Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Months Post Op Pic & Feeling Pretty Fabulous

wow, you look incredible dear!!! I need to take my pics before I get sleeved....I keep forgetting for some reason . Can't wait to have a pic like that ((HUGS)) you are an inspiration.

wow, you look incredible dear!!! I need to take my pics before I get sleeved....I keep forgetting for some reason . Can't wait to have a pic like that ((HUGS)) you are an inspiration.

Yes, definitely take pictures! No matter how much you hate to do it! It has been SO encouraging to do my monthly before and after pics. One thing I didn't do and wish I would have is to also take your measurements so that you can track that as well. I have no clue how many inches i have lost and would love to know! :-)

Wow! You've inspired me! You look amazing. Can I ask you a personal question....dud you have a lot of extra skin or did you tone as you went along?

Thank you. I do have some excess skin under my arms and lower stomach. I have been working on them since about 4 months post op with weight training and toning, but I do suspect eventually I will have surgery to get Excess skin removal.< /p>

You look absolutely amazing. Only 3 lbs left to go! You've been such a great inspiration - thanks for sharing your journey :-)

Wow! You've inspired me! You look amazing. Can I ask you a personal question....dud you have a lot of extra skin or did you tone as you went along?

Thank you. I do have some excess skin under my arms and lower stomach. I have been working on them since about 4 months post op with weight training and toning, but I do suspect eventually I will have surgery to get Excess skin removal.< /p>

Well I can't tell!! You look simply amazing! Such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Holy moly!!! You're going to be much healthier for much longer! You DO look fabulous!

Wow! Thank you for posting your pics . Your before photo is like me pre-op and now 5 and half weeks post op. I have lost 34 lbs. and lost many inches. I am wearing clothes that I wore 4 to 5 years ago, yet it is still difficult to imagine a thinner me, your after pic helps me imagine that is more possible. Thank You! When did you start seeing yourself thinner?

WOW!!!! I had surgery the same month you did and as you know, it is CONSTANT work. We will always have to eat healthy and exercise, but it is so worth it. I have lost 68 pounds in the same amount of time and thought that was pretty amazing. People tell me I am "half"of what I was, but you really are!

You don't look like you were ever heavy, and I am wondering if you are finding that people take you more seriously now? I am finding that my opinions both professionally and socially "weigh more" (pun intended). Does this mean that normal weight people are viewed as being more intelligent? Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or maybe it is because when we look "normal" we are more confident. What do you all think?

Wow! Thank you for posting your pics . Your before photo is like me pre-op and now 5 and half weeks post op. I have lost 34 lbs. and lost many inches. I am wearing clothes that I wore 4 to 5 years ago, yet it is still difficult to imagine a thinner me, your after pic helps me imagine that is more possible. Thank You! When did you start seeing yourself thinner?

Wow! Great question! This is something, honestly, I struggle with daily. I tend to think of the "real me" as the 285-pound version of me. A lot of times I feel like an imposter as the "thin me." I'm starting to more and more allow myself to realize that this is the "real me" and that has come through a lot of hard emotional work with my therapist who specializes in eating disorders. I highly recommend the book "When food is Love" by Geneen Roth. It has literally changed my life :-)

WOW!!!! I had surgery the same month you did and as you know, it is CONSTANT work. We will always have to eat healthy and exercise, but it is so worth it. I have lost 68 pounds in the same amount of time and thought that was pretty amazing. People tell me I am "half"of what I was, but you really are!

You don't look like you were ever heavy, and I am wondering if you are finding that people take you more seriously now? I am finding that my opinions both professionally and socially "weigh more" (pun intended). Does this mean that normal weight people are viewed as being more intelligent? Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or maybe it is because when we look "normal" we are more confident. What do you all think?

Another great question! I absolutely find that people sometimes treat me differently now that I am thin. Sometimes in a positive way (like you describe) and sometimes in a negative way. The negative usually comes from "old friends" who are not comfortable for their own personal reasons with the new me. As far as the being taken more seriously question, I would say yes, but like you mention, I'm not sure if it's people's perceptions of thin vs. obese people or if it is in my increased confidence. I definitely speak up now and give input way more than I ever would have before. So I guess it's hard to tell.

I am 30 days post op. Been in a stall for the past week. Can't believe it. already a stall! I started at 220 and hit 199.5 and am stuck! How often did you hit times like this when the scale refused to move. I am so discouraged. I am wondering if I will actually ever lose weight or if this is my natural level and there is no hope for me.

Congratulations! You look amazing!

Thank you for your reply and book suggestion. I know I have turned to food when I just needed love. I know my family has always shown love with food. Now family get togethers will be different. My Mom has even said instead of going to lunch lets get a pedicure instead. Even now on a rough day I have found myself turning to a food as comfort . Except now it is not comfortable eating 2 ounces of food too fast. I have caught myself thinking why did I do that ? Learning all about my sleeve and my feelings. Every day is a challenge , any one who has said this surgery is the easy way out has no idea what a food addiction is like. I will be getting the book !