Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day three of my pre-op diet and I have to say it....it's awful! I'm allowed 2 Water based Protein Shakes a day and 4 oz of lean meat with a half-cup of veggies. I can also have 2 servings of broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles plus tons of water. The worst of it is the awful Protein shakes. Well, those and the 8 chewable bariatric Vitamins I have to take. Don't get me wrong, I can do this and I WILL do this! But, it's not easy. 11 more days to go.......

Greetings September Sleevers :) Great to read all your posts! I'm on my second day of the Pre Op Diet, I'm scheduled for 9/16. I'm nervous, hungary and tired...lol I am using "MY Fitness Pal" just to log my liquids and food (or lack of) and what ever exercize I can squeeze in. Does anyone use something better?

Feeling a bit Anxious, what should I expect during the next 2 weeks and right after the surgery, anyone know someone that has done this recently?

Thanks!

Good luck, BellaLuce4! My surgery is scheduled for Sept 15th and I'm on day three of the pre-op diet. I'm using a journal to keep track of things and I also feel hungry and tired. We can do this!

Greetings September Sleevers :) Great to read all your posts! I'm on my second day of the Pre Op Diet, I'm scheduled for 9/16. I'm nervous, hungary and tired...lol I am using "MY Fitness Pal" just to log my liquids and food (or lack of) and what ever exercize I can squeeze in. Does anyone use something better?

Feeling a bit Anxious, what should I expect during the next 2 weeks and right after the surgery, anyone know someone that has done this recently?

Thanks!

Hi, I am on day 2, so I'll be right after you! Looking foward to follwing your success!!

I'm on day three of my pre-op diet and I have to say it....it's awful! I'm allowed 2 Water based Protein Shakes a day and 4 oz of lean meat with a half-cup of veggies. I can also have 2 servings of broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles plus tons of water. The worst of it is the awful Protein shakes. Well, those and the 8 chewable bariatric Vitamins I have to take. Don't get me wrong, I can do this and I WILL do this! But, it's not easy. 11 more days to go.......

Nice to see all the encouragement.

My surgery is on 9/29, pre-op diet starts 9/15. Trying not to go hogwild before that.

Surgery in North Mississippi.

I'm also September, I'm on the 9th. I'm so anxious can't sleep can't think oh god!!! I'm really afraid. Has any one else experienced hi anxiety pre op???

Hang in there Aisha - only 5 more days.

Deep breaths and nice, long walks.

Although I was scheduled for September 2nd, my surgery got moved up. I had my sleeve August 26th. It was totally amazing. I swear to you all, I worried for nothing. It went smoothly. I feel wonderful. I hope everyone else has the same experience I have had.

Well, crap! I just saw my pcp for preop blood work and EKG. The EKG showed a slight irregular heartbeat and enlargement of one side of my heart. She's going to send to the surgeon and see if it's good enough or if I have to see a cardiologist for clearance. I'm praying that this doesn't stop me from getting the surgery. :'(

Although I was scheduled for September 2nd, my surgery got moved up. I had my sleeve August 26th. It was totally amazing. I swear to you all, I worried for nothing. It went smoothly. I feel wonderful. I hope everyone else has the same experience I have had.

Congrats!!! You had it in my birthday???? That is so reassuring to hear! Wish you great success!

Well, crap! I just saw my pcp for preop blood work and EKG. The EKG showed a slight irregular heartbeat and enlargement of one side of my heart. She's going to send to the surgeon and see if it's good enough or if I have to see a cardiologist for clearance. I'm praying that this doesn't stop me from getting the surgery. :'(

Don't worry. I have heart issues but my cardiologist gave clearance with a couple of tests. I had my surgery yesterday.

Don't worry. I have heart issues but my cardiologist gave clearance with a couple of tests. I had my surgery yesterday.

Awesome! Hopefully that's all it will be for me, too. :)

Awesome! Hopefully that's all it will be for me, too. :)

Okay I have a question since we are talking cardiologist. I had my pre op interview or whatever with the hospital before surgery to discuss health history and such. Everything was fine until the end when she said I had to take my atenolol 25mg morning of surgery and 2 days post op. I said "excuse me? My what?" Now a little history I have a perfect EKG, perfect ECHO, and BP runs 120/70 or 110/70. So why would I take heart medication?? Is this normal? No one from cardiologist even spoke a word of it. Talk about raise in anxiety and fear. I have a call into the cardiologist so he can explain things to me but 19 days before surgery I didn't need this!!

Stay encouraged.

I am on day four and this totally sucks lol. I keep telling myself 11 days until surgery I can do it.