Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting 5:2 and no scale this week

Who's still doing 5:2 or 4:3? How's it going for you?

Hey @@JustWatchMe hope you feel better soon, the fake popcorn wouldve been yucky anyway so awesome job avoiding that temptation! I love the apple test idea.. When im trying to bust a head hunger myth i make myself drink Water and do something for half an hour and them asking myself if its still hunger ir something else :-)

God give me patience and give it to me NOW. Up 0.8. This, after a week of decent food choices, no alcohol, no food at the movies, some (not enough) walking, and clean fasting days. My clothes are falling off and I had to replace several items this week. Well, I will just keep on plugging along. I'll have a good day of outdoor exercise with some friends today and we have great weather for it. I will just keep the food clean and keep tracking faithfully. Oh, just noticed this. I just reread my MyFitnessPal diary for the last seven days. My week of so-called decent food choices averaged out to 1,770 calories for a non-fasting day. I'm supposed to be aiming for 1,000. Maybe a little less hummus this week as a meal, and a little more solid Protein. And in my food diary I just noticed also that five different days this week I either went to a restaurant or ate restaurant takeout food. My old nemesis fried food is back. Thai food twice, once being last night. Hmm. My daughter was in town for a couple of those days, but that "special" eating sure explains a lot.

Ok. Well, clean up the food choices, eat more solid Protein and less hummus, cook more, eat out less, and get more walking in.

I gotta WORK for my pass through the Onederland gates, huh? Mission accepted.

Shoulder slowly improving. Weird. I went to the movies yesterday with friends and reeeeaaaallllyy wanted the free popcorn I had a coupon for. Well I didn't really want that small free popcorn. I wanted the giant tub of it. And I didn't really want the lousy crapcorn that movies have nowadays. I wanted the old real oil popped corn from my youth. And I didn't want the butter flavored chemical concoction they offer now. I wanted real butter. And even though I was truly slightly hungry, nothing healthy would satisfy my "wants". So I just watched the movie.

When I got home later I was truly hungry, so I had 10 almonds and went to bed.

I read somewhere to do an apple test to figure out if you are actually hungry or head hungry. Think, "Would one crisp apple satisfy me completely right now?" If yes, have one crisp apple. If no, it's not stomach hunger so figure something else out instead of eating.

I'm on track and deliberately didn't go out with my friends for drinks after the movie. First of all I had taken a pain pill for my shoulder so alcohol is a no-no. Secondly, my Saturday night outings have no doubt slowed my weight loss. Wine has calories, and I'm not losing as fast by having it every weekend. So last night I passed.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in followed by a rigorous outdoor day of walking (about three hours) with two other friends. So close to Onederland. Maybe tomorrow!?

Lol, my surgeon uses a carrot. He says ask yourself if a carrot will satisfy you and if it won't its head hunger not hunger. So, the other night, I was lying in bed and I was feeling hungry. I asked myself if a carrot would satisfy that hunger and the answer surprisingly was "yes". Problem is I had no carrots and the rest of the night, I found myself waking up craving carrots. I even dreamed I was sitting in the garden pulling carrots out of the ground and eating them. I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth, and sorta gritty llike dirt. I don't think I got up and ate anything, I think it was my imagination. I hope it was my imagination.

Wow, I was really watching the clock today waiting for lunch. I try to have my fasting day meal no earlier than 1pm because it has to last me until the next morning. Today I was ravenous and ate at 12:30. Lean deli meat, raw green Beans and some hummus. I'm good for now. Hope it holds me until tomorrow. Well, it will. I guess I mean I hope it holds me comfortably. I just realized that due to poor planning, I didn't attend a single support group meeting last week. My daughter was in town, and a few other days I just stayed home and didn't go. Tonight I'm headed back to my meeting. Gotta get my head back in the game.

Hi there, you are doing wonderfully -- don't forget to pat yourself on the back for how far you have come. And if your body is taking a little time to balance out before next drop, so be it. Just know your metabolism is changing, your whole body composition is changing. Way to go on forgoing the popcorn and night out -- and listening to your body. Thanks both you and Sandy for the apple and carrot tips; had not heard that before. I am just catching up on this thread and didn't know about your shoulder. Pain can really get in the way. Hope that is resolved now! I have one Shapewear item and one night I wore it fine but another I had to go back home and get out of it -- I knew I wouldn't be comfortable. Sending best wishes your way -- a brand new week ahead!

PS what are you going to be for Halloween?

Thanks, @Bandista. I borrowed an idea from another poster and I'm going as Crazy Cat Lady.

Feel tight this morning but starting with solid Protein. I put six blouses In the give away pile this morning. The are just too baggy to wear to work anymore. Feels scary to let them go. I didn't have that confidence before that I wouldn't need them again.

Edited by JustWatchMe

I know what you mean -- no more drawer of "fat" jeans just in case. NOT NOT NOT going back there, that's for sure! It's kind of hard to believe what's happening, this kind of transformation. My closet is pretty empty these days. I am enjoying shopping, though, which is a whole new feeling. I used to dread trying to find something in a store. Now to be a little more stable in what size I am so I can get a few nice things for winter. I did buy a dress which I haven't worn yet. A DRESS! Have fun......

Okay I don't know if this is good or bad. I was able to eat a pork chop today! I am so excited! I missed my pork chops. The difference is that I cut the pork chop into tiny tiny tiny pieces and chewed forever. I ate it so slowly. I did notice that I felt satiety sooner than usual. I didn't finish the pork chop. My dog got part of it. So I guess I actually can have pork if I chew it well enough, and eat it slowly enough.

Wow I started counting my calories & I guess I wasn't eating enough( Protein & Healthy food) to have the scale move, yes it moved a few lbs at a time , but when it tells me I I haven't had my full calorie count it distributed me lol , now I have to eat more protein & Healthy stuff to lose to get to goal I was trying not to eat to much this is crazy but I guess with MY condition(thyroid) that's what I have to do.

Edited by Debbie3sons

In the immortal words of Pink, I have had a $#!+ day. I woke up fine. I was really fine. I almost even weighed myself because I know I've lost weight this week, but I'll wait until Sunday. Yesterday was emotionally difficult, but I got a good night's sleep and woke up ok. Really ok.

I packed my fasting day lunch. Buddig lean beef, 2 packets, and several wedges of Laughing Cow cheese. I was happy to have such a Protein dense lunch planned.

And then. On my lunch break I had to take care of some divorce details on the phone before I ate. I was in my car for privacy and got very upset with what's been happening. No need for details. Anyone who has filed for divorce from an uncooperative spouse knows the deal.

Anyway, I took a few deep breaths, and had ten minutes left to eat my healthy lunch in my car. Can't have divorce phone calls in a cube farm.

I took two bites of the beef and a bite of the cheese and got stuck immediately. I was so upset. I chewed pretty well, but not well enough. Well, this was the first time I ever slimed so bad that I was sweating and drooling. I had paper napkins but got some on my coat. Great. Now I'm crying and still sliming. I went back into the building and made it to the bathroom and up came my three $#!++¥ bites of lunch. Three little bites and now lunch is over and I have no nutrition in me and my eyes are puffy and my nose is snotty and my NEW coat is slimy and I'm still nauseated and I have to go into a meeting and it's a friggin fasting day and I was so psyched for it.

So.

I went into my meeting while my stomach settled. Thank God I had U njury packets in my desk. I mixed two of them in a Water bottle with six ounces of Water and shook it up. The friggin water bottle leaked at the cap and sprayed chocolate Protein shake all over my keyboard. Sticky. $#!+ day? $#!+ day.

After a coworker walked by and helpfully said, "Oops!" to my mishap and miraculously didn't get murdered for it, I drank the double thick shake. It stayed down. Thank God. 200 calories instead of my planned lunch of 500, but it was something.

Anyway, there's more crap, but the bottom line is that I survived it. I'm not hungry. More worn out. I sure wasn't prepared to battle my band the same day as my to-be-ex. But it's not the first time stress has practically closed up my banded stomach. I need to be proactive on stressful days and stick to shakes. I have GOT to remember this. And fasting days are always tighter too.

Ironically, I was wondering this week if I should get another tiny fill. Hell no.

Thank you for listening.

PS: I still believe in 5:2 and am very happy with my results on it. I just really need to listen to my band.

PPS: My hunger is returning. I'm going to have a small mushy dinner.

Edited by JustWatchMe

One word... Ambien??????

Kitt, I slept fine. Had a Quest Bar this morning. We have chili day at work today but I need to take my lunch hour in my car again to talk to my attorney. I'm going to eat first. It will be another stressful talk. Chili should be okay especially if I get it in me before the call.

I've looked forward to Halloween all week and have an outing with friends tonight in costume. I'm having fun if it kills me.