Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"I thought you did this yourself." ...?

Sounds like a real case of sour grapes to me. Your photos are inspirational - good on you, and congrats on all your hard work x

You DID do it yourself. That was an ignorant comment from an ignorant person. You look amazing by the way!

I agree that a lot of people think this is easy and have no clue what wls entails. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But I understand the frustration when people down play all of your hard work! That really gets under my skin as well. But you did this for you and you only. You know your accomplishments. Be proud!

Amazing transformation is all I can say. You look super cute!

It really is a lot of hard work! People that haven't been through it just don't understand. I've worked harder at this than I have anything in my life. Gym 4-5 times per week for a solid hour workout and managing three kids with a traveling husband. It's not the easy way out at all! I say of this to let you know that I can't stand when people give their unsolicited opinion about our weight loss. I'm so glad you have such a positive outlook and let it roll off. You look absolutely stunning and anyone that has been through it can look at you and know how hard you had to work to get there!

OMG! Unbelievable that people are so incredibly stupid!

Of course you have to be professional but I bet we could come up with some good responses for fun. Like yes with the help of my surgeon I am not eating myself to death. Wouldn't it be nice to have it all just happen without thought and effort every day. It's hard work. I always say I'm working hard.

You look to damn good to care what she thinks or anyone else for that matter. You did great kid! :)

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Someone said the same to me recently they said oh you did it that way ... I said yes but I'm still careful and I still exercise and I still make a point of using the stairs not the elevator and it's a still a battle and I still need to be mindful of what I eat so it's not easy it's just an 'assistant'

This was an ignorant comment from an ignorant person. It's like telling an alcoholic to just stop drinking. It doesn't work for them, and just not eating doesn't work for us.

You don't need to give her any comeback or smartass remarks. Not when you look like you do. You are strikingly beautiful and that picture tells it all.

I got the hate from the physical therapist I had to talk to. She was not nice about it either.

Throw shade right back. Yelp the hell out of her unprofessionalism.

One time someone said something stupid like that to my sister in law. SIL was silent a moment, then looked her in the eye and said " Did you really just say what I think you said?" The woman was so shocked she fell all over herself apologizing. Clueless!!

@@Mrs.RRn sounds like she jealous! Lol!! It's amazing how people can talk about you when you're obese and when you lose weight!! You go girl and keep up the great work!!

Edited by waitingtoexhale

You look awesome. Some people are so stunned

Ugh, those people drive me crazy!! They definitely have no clue about all of the work we put in!! I'd like to see any of them try to live a day in our lives and see how "easy" it is! Funny how society loves medical advances in treating disease, but when it comes to advances in treating obesity (and therefore treating, curing, or preventing many other diseases) it is such a taboo! Like you would ever go to someone who took antibiotics to cure a disease and say "ohhh, I thought you did it yourself!"