Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Getting tired of drinking liquids. I was on Clear liquids from Oct 4 until October 24th. I am now on full liquids. but can not add skim milk to shakes. tired of the same old food but still doing well. Living on premier shakes, broth, unjury chicken and unflavored sugar free Jello and popsicles. I mix the unflavored in my crystal light. I still have to be on full liquids for another 19 days. Has anyone else had to do liquids for this long? Wasn't sure if it was just my dr. I need some suggestions please. I return back to work October 31

Kpar, so liquids for so long? I made home made chicken Soup and strained it for the broth. It was a change and tasted like real food.

@@Kpar909956

Syntax nectar has fruit flavors you mix with Water. My favorite is Crystal Sky, the cherry was pretty good. I think there is one called Carribean cooler. I am going to get some more flavors today. Hang in there.

Ok friends, been gone for a few days, so I'm super far behind! Whomever is taking care of the Facebook, my email is :michigander22@hotmail.com

Chellede, loved all those pictures!

Kpar, you might ask if you can have some other stuff. Full liquids for me included cream of wheat, creamy Soups, pudding, and oatmeal! I was afraid to eat oatmeal though, and I told the Dietican that. She said I could eat instant mashed potatoes and plain yogurt =) I was very excited about the potatoes, even though they are instant. You might just ask, worst they can do is say no. I also drank about 4oz of 100% juice daily. It made me feel a lot better and less ditzy when I started doing that.

I'm sorry,.... but what is the name of the Facebook group?

Hey everybody! I had a lot of catching up to do too. Right now I am trying to find my balance. Starting tomorrow I can have oatmeal, cream of wheat and baked sweet potato!! I'm super excited for the change in food because lately it's been hard. I'm trying to keep positive and know that each day will get better but it's difficult when all I knew was food. Living in The New Orleans area all I know is food, good food...it's been a struggle and the struggle is in my head because I don't be hungry. My stomach makes sounds when I drink, lol that just popped in my head so I wrote it lol but anyway tomorrow I'll be two weeks out. Did anyone else have these struggles? I need advice, I need motivation and I need to know that it will get better.

I'm not on Facebook and I love it here so please don't forget about us non face bookers.

Much love

Tamicia

Tomorrow is my 2 week surgaversery. I also have a follow up doctor's appt. and I get to start on pureed foods. I am so excited. I can't believe I'm dreaming about scrambled eggs, refried Beans, and cottage cheese lol. I am getting really sick of Protein Shakes but I guess they are still a part of my life for at least the next month of my life. After that, I can drink milk or a Protein Shake. I will still try to drink them because they are such a good source of Protein. Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling good.

@@downsizingdebs, maybe talk with your doctor and tell him the situation. That's a unique situation and i'm sure the doctor and work with you on it :)

@@swedy1 - are you on clear or full liquids. If full liquids try liquifying some Soups :) Those are a nice change of pace !!

@@aSleeveStory - Sorry those things are too heavy. I'm with you too.. so over Protein shakes lol

@@Monasongbird_38 - October 2104 friends

@@shmeyers - my surgery buddy !! Can't believe it's been two weeks tomorrow. Let me know how you do with all the new foods. I have to wait until Wednesday night !!

@@lovelytrl - My other surgery twin !! Head hunger and the mental part is something that you're going to need to work through. It's the most difficult. But we are not going to be away from the foods forever. It's just while we heal. We just won't be able to eat a lot of our favorite foods. We will really notice it once we start eating solid foods. Right now everything is just passing through. We are not getting that full feeling. And look, Friday I went out with friend and just had the broth of some gumbo. It was delicious ! Soon you'll be able to having that good Nawlins food !

This is my day today ...

So I just had my 2 week follow up and I"m just happy. I absolutely LOVE my surgeon. So he took a look at my incisions and I told him I was allergic to the glue. Even showed him the pic that you guys saw, he said "Yup, out of all my years of doing this, I've only see 3 people who really are allergic to the glue.. and you are one of them" . He said a lot of people think they are allergic, but I really was. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm special like that LOL

Also I told him about me stalling for 5 days, and he gave me that look.. then said "I don't care about weight loss right now... you tell me why I don't care about weight loss" .. I said, "Because I'm healing?" ... he smiled and nodded. He also said that the reason for these food steps has nothing to do with the diet, but everything to do with healing. He said, go ahead and use salt, use pepper, use your seasonings. You're eating such a small amount compared to before surgery. Enjoy it.

Also said I can start transition into puree on Wednesday, but only at night for the first week. He said on the third week of any meal type, use it as a transition into the next. I thought that was smart !!

He said he wants to see me in 3 months and is looking around a 24 lb loss. To me that seems small, but maybe he just sets it low so people don't stress out.

Hope everyone have a great day. Thanks for reading my rant

As my doctor said .. "The scale is going one way .. down" We all got this !

@@chellede

I was thinking about just starting with dinner. It seems like it would be too big of a shock to my system. My appt. is at 1:50 tomorrow so I figured I would at least wait till I talked with the doctor. I'm glad you had a good day.

@@lovelytrl, can't really offer any words of advice but I can tell you you're not in this alone. I'm having the same thing I a lot head hunger, especially, since in the last week I've been around people eating some of my favorites.

On a good note, I found a recipe on this site that was delish. Cottage cheese in a processor, pureed till creamy, a little cinnamon & splash of vanilla extract w/ one packet of sweeter. So good, doesn't sound good but trust me it was.

I also had corned beef hash in the food processor, looks awful but also tasty.

Hang in there, it will get better. We'll get through it together.

Tamicia

You will feel a lot better once you start having the more substantial foods tomorrow. I felt the same as you did on liquids. Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out but my doc doesn't want me eating potatoes of any kind nor cream of wheat or oatmeal. Ive been having eggs, tuna, chicken plus my usual liquids.

I'd like to be added... Kristenwenke@gmail.com.

I had the sleeve Oct 9th. Down 15 lbs since surgery. Hardest part for me right now is the pitty party thinking I can no longer have most foods. I love to cook and love to eat. Now I have to find away around that. But it will happen.

@@Elaine Sunday you will still be able to have your favorite foods. It will be in very very small amounts, but you'll get the flavor. I have a saying when I was dieting ... the first bite "mmmmm this is good" .. the second bite "Mmmm that was good" ... two bite rule ! Please don't let your head think that you will never ever have those foods !