Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

I was sleeved on 9/15 and had lost 12 pounds and then day 8 nothing. I actually gained a few pounds and have been sitting there for almost two weeks. My doc said it was completely normal. It's super frustrating but hanging in there and going to the gym 4 times a week thinking something will eventually happen. :)

I was sleeved on 9/15 & have lost 12 lbs as well. I'm also in a stall this week. I'm trying not to get too frustrated about it, but I am ready for the scale numbers to get moving downward. Staying off the scale is so hard though. I'm sure things will get moving next week for us.

I was sleeved on 9/29, Still in the hospital due to not being able to do the minimum amount of fluidsfor discharge. Hoping to get out tomorrow, STILL not sure I made the correct decision but there is no turning back now. BTW, have gained 11 lbs due to the fluids they are pumping into me.

HAS ANYONE STARTED GOING TO GYM?? I'm thinking to start I had my sleeve on 9/6/14!! Need feedback plz!

I have been walking 2-5 miles daily since 5 days post op but since scale is moving extremely slow in thinking its gym time!

Edited by FabNewMe

HAS ANYONE STARTED GOING TO GYM?? I'm thinking to start I had my sleeve on 9/6/14!! Need feedback plz!

I was sleeved on 9/15 and started back at the gym on 9/28. I did elliptical and treadmill. But I haven't had much pain and was good with getting fluids down. My post-op appointment was on Wednesday and he cleared me for weights up to 20 lbs.

Good afternoon every one. Im on my 3rd day post op and im feeling better then yesterday. Im drinking Water and eating full liquid every 15 minutes. Im keeping track of it because I dont want to return to the hospital for dehydration. My abdominal is still sore so im taking the liquid acetaminophen. I also have been moving around more. Light cleaning around the house. I still cant believe I had it done. Wow. I have been waiting so long and now the day as finally come and gone. I am now post op 3 days. Awesome. no fever, no headaches , no hunger pains, no throwing up.... for now :)

I'm looking at the variances in everyone's directives as well. For me it was 1 week clear, 1 week full, 2 weeks pureed/soft with a list of what was allowed. I hit a 2 week stall after week one and the scale is finally moving again today. I did have discomfort for about a week when swallowing but I went back to work immediately (I WFH ) so not as strenuous.

Everyone definitely heals differently and I have a high tolerance for pain so I feel pretty good quickly. I can't seem to remember to take the antacids. Will this cause a significant problem? I don't feel like I have a build up of acid. Other than that...getting my Protein in pretty well. Had some salmon and it was delicious! I've also learned what dumping syndrome from not chewing well enough. Will be more careful.

I was sleeved on 9/15 & have lost 12 lbs as well. I'm also in a stall this week. I'm trying not to get too frustrated about it, but I am ready for the scale numbers to get moving downward. Staying off the scale is so hard though. I'm sure things will get moving next week for us.

Don't worry! My stall just ended after two weeks!

Don't worry! My stall just ended after two weeks!

Thanks :-) I have had 8 days of 6 ounce loss I was like What the Heck I'm not grazing or cheating and doing good with Protein still trying to get more Water in but was feeling super down! So happy you are losing again and off that horrible stall!

This too shall pass! :-)

Sleeved Sep 23rd, 12 lbs lost.

liquids and pureed food finally going down with no pain (:

Edited by Christinamarie0504

Ladies - Have any of you noticed a hormonal change yet? I have PCOS, and hypothyroid disease, and haven't noticed any change yet. I'll be asking my Dr. today when I can expect to notice. Just wondering if anyone from Sept. has noticed changes.

I actually changed my thyroid meds right after surgery so I will be getting tested monthly for changes etc..

Went for my 1 month post-op today!!!! Down another 8 lbs for a total of 21 since surgery, 28 since the week before, and 33 since my high weight! Feeling great and my surgeon is more than happy!!

Cleared for "any kind of exercise" I want. :)

BMI, Fat % and neck size are also down!!

Feeling great, loving my sleeve!!

I had surgery on the 22nd. Procedure recovery has been the easy part. I hardly had any pain. I did had severe Constipation though. I am about two weeks out and I MISS CHEWING food. I am still on full liquids. I am struggling with missing food. I never realized what an addiction I had till now. Thinking of going back to the psychologist to figure out tactics to not miss food so much. I have lost 15 lbs in the last week and a half though and I'm feeling pretty good.

Mary

I was sleeved on 9/10 and I've been back to the gym. Do the bike and swimming. Just not doing weights till November.

Hello there! I am 4 weeks out today. I'm allowed to eat pretty much whatever I want at this point, as long as I chew it really well. I tried to eat some carne asad, though, and it just would not go down. So I have to stay away from really dry things. My HUGE frustration is this ridiculous stall. I lost 12 pounds the first week.... and I haven't lost anything since. My energy is decent, though. I walk, walk, walk. I eat maybe 800 calories a day and get in all my Protein. So I am having a really hard time understanding the stall.

Oh, and I wasn't hungry until this week. Now all of a sudden at 3-4 hours I get hungry. Thankfully it doesn't take much to make me full.