Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

@@Galaxy Girl - thanks for replying. I am most definitely working on getting the Proteins in. I will check out the 'frozen" section of the store. Didn't know about the Atkins coffee drink, but it sounds tempting, as coffee is one of my weaknesses.

Good luck to everyone on this road to a New You!!!

Hey everyone! I'll have to stop my efforts for losing weight on Aug 3rd, because that's the day my wedding dress will be measured for alterations...and I can't risk it being too big on my wedding day (Sept 26th).

So I'm going to give it all I got til Aug 3rd. I hope I can lose 14 more lbs. Then I guess I'll be at my ultimate goal of 150. I never did have the frame or bone structure to be petite. Below 150 is unachievable for me I think.

Kinda bummed about "halting" my weight loss regimen, I don't know how to maintain, I have to go back and read the literature about the maintenance phase. It seems unfair to have lost all this weight, knowing I will gain some of it back during pregnancy. OH WELL. That's the way the cookie crumbles for me.

I hope everyone is rockin and rolling.

Haven't checked in for a bit been in a stall lost 3 pounds last month nothing so far this month my Dr said I was a Rock Star considering I had to take two months of the gym after my hysterectomy. Ugh these last 30 pounds are killing me. HW 353LBS PRE OP 329LBS CW 210 GW 180.

You are a Rock Star!!!!!

You are a Rock Star!!!!!

Thanks the struggle is real. Lol

How is everyone doing? I lost 7 pounds in month 10 and am probably going to lose about 5-6 for month 11.

@@VioletAura, awesome! I'm in that neighborhood too. 7-8 lbs in months 9 and 10, but this month a bit slower. Might lose 5, might just stay at 2 lbs.

I am almost there, lol. ONE pound to reach goal. On the one hand, I have those thoughts that it still won't happen - that it's as close as I'll get, and then I have thoughts of it's not enough, I still need to lose more.

Man, at nearly a year out this is still a head game! :blink:

Ages since I checked in with yall.... didn't lose a pound for months but my clothing kept getting BIGGER so I know I was shrinking... Then the other day BAM 4 pounds! Don't know if I will ever reach goal.. been bad about not getting enough Protein, slipping up I guess.. but somedays it is just a chore. Premier Protien shakes are a staple in the house now, even my DH who never had a weight problem in his life, will grab one for a quick pick me up, mid afternoon. Now If I could just wean him of Ding Dongs! lol...

Hello All. My year mark was the 19th. HW353 SW329 CW200 GW180. Bummed I didn't reach my goal weight yet however I am jazzed about wearing a size 8/10 and not a size 26/28. Hope you all are doing well.

Today is my surgiversary - one year ago today I was in an operating room in Tijuana Mexico with Dr Cabrera (and his side-kick at the time Dr Carlos who said HE himself was the BEST surgeon) starting my weight loss journey to new health! I am so thankful for my 3 friends who went ahead of me and shared their experiences with me and now 7 friends who have gone after me to have the same surgery (3 went to MBC because, in part, of me and my journey!). This was a long and prayerful decision that I made together with God and I couldn’t be happier. Just before surgery I was at 312 lbs and now I am stuck at 200.4. Yep still haven’t hit onederland its been slow and steady – however…. I just stepped out of my comfort zone and joined a Boxing Gym and I have great expectations over the next few months of not only reaching my personal goal weight of 180 but going a long way to eliminate my bat wings and weak stomach muscles! LOL
I only wish I had done years ago! At 312 lbs I was so sedentary, wouldnt and couldn’t do fun things with my family (bad back, bad ankles, bad knees and bad attitude) and I never allowed anyone to take my picture… I virtually wrote myself out of my family history as there are NO pictures of me for years! Now Im down front of all family pictures making up for lost time! Don’t wait – just do it! Its not easy but its so worth it! Thank you MBC for my new beginnings! And thank you to my husband for all his love and support no matter what my weight!

transformed.jpg

transormed.jpg

Wow! A year! I hit my goal weight and feel fabulous! I so so so happy I had the sleeve. It changed my life for the better!

Congrats to all the aug 2014 sleevers! Wow we have made it a YEAR!!

Yesterday was my 1 year surgiversary. HW 364, SW 347, CW 254. I have to admit I'm pissed at myself for not losing more. My husband and mom often have to remind me that I have a huge amount of stress and losing as much as I have is an acomplishment.

Despite not losing as much as I want, I have had some great nsv's. I havnt been sick in over 6 months! (Huge victory for me because I have an immune deficiency and normally get sick every other week), I can cross my legs and curl up in a chair, I can bike 4 miles without stopping, I have inspired at least 10 people at work to use their breaks walking, I've been able to RUN with my 3yo son, and so so much more. Best thing I've done for myself :)