Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

I LOVE Fage 0%!

@@elturner ... I had my surgery 16 days ago. I lost 12 lbs in a week, then gained 2. In the past 9 days I would lose those two pounds, gain those two pounds and stall on many days.... I felt like it was just like every other diet I was on .. I was not going to lose, that I failed this surgery. But honestly, our bodies are adjusting. I know you don't want to hear that, and I didn't want to hear that, but it's the truth!.

So what is getting me through it? Look at the success board, or look at the veterans boards. Look how much weight everyone has lost. They have all gone through stalls and made it through. This is part of the process and we just have to go through it :) Just hang in there.. and don't get depressed.. because everyone has made it through and so will you !!!!

:-) well said Chelle.

Omg the dog food smells so good! (One week what? Post OP!) went to one week post op and only lost one pound since surgery but I'm not too concerned since I had some problems after surgery with swelling and then the medicine they used to reduce the swelling caused my potassium to be nonexistent which caused symptoms that mimic blood clots..which led to some extra time in the hospital. Anyway, on a really much brighter note, apparently I had a huge hernia and by just repairing that I have so much more energy and can breathe so much better. Without sleeve surgery would any dr have picked it up? Loving my sleeve. Week 1. Ps my fears about going under did not include apparently my need to tell the anesthiologist how much I loved him, repeatedly over and over until I passed out. Lol pa I love you guys too for being so suportive! Xo

Plus not pa

For those who are 3 weeks out, hitting their stall and feeling exhausted, that's your body adjusting to the lack of calories and going into starvation mode. Mind over matter. You have to force yourself out of bed, exercise, get your heart rate up and then your body will realize it HAS to burn fat in order to keep up with what you want it to do and you'll get out of your funk faster. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm only one week out, but I can watch for signs of that stall and be proactive in the upcoming weeks.

Omg the dog food smells so good! (One week what? Post OP!) went to one week post op and only lost one pound since surgery but I'm not too concerned since I had some problems after surgery with swelling and then the medicine they used to reduce the swelling caused my potassium to be nonexistent which caused symptoms that mimic blood clots..which led to some extra time in the hospital. Anyway, on a really much brighter note, apparently I had a huge hernia and by just repairing that I have so much more energy and can breathe so much better. Without sleeve surgery would any dr have picked it up? Loving my sleeve. Week 1. Ps my fears about going under did not include apparently my need to tell the anesthiologist how much I loved him, repeatedly over and over until I passed out. Lol pa I love you guys too for being so suportive! Xo

Oh my goodness! That's a lot to go through! Glad you're on to brighter days now. And you're right, as the swelling decreases so will the #s on the scale. Keep up the positive attitude! One day at a time, one pound at a time, we'll make it

@@Vsglady OMG your'e so funny !!! I'm sorry you had some issues !!! But I"m so glad you're happy with the surgery !! It's amazing huh? You can't believe it really happened !!

Thanks every one for your support and knowledge about the " three week stall". I will make sure I get my heart rate up and get through this! I will over come! Lol

Hi everyone just wanted to share a "good thing" before I went in for surgery I ordered a Medical ID Bracelet from Lauren's Hope. Mine is a silver I'd with black velvet and pearls and silver. lH bracelets are interchangeable with the ID plate. My ID is imprinted with my name, gastric sleeve, VSG, no blind NG tubes and my ICE phone number. They have a huge assortment and many that don't scream medical iD. I think they may also have necklaces. I hope we never need them but our bodies have changed and this could be a good thing to have.

Another suggestion for those getting or recently sleeved my drs rule of thumb if you haven't gotten a flu shot yet , to wait until 2 weeks after surgery to get one.

@@rmspencer, last week you mentioned you had some egg drop Soup. I've been craving it since, so I'm having some right now-yum.

But how much Soups are you allowed & which phase are you in?

I haven't had soup since I entered phase 2, unless you call chili soup. But in looking at my paperwork, it says no more than 1/2 cup of food but is it the same for soup?

@@Kathy812 I was in full liquids. I only had 4oz of Soup. I made the egg in more broth but measured out the liquid and scooped out the egg.

Enjoy!

@vsgladlady -there's now a health app for the iphone that is accessible when phone is locked with med info too????????

Hi Everyone! I haven't been super active on here but I have been listening and am so happy to have you all to go through this with! I appreciate all of the words of honesty and encouragement you all share. I had my sleeve and hiatal hernia repair on October 1st. For about 2 weeks I wondered what the hell I did to myself! I am happy to say things are better. I am on "mushy foods" right now although I have to admit I am not very creative with this. I eat an egg a day and usually a 4 oz container of greek yogurt and sometimes I get a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. I was told I need to get in 95 grams of Protein a day so this stage has been difficult for me. I can get so much more Protein through the drinks, yet wonder if/how I will sustain myself on food....? Anyone else going through this? I have begun walking to increase my stamina. I have a job that requires travel and walking around quite a bit. I feel like I am one day "on" and the next day is difficult at this point for me. I remember someone saying only 4 oz of Soup at a time. I tried soup yesterday and it was a welcomed change. I think I probably had 6-8 oz. Does this mean I could be stretching out my sleeve? I would hate to mess things up with soup!!! Best wishes everyone!

PS. I also did the stall for almost 2 weeks! I am now averaging about 2 lbs a week. I have a friend that had this surgery and said the weight didn't really start moving until he moved to real food. I found this encouraging and hope it help someone else as well....