Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miserable..3 weeks post op..Messing up! HELP!

Hi, I was sleeved on 7/3 in Mexico. For the past week, I have been doing things I shouldn't be. I have had 1/2 a bagel with cream cheese, some candy, some bread, Egg McMuffin, hash browns.... I read how people can barely keep down a yogurt...yet I can eat a whole yogurt....drink 11oz

Protein Drink in 1 sitting......Whats wrong with me!! I need help!

The bad habits and addictions that we had before the surgery do not so away. The sleeve is only a tool. IF you are at the point that you can do all of these things, there are several possibilities, but the most likely is that you just aren't feeling the damage you are doing due to the nerves healing after surgery.

Get these food options out of your house. Do not allow these things to be around you. Start your purees and be gentle and kind to your body.

Please get some support, try and locate an overeaters anonymous if nothing else. Good luck!

This is very dangerous. Please stick to your post op plan. You are at risk of developing of leak with this behavior.

Do you have a local doctor set up for your follow up care? What part of Ohio are you in?

Please listen to the other posters and stop this behavior. You must follow the after care instructions in order to heal properly. You don't want to end up with complications! Be strong. Remember that you had this surgery to improve your life. Don't risk ruining any chance of a positive outcome! We're here to support you, vent as needed, but follow your instructions!

Why did you bother to have surgery if you are just going to keep eating crap? Not only are you putting your life in danger by eating this way so soon after surgery, but you WILL FAIL to lose weight if you don't make the right food choices. Right now you are turning this surgery into a big waste of time and money.

Listen to what everyone else just said. You are taking a great risk. Throw all the bad food away. And start again from the next bite. Try to remember the behavior that got you where you are and the reasons you had this surgery. Be kind to yourself!

Biggest question: why are you putting that stuff in your mouth in the first place? This surgery was a last resort for me and I have made sure I do NOTHING to mess it up. Because what's left after surgery? ANOTHER surgery? I don't think so!

Please stop the self-sabotage and remember why you had this surgery in the first place. Junk food is just that... Junk! And you don't need it. Try and look up support groups in your area or at least some sort of psych that can help you. Because like you said, you really do need help.

This sounds like head hunger and you could choose to make better choices. Listen to the others here. Get some help if you can from a nutritionist. You are liable to have more medical problems if you continue.

I agree with some of the responses that were posted, but not all. I dont understand the individuals that have more of a judgmental response than a helpful one. No this is not ideal eating behavor after surgery, but what we must remember, is that no one gets to the point of surgery because they have good eating habits. Surgery only fixes the physical aspect of the stomach, not the psychological aspect that led you to this point. This is suppose to be a place where individuals feel comfortable to come to and be open and honest about what they are going through, and are able to receive support and guidance, not made to feel bad and judge. Did you ever consider that your negative remarks, may drive this person to continue more bad eating habits? Im sure she is not the only one that has gone through this, and I commend her on be able to come forth and admit whats going on, and seek help.

I seriously stayed on pureed foods 6 weeks after I choked on a small piece of soft chicken at 4 weeks. If that candy or english muffin gets stuck mid-chest, you are in trouble. Not to mention stretching your sleeve so it will be as if you did not have surgery. If you are drinking sodas too, that is even worse. My question is WHY you are doing this? It is dangerous. We are only here to support you but as you can see, it is upsetting to us what you are doing to your body, your health and your loved ones. God Bless as you make the decision what your path ahead will be. You were given the directions from the experts here, who have been through this, heeded the warnings, followed the plans, and have reached success. You can join us or not.

WOW!! I was hoping to get some encouragement or understanding from this group. Instead.....I receive judgement and shame. I don't think I could ever be as mean to another person as some of your replies were to me. I know what I did was very wrong....and I felt extremely bad about it....what I didn't expect was the hurtful way in which some of you responded! I did not realize that NO ONE ELSE EVER made a mistake!! Guess you are all angels....and have never done something you are ashamed of!! Well....may God continue to bless your perfect lives!!

Jewelski, this was just frightening for us to read. So sorry for sounding judgmental, but seriously, know the responses came from our hearts to warn you of the dangers!!! Please re-read the responses. We all have such an emotional connection to food. No one is perfect anywhere. I have eaten 2 Hershey chocolate bars in 8 months and it was absolutely wonderful to let that chocolate melt in my mouth. I eat more than my husband. We were both sleeved. These first few months are when you will lose the most weight, and you must take advantage of it. I have stopped losing weight at 6 months. I cannot exercise, otherwise I might lose more. My husband sipped a lot of bouillion when he wanted something. He has lost 100 lbs. in 8 months. Please go for the gusto and know that it will be worth all this!!!

@@jewelski, my deepest apologies if anything i said hurt you. as @@LindafromFlorida said, we reacted from fright and from a place of caring. none of us are in any position to be judgemental... we just want you to succeed and be healthy, MOST important to be healthy, and that means changing the behaviors you are telling us about, that you are asking us for help about. maybe the help you are asking for would best come from a therapist? we are not qualified to answer your question "what's wrong with me?" i know that i couldn't handle making all these changes without the support of my therapist and the happy meds that my psychiatrist prescribes. please don't let this turn you off to the forums. you are always welcome to say whatever you need to here, including slapping us if we answer less gently than we should have. it's hard to read emotion into written responses. we are here for you, and your response to our responses show that indeed, NONE of us are perfect.

Hello :) are u sure they sleeved you? It was done in Mexico. That doesn't seem normal to have eat all that and u still be ok.

Yeah, I saw an earlier post on that-- the surgery was never done!

Edited by BeagleLover