long time since I posted here. Some random thoughts...

Down to 220 or so from 275 at start. Good place for me, although I wouldn't mind being closer to 210.

Would be happiest grazing a little bit all day. Full meals are almost never great for me. I just don't like having a lot of food in front of me.

I still crave crappy food. A donut will probably always look better to me than a pile of carrots. The saving grace is that I don't eat much of the crap, just small amounts.

I still have a hard time seeing myself as smaller. I still see the fat guy in the mirror. Pictures still strike me as funny.

I stress about the scale as much or more than I used to. I've been down as low as 217, and now at 222 I have terrible fear that I'm going to go back to the way I was. Anyone else feel this way? Like you're going to ruin everything and go back to being huge?

Went on a cruise. Took my shirt off in public. Was a cool moment for me. Haven't done that in 30 years.

Hope you're all well.

ColoradoTJS -

Yup to almost everything you mentioned.

I was sleeved Sept. 11, 2014. Down 60 pounds. Knees feel great. Mental attitude very good, too. I have at least go before I will feel that I got to a goal.

I still crave crappy food too. The first six months, I had no problem, but as I started to feel a lot better, carbohydrates began to "speak" to me again. Carbs are not my friends, but they tempt me.

I also have a fear that I will lose my will to fight carbs and will gain weight again. BUT, my high blood pressure has dropped 20 points and my liver functions are a lot better. I just stress the positive things that have happened since the sleeve. I should exercise more.

In the second paragraph, it should have read, "I have at least 40 more pounds to go before I will feel that I got to a goal."

When I type too fast, this web site can't handle it, and sometimes I do not check it out for any mistakes before I press, "POST."

Congratulations to you both! I was sleeved 9/23 and am down 40. There has been very little downward movement on the scale. I was becoming less vigilant and doing more grazing which I simply must avoid. In the last two weeks began logging foods and exercise rather than guessing and I have lost a couple of pounds which is hugely motivating. I have also started to spend some time reading on this site. I will never be "fixed" and just have to stop the bad habits from returning before I give up! Stay strong!!

You could soak the areas in a little olive or cocoanut oil to help the glue dissolve (I used organic cocoanut oil) but I have a sad face for you since they didn't give you prednisone or something to beat the allergy quicker (yes, prednisone may slow weight loss a tad temporarily, but I took it and here I am today, 9 moths later and down 122lbs).

I agree, ask for the prednisone or take the benedryl. You shouldn't suffer needlessly. BTW the weight loss isn't slowed down that much taking those things. I take benedryl and Zyrtec regularly. In fact I have to take a Zyrtec every day due to my allergies. Nevertheless I am down 91lbs since day of surgery and feeling great!

Congrats to all. Sleeved 9/16 and down 80. Happy 4th of July. ????????

Wahoo. 9/15 and down 62!

Congratulations to you both! I was sleeved 9/23 and am down 40. There has been very little downward movement on the scale. I was becoming less vigilant and doing more grazing which I simply must avoid. In the last two weeks began logging foods and exercise rather than guessing and I have lost a couple of pounds which is hugely motivating. I have also started to spend some time reading on this site. I will never be "fixed" and just have to stop the bad habits from returning before I give up! Stay strong!!

I have the same issues.... I started at 210 - down to 160 and now I am "stuck". Or at leastI feel stuck. I think reality is that I am not being strict enough on my diet. Daytime is SO easy. But from 7pm on, all I can think about is eating/grazing. I try to stay away from carbs. I eat low fat string cheese, greek yogurt, sugar free popsicles, stuff that is higher in Protein, but I eat every 30 minutes from about 9pm until I go to bed around midnight. I need to get a better control of my snacking and i MUST exercise. My goal weight is 150, but I will never make it if I keep snacking like this. I also have fears that I am going to ruin the procedure and get fat again. We need to keep reading here to realize that we arenot alone in our stuggles. I think it helps motivate us to know that we are not the only ones that struggle with how we used to eat. BUT... for the summer, lets focus on the positive. Like the fact that or the first time I got to buy a cute bathing suit instead of the suit that hides the most rolls! I have gone from a size 18 to a size 10 or 12. That makes a huge difference in the cuteness of the summertime clothes! That is my reward. Next step, goal weight by my surgiversary on 9/24. I WILL MAKE IT. Thanks to all of you that share your stories, triumphs and struggles! We are all amazing!

I've got two examples of sleeve results. My brother down 175 after 3yrs. And my sister gained all 76+ back after 2yrs. Really goes to show ya, sleeve is just a tool. You have to still log food choices, exercise, drink lots Water, take your supplements, etc. to be successful. I've been working this summer on developing more exercise tools for my box; I walk, bike, fly fish, and even started skipping rope. Hope to add swimming soon. ????

My journey has been absolutely amazing! Three 5ks completed and two 10ks scheduled. Start weight 275, surgery weight 237, current weight 166, and goal weight 150. I've gone from a size 18/20 to 8/10. I still log my food everyday, stay at 1100-1200 calories a day, and allow myself to have imperfect days (yesterday for example had some dessert). Weight loss has slowed to about 3-5lbs a month but still moving! I would love to hit goal before 9/4 my surgery date. Good luck on reaching your one year goals everyone.

Sleeved 9/30/2014 and best decision of my life and only wish I would have gotten over the social stigma of a "failed" dieter and done this sooner. At first I was not comfortable telling anyone that I had a surgery and as time went on and therapy for how I got to be morbidly obese I couldn't be prouder to say I was sleeved and I will answer anyone's questions. I am down 97 lbs, reached my personal goal and my surgeons goal and I couldn't be happier with that but I woul be lying if I didn't say I'd love to get to 100lbs lost. I have run 2 official 5k's, one 10k and my first half marathon will be in November. I have been a slow loser for the last two months but figured out calorie intake needed to increase and start losing again a little faster.

This time last year I couldn't make it up the stairs without breathing heavy. This surgery was a life saver for me both mentally and physically!

I agree that this was the best decision I ever made, I'm down 90 lbs since 9/23. Was 300 now 210, have a cruise coming up Sept. 6th and would love to hit 100lbs lost by then. I haven't lost anything in the last couple months but I know why, it's me, I'm eating things I shouldn't, but I'm very happy and if i didn't lose another pound I'm still comfortable where I am now.

My highest weight - 248. Pre surgery weight: 232. Present weight: 178. So, 70 lib down from highest, and 54 since september last year.

Funny, I used to exercise way more before surgery - I did a 10 k race the week before surgery. I haven't run much since last year surgery at all. I'd like to get back to focussing on improving my loss and getting back to exercise, but I had a few setbacks including a broken arm. Being a single mom and a Type A overachiever at work means I don't focus on weight loss more, but of course, thats nothing new.

Im thrilled with my sleeve. Ive had to learn to throw away food - even just having a few bites and being ok with throwing the rest out (especially at restaurants). That is a change of mindset - just because its on your plate doesn't mean you have to eat it. I feel good, I look good (size 18 down to 10-12) and I wish I had known about it earlier.

Hello everyone,

I am down 60 Lbs and hit my goal. I first had a band then got sleeved last year. I really cant eat much at all, still a lot of food i can digest. I can go two or three days without food if something gets stuck. it is annoying and painful when it does and i just have to be patient.

I still cant drink with food for at least 2 hours after. Heartburn is a big issue for me, still taking Omeprazol each morning. Only if that could go away :)

I need to exercise cause i don't like the loose skin but i am not motivated. this is my next step is to exercise.

Keep it up guys !!!!

Sleeved 9/29 and down 85!! Great job everyone!!