Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for those that met their goals...

How long did it take you to reach your goal weight? I'm at 4 months and only about 45% to my goal weight. I feel like a lot of the people's posts that I've read had them reaching near goal at 6 months. I'm thinking that's not happening for me in 2 months time.

Oh please, please, please don't judge your weight loss by another's. It does not go well when we do that. It just discourages us and makes us feel like we failed or are not good enough.

There are so many different reasons why people don't lose the same amount of weight. Genes, age, height, bone structure, activity levels, health, treatments, illnesses, programs that we are encouraged to follow......On and on we go.

You are you and I am I and if I lose 20 lbs less then you in the same time frame as you then why shouldn't I be happy. If you took that 20 lbs of butter and placed it on the table in front of you it would be a lot.

Put the scale away and don't do this to yourself. Check yourself and see the differences by how you feel, clothes and activity level.

Weigh once a month or at the most 2 times a month for now.

Enjoy the journey, no matter how long it takes. This is your ride. No one else's..okay!

It took me 12 months to reach the goal weight set by my doctor and then another 2 months to lose 15 more lbs. I'm a half-fast loser. :-)

http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9018/entry-31257-are-you-a-half-fast-loser/

Edited by joatsaint

My understanding is you will lose the fastest in the 1st 6 months but will lose 50-60% of total weight, by a year 65-75% and the the rest in the next year. There are a lot of variables that affect everybody's journey. But if you stay on course you will get to your goal. Even with the sleeve the last weight is the hardest. But their are hundred's of sucess stories to read of those who did it! Good journey!

Took me 16 months to reach my personal goal. Lost most in first 9 months (90lbs) then took me 7 months to lose 30 more. So don't compare. It's not a race and there is no finish. Even though I am "at goal" every day is pretty much like the losing phase but with some more calories allowed. I will always need to be vigilant.

It is apples to oranges. Took me longer to lose 168# as a middle aged woman then it's going to take a young man to lose say 100#. You can't think in terms of other people just maximize your own results! !!