Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LB is pissing me off

Ann Taylor goes up to an 18 now. That is my favorite store and totally my style. Old Navy also carries plus sizes. i just got a nice pair of jean from there, size 16, so my first time not in the fat girl section in a long time!

Our LBs are very business oriented, not clubby at all - but I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm going to guess that at least half, if not more, of the store is dedicated to business wear, and they do carry some sharp slacks (that's mostly what I buy there).

Our Catherine's is very much geared to an older, as in much older, crowd. But if purple sequins ever become my thing, it will do me well.

Our Fashion Bug is split - some businesswear, but mostly stuff that's a little younger than I am.

(Fashion Bug, LB and Catherine's - and maybe a fourth, I can't remember, are part of "Charming Shops".) And for anyone who may not know, the LB mail order catalog has never been affiliated with LB. And, in fact, they've recently had to change their name and are now called "Women Within" or "The Woman Within," something like that.

My style, at least before I got fat and could still wear it, was very much along the lines of banana Republic, and for work Anne Taylor/Loft. My style never changed, but when "what fits" begins to matter much more than "what I like," you find your style becomes subject to change. Not really.

I'm so glad I'm back into decent clothes.

Alternative plus size shopping - Dress Barn, Coldwater Creek, Talbots, Casual Corner. Hopefully I won't need these much longer, either :-)

LB SUCKS plain and simple. My sister is a manager at one and trust me they suck. The manicans are at size 12 which they offer that size online. lol. THere clothes fit the first time, but after you wash them good bye to the fit. The only thing I continure to buy from there are their bra's. They fit wonderfully. I have been trying to get the manager at our store fired for the last year because everytime I go to the store my husband goes with me to keep the manager from bullying me. She told him last year that he needed to buy my sexy underwear to get me in the mood. WTF??? he put her in her place infront of about 20 other shoppers. SO now we call ahead and if she is there we just save the bra shopping for another day.

...and my waist is significantly thinner than my hips, which are - by far - the worst part of me. In a lot of stores, if something fits my hips, it's gaping at the waist. Or if it fits my waist, my hips are pulling the pockets tight. A lot of LB stuff is a very ideal cut for me, and saves me the add'l $ of having the pieces tailored.

That's EXACTLY my shape, and it stinks that LB is about the only place where the pants are cut just about right for me, too.

At one time I had found jeans that fit like a DREAM at Dots of all places. They were Pierre Cardin and they fit like a glove, waist was perfect, leg length was a little long, just like I like it and they wore like Iron (I gardened in them, the knees didn't wear out fast, and they washed up just like new). I'm only 5'8"ish, but I have long legs and regular pants are too short, most talls are too long at LB, these were just right. So I bought three pair, then never found them in a store again.

I can go to a lot more places. But I still find the best cut for my shape at LB. :rolleyes I did find some jeans at Gordman's that fit great, so I bought one, and one each in the next 3 sizes down, but most of what I buy are work clothes.

I'm still a plus size so no going to any random place just yet, but I'm definitely no longer limited to just a handful of stores. Most tops I'm an 18/20, sometimes a 14/16, sometimes a 22/24. Most bottoms I'm a 22, sometimes 20, sometimes 24.

I've been embracing the store changes. When I bought Catherine's 0X and it was too big, it was sooo nice to ask, "Do you have anything smaller?" I don't miss that place one bit!

What if every lapbander who shops at LaneBryant writes in to management in order to complain about their marketing policies? There are a lot of us out here.

I am the answer to every man's dream....a woman who hates to shop and loves to cook.

LOL You certainly are! :Banane43: And my husband is the answer to every woman's dream. He loves to shop, finds watching sports on TV boring, folds laundry, repairs stuff (if you wait long enough:rolleyes) and he does all the vaccuuming. And he is straight!:thumbs_up:

LOL You certainly are! :Banane43: And my husband is the answer to every woman's dream. He loves to shop, finds watching sports on TV boring, folds laundry, repairs stuff (if you wait long enough:rolleyes) and he does all the vaccuuming. And he is straight!:thumbs_up:

Yes...but does he have a younger BROTHER?!?! Haha! Hook me up!

Yes...but does he have a younger BROTHER?!?! Haha! Hook me up!

Yah, grrl! That's what all my GFs want to know. Sadly for us, he is one of a kind. *sniff*

Hi, I picked up some new things at L.B. last week during that B1G1 free on bottoms sale and it worked on 1 pair of jeans and a pair of bermuda shorts. They told me it worked on any bottom, even the more expensive tummy tamers, ofcourse they didn't have many and they only had the long jeans left online. Sunnysea

Well, this isn't what I thought this thread was about. I thought Wheet was pissed off with Lap Band, not Lane Bryant! I just couldn't imagine why!! HAHAHA!!

I worked for LB in high school. The company that owns them also owns Victoria's Secret, The Gap, banana Republic, Old Navy, Bath & Body Works, The Limited and Express.

I have vowed NEVER to walk into that store again. Never ever ever.

All I want is the Audrey Hepburn T-shirt in size 3X! Is that so much to ask???:tired

I have just come home after trying and failing once again! to find the perfect T-shirt in a size 3X. I want one with 3-quarter length sleeves, pure cotton, boat neckline, in black, white, deep grey, or a deep turquoise or periwinkel blue. What I have found are scoop necks, V-necks, long sleeves, short sleeves, no sleeves, an array of pastels, beiges, browns, synthetic blends, stuff with beads, with embroidery, and with appliques.

I did discover that we now have a Land's End outlet up here in Toronto. They sell the kind of T-shirt that I am looking for but only in girlish sizes, dammit!:cry

Then I started looking around me at other big women and I realised that an awful lot of them who were, well, kind of in my age group were wearing those scoop and V-neck T-shirts and they were showing some cleavage or tit-crack and I was kinda reminded of plumber's butt and not in a good way at that.:rolleyes

I am fond of my country but it can it can be frustrating to shop up here at times and I live in the heart of Canada's largest city. I so regret not learning how to sew when I was young.:phanvan Knowledge really is power!