Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@BlessedOne83, my surgeon said I could take as little as a week off since I have a desk job. I'm taking 2 weeks off.

BlessedOne...my medical folks suggest 6 weeks, simply to get used to the new way of life. I am thinking I will take at least 4. Work has been one of the main reasons I chose the surgery... A time to focus just on me, and I am fortunate to have enough sick time to do so. But, while Dr. said he prefers six, he will approve when patient is off pain meds, and getting Protein and liquids in... Lifting restrictions apply for 6-8 weeks.

Good luck!

I'm taking 2 weeks off might go back early have desk job.

Hi ladies

How many days or weeks after surgery did your dr say you can go back to work?

My surgeon said, with no issues, about 2 weeks. I have a desk job. If you have a strenuous job, it could be longer.

I too am taking off about two weeks depending on how I recover

Sept 5th ... super excited ... I'm not really nervous ... YET...lol...

My date is the 5th also.

<p>Hello Fellow September Sleevers. I am booked in for the 8th of september. Very nervous!! Very scared!! Really struggling on the Optifast shakes. How are you all feeling pre-op and about the coming experience?</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Hey. I have been doing Optifast since Aug 9th. My last day is September 6. Surgery Sept 10th . I have lost 17lbs drinking them. I had to do 4weeks of Optifast prior to surgery.

I am so nervous....in 16 hours I will be walking into the surgical center for the biggest decision of my life. I have been put through an emotional rollercoaster with friends and family over this, and I decided that I am going to go through with this regardless of the opinions I get. I just wish the jitters would stop now.

Ahhh September 2nd you came so quickly!!!!

I am so nervous....in 16 hours I will be walking into the surgical center for the biggest decision of my life. I have been put through an emotional rollercoaster with friends and family over this, and I decided that I am going to go through with this regardless of the opinions I get. I just wish the jitters would stop now. Ahhh September 2nd you came so quickly!!!!

I know it going to be hard for you to sleep tonite

I know it going to be hard for you to sleep tonite

I cant even sit still right now. Its a work holiday for me, and Im just trying to keep busy. Lol it's not working lol