Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late 20s/early 30s women who had RNY

Thanks for sharing Autumn, how inspiring! Do you need to wear any kind if compression top when you go running? I cant imagine myself ever running... I suppose no one does when they're so overweight though. Who knows what I'll find passion for when I'm lighter and have more energy.

Thanks for the great question. No I do not wear compression garments while running. I don't actually notice the jiggles too much. I do however wear a great sports bra, because those babies would be painful and jiggly to run in ;)

I am 29 years old and had my surgery Halloween 2013.

My highest weight was 333 pounds, had surgery at 282 pound and currently weigh 182 pounds!

Regrets: for the first 8 months I had regrets. Please note though, I had a lot of complications, some of which astounded my doctor. My first 2 months, I could only get in maybe 150 calories, and about 36 calories my first month

Now that all my complications have subsided, I no longer have any regrets. I am the fittest I have ever been, I am competing in races, and love my new body.

Ok, your big question, excess skin. I have a lot!!!! I will see if I can find a picture. My body looks like a smaller version of my biggest form. I have a similar tummy, just a little deflated.

At 150 pounds lost, I am ok with my excess skin. Do I wish I had a flat tummy, totally, but I am so grateful for the things I can now do, that my body image is not dependent on a fit body.

I no longer have weight/scale goals, I have fitness goals.

In 2 weeks, I am running a 10k obstacle course! I could not have done that a year ago.

I went kayaking, stand up paddleboarding and more

I have a life back. Please feel free to ask me anything, I am an open book lol.

Now to find some pictures. I will attach some skin ones, as well as some clothing ones so you can see the difference. I don't wear spanks or anything.

AutumnPunkin!!! You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that you do not regret your decision, even after complications (that sucks though, glad you are out of the woods with all that). That has been my biggest struggle in the preop process (other than fitting into booths, chairs, clothes, etc. Lol.), is that fear of regret. You look awesome!!!! Your post has made me feel 10x better about my decision. =) More than you know!

Hi. I'm a single, 35 year old female who is about 2.5 weeks from surgery. My official start weight was 363 lbs. I'm now 340 lbs, as of Friday's weigh-in. I was told 10 years ago that I would never lose the weight without surgery, and it's taken this long for me to decide to go through with it. My biggest fear at the time was how much I would miss out on travel-wise. I love to travel and didn't think the RNY was conducive to travel. I was working in a village in Guatemala last year when I came across someone who had been through the procedure and he told me how much better travel is post-op, now that he can go hiking and do the things he had wanted to do. I returned to the US for a job and the opportunity presented itself this past spring.

I still have about 200 lbs to lose, and am worried about excess skin and all of that. But I'm working with a personal trainer to help strengthen the my muscles.

I have always been that wonderful girl who is a great friend, but not datable. I'm curious to see what happens in that respect. Will I still remain invisible? How will it effect me? I'm so used to being picked on and laughed at that I ignore comments from guys.

Yet, even with the weight I've lost since May, people are noticing a difference in me. My coworkers and nurse from the weight mgmt office all have asked me if I'm seeing someone new, because I'm radiant and glowing of late. And really, I feel alive for first time in years.

Post-op, I have a date with my snowboard and the slopes over the winter holiday. My nephew, who turns 20 this fall, and I plan to participate in a warrior dash next summer.

I would also love to connect with other single females in their late 20s to mid-30s who are going thru with the RNY. Or have gone thru with it. I want to know your experiences.

I am 36 and had my surgery March 31. I had the RNY and do not regret it. My hw was 210 and now I am 153-154. I am also 5 feet tall. I eat super healthy and stay away from the bad foods that made me gain weight. I used to be a foodie and now my relationship with food has changed a lot. I eat to live vs live to eat. I walk a lot but the main thing I am struggling with is hitting the gym on regular basis and toning up. My goal weight is about 120. I love myself more than ever and I am grateful to God to help me get there.

Hello,

I am 36 as well. I had my bypass I March of this year. My SW was recorded at 225. I'm nearly 6 months out and already down to 149. I'm worried losing too quickly! ( who would've thought?!) I see my doc next month and see what he advises. I do have children, and also hanging skin. Because of a heart condition my cardiologist advises against heavy aerobics. I walk a lot! I also lift dumb bells. I'd love to read ways others may be ridding themselves of the saggy skin.

I'm 34 and had my RNY on March 17th, 2014. I was 242 lb pre-op and I am now 188 lb. I have not lost weight as quickly as others but, on the plus side, that means the skin has more time to recover and you get less saggy skin. I'm not married but I do have a boyfriend.

I haven't been as good with exercise, though I am currently in the alpha phase of the T25 workout and looking forward to seeing results from that! I also go walking about three times per week, but haven't done much in terms of strength training though I'm incorporating that as well.

In terms of regret, the feeling is more for specific moments. Our brains are trained to eat and drink huge quantities and the surgery does not change those. As your body changes and you can do new things (like cross your legs!) you'll realize why those sacrifices are worth it an welcomed!

I look forward to getting to my goal weight (135 lb) and seeing all I'll be able to do then. In the meantime, I'm definitely planning ahead! I signing up for a tough mudder race in July 2015 and already buying clothes for next summer (size medium!).

The picture below is my current before and after. My hair was really long pre surgery and I cut it off to donate to locks of love.

post-228828-0-83608100-1407819859_thumb.jpg

I'm 27. Married, no kids just puppies. I've lost over 100lbs so far and I've still got a ways to go. So far the loose skin is only really bad on my arms. I already hate if. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week. I've built up a bunch of muscle under there, but the underneath still has the hanging skin. I'll never be able to afford surgery to fix it, is I guess I'll just have to live with if. My tummy and boobs aren't that bad. My boobs haven't lost much weight at all and now they look huge compared to the rest of me. My thighs will probably be gross at some point but they're ok for now.

So far everything else has pretty much been great, obviously I don't have to deal with dating but i been a lot more active and it's very nice. I'm doing a 4.3 mile walk next weekend and looking forward to running my first 5k soon. And even going out feels so much better, I don't just feel like the fat girl now. I'm almost 6 months out and have no regrets at this point.

Edited by Wallflower7522

Such amazing progress I am seeing here!! So inspiring!

Edited by AutumnPunkin

I did my first 10k obstacle race this past Sunday! What a rush!! I am so hooked on running now.

Hw 333

Sw 282

Cw 182 pounds!!

October 31st surgery

Had a duplicate post. Sorry :)

post-127264-0-38515500-1408807032_thumb.png

post-127264-0-99324300-1408807150_thumb.png

Edited by AutumnPunkin

I'm 27, I haven't had surgery yet do I'd love to keep connected. My surgery will be first week of October. I'm at 242lbs and 5'1. I think it should be noted that the skin issue is mainly dependent on build. After long extensive chats with my doctor he has made it clear that I am built like a male in the sense that I'm proportionate and carry my weight evenly. Since I'm on a large frame he is almost certain I will have no skin issues. Therefore if you carry your weight largely in your stomach that's where you will have sagging skin. Weights help too! You'll do great!

I did my first 10k obstacle race this past Sunday! What a rush!! I am so hooked on running now. Hw 333 Sw 282 Cw 182 pounds!! October 31st surgery Had a duplicate post. Sorry :)

You look really great. I hope I can get there. I have about 35lbs to be at goal weight but id really like to get 20-30lns past that.