Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your natural remedies

I thread for me leads to other thoughts for topics. The older I get the more I want to get away from horrible drugs that make me sick. For years I have watched and read the books of Dr. Andrew Weil on natural healing.

I came across this recently on FB, where a cousin across the US said this remedy cured her leg cramps, so I thought I would start with this post. Please share your recommendations too!

"I have fibromyalgia and lupus and for 25 years I have suffered with leg cramps [not at all related to the fibro] and when I get cold it is worse. I heard about the mustard and wow, it works within minutes. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. This has allowed me to live a little more normal a life. YES I carry mustard packs with me every where. I can't stress my muscles at all though or a spasm WILL occur ; so no walking or running for me :( Gods speed for the knowledge of this to get out there. Oh I also get them in my back stomach and throat the throat is really scary when that one happens. THANK GOD FOR MUSTARD!!!!

A friend told me she takes a spoonful of mustard for muscle cramps. I thought it sounded goofy. Last night I got a really awful cramp in my leg. I tried massaging it, walking around, which usually works, but nothing helped. I went to the fridge in desperation and squeezed out a small spoonful of ordinary mustard (not even dijon) from the 99cent store. In seconds the pain vanished, almost before I finished swallowing. I am still dumbfounded by the experience. It makes no sense to me. But it worked.

Mustard contains turmeric which is an anti-inflammatory.

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-turmeric/

I just read that. Thanks! Tumeric and Curamin are my new best friends and part of my daily diet, mainly part of the cure for my gout.

Turmeric can be mixed with honey -- great for inflammation.

I just started a regimen of Bragg's vinegar every day. Mix 1-2 Tbsp. with 1/2 cup organic apple juice, Water and 1 tsp. honey. (alkaline to protect the stomach from too much acid). I have been interested in the vinegar (not regular vinegar) for man years. Finally bought the book.