Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Stage 2

post-226042-14150183835261_thumb.jpg

post-226042-14150184010931_thumb.jpg

post-226042-14150184205171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jen - a work in progress

This is Stage 2 for me. I should be starting this about 2 weeks post op. However, looking at it, I already tried some of these foods early. My 2 wk post op follow up is on Monday 11/10.

@@Jen - a work in progress I'm blown away that you're allowed to have poultry and meat already. I got a pretty intense lecture at 15 days post op for trying chicken even though it was minced up and in mayo for chicken salad. I would LOVE meatloaf or meatballs.

@@Jen - a work in progress I'm blown away that you're allowed to have poultry and meat already. I got a pretty intense lecture at 15 days post op for trying chicken even though it was minced up and in mayo for chicken salad. I would LOVE meatloaf or meatballs.

I can have it for the first 2 weeks as long as it is pureed. I had pureed chicken and yogurt for my first meal in the hospital. They recommended I try it in the hospital so I get an idea of what's expected as far as consistency and texture if I make it at home. I didn't start with liquids like some people had to unless you count the day of surgery where I only had Water. My first meal was lunch the day after surgery.

This may also be why they don't want me having Protein shakes. I can get a good deal of Protein from the meats, if I would just eat the meats. It was hard to eat the first few days, but after about day 5 or 6 something just clicked and I was able to eat more with ease.

@@Jen - a work in progress Got it! I can't deal with pureed meat. Makes my stomach roll.

@@Jen - a work in progress Got it! I can't deal with pureed meat. Makes my stomach roll.

I can't either. I don't puree it. I just make sure I chew until I can't chew anymore lol. Close enough for me!

Jen - have you tried lentils/ lentil Soup? Lentils are very high in Protein and in soup they're quite mushy.

Jen. Try some milk with some powdered milk.. that will get doubled Protein and taste good !!!

My story for the day.

So I was out shopping and I was really thirsty. So I stopped at McDonalds and got a 16oz cup (no lid or straw) The lady said all the drinks are the same price, do I want a larger one.. I said no. So I got me a 16oz orange Hi C. I love that stuff !!! Well I drank half and it was great. I go to log it into my fitness pal.. 160 cal and 44 grams of carbs for the full 16oz.. No way in hell am I drinking the other half. wow.

Side note Jen... GENEPRO Protein mix (you have to order it online) mixes so well with drinks and completely unflavored. I"ve put it in many different things. One scoop is 30 grams of Protein :)

Had my one week post op yesterday and my dr. Didn't look at my incisions. Later, after already having left the office, I felt uncomfortable with the fact that he didn't physically examine me. I know he knows what he's doing but....

He did ask how I felt and I said great, getting stronger everyday. Does anyone think it's odd? What was your post op like?

@@chellede @@SimplySue @@Vsglady - Thanks so much! I appreciate any and all advice from the "veterans"!

How soon until you all went back to work? I am basically at a desk all day, stressful job but nothing strenuous. I was hoping to be back at work, maybe even if just half days, after a week or so. Is that unrealistic? I know everyone is different but my thinking was whats the difference if i am sitting at my desk versus sitting on my butt at home? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again!

I had surgery October 23 and today was my first day back at work. I haven't had any issues but, I work from home at a desk so that makes a huge difference! I really think everyone is different so whatever works for you individually is what you should do! ????

Jen - have you tried lentils/ lentil Soup? Lentils are very high in Protein and in soup they're quite mushy.

I have not. I'll pick some up and try it. Thanks!

Side note Jen... GENEPRO Protein mix (you have to order it online) mixes so well with drinks and completely unflavored. I"ve put it in many different things. One scoop is 30 grams of Protein :)

I had samples of bipro that I liked prior to surgery that sounds similar. I got them from my dietician so I may ask her for more to see if they taste good still.

Also, I tried to powdered milk in my skim milk (fortified milk as my dietician calls it) and I didn't like it. I'm not a big milk drinker to begin with so I sometimes add a drop of light chocolate Syrup to it for some flavor. Not the best habit going forward, but right now I'm still operating within my allowed calories.

I was sleeved October 20th! HELP! The itching around the glue stuff is driving me NUTS!!!!!! What can I do to help it!? I know it's from the healing process but I can't stand not being able to itch!

I agree with the lentils. They are my fav.