Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please, your freaking me out!

If one more person tells me that I have the hand of god I think I might lose it.

At the grocery store putting my groceries in my car my cart slips away a woman grabs it and I thank her. She puts her hand on my shoulder and quickly removes it. She jumps back. I ask her what happened if she got a shock she says no. You have the hand of god. I say what and she points at me and says about 2 years ago right. I look at her and don't reply...She says I am close to god and I know. she says today will start to be a better day for you...I smile she walks away...My day continues to be just another day...Saturday I am walking back from the mail box and a woman asks me if I am well.

I say what do you know about me and she says have yo had a heart attack. And I say no! She says I saw you and prayed for you right away.. You are special and in gods hands...

Next I go to buy fish and the man behind the counter tells me that I have been saved for a purpose and that I will make a difference in this world...

I do believe in God. But I know I am not more important then anyone else. Just because I survived a almost deathlike experience does not make me special....It makes me really uncomfortable.

It happens to me a lot! Scares me and unsettles me a lot!

Wow that is amazing. I would agree it would make me uncomfortable as well. But truly amazing that some people are linked in like this.

Yeah, that would freak me out too but look at it this way, what they are saying to you are all positive things.

Edited by MommyMeghan

That's just weird. My resting b*tch face keeps the loonies like that away. Perhaps you should work on one of those. :D

Bah, ha, ha, ha

Can you post you and that face for me to learn from.... ;) Practice makes perfect you know!

I am a person if extremely strong faith and it would be an awesome comfort to me if other people could see/feel that through my interaction with them!

I am a person if extremely strong faith and it would be an awesome comfort to me if other people could see/feel that through my interaction with them!

I am not putting your beliefs down..I just know that I am no better or different then anyone else that has gone through a surgery or an experience in life and survived.....No malice or disrespect intended hun. i just know I am not what they think I am. And it happens all the time..

These last 2 times were hands on. Usually they just say it not touch me and jump away....It was scary for me...I am not an example to anyone and would never put myself there. That's all I meant! Sorry!

Are they saying that something might happen to you soon And they're letting you know it's gonna be Ok?

Wow, that's crazy.

Are they saying that something might happen to you soon And they're letting you know it's gonna be Ok?

No they are saying that I am special and that god saved me for a reason and that I am going to make a difference in the world. They just don't know how!

These are people who dont know you or even have a clue as to what u have been thru??? Then God is sending those people to you for whatever reason.... If they know nothing about you or your medical history & are saying those things then they can feel a presence around you. It may not necessarily mean your more special then anyone else but can simply mean that your job, your purpose here is not done & these people can sense that from you. Dont let it freak u out but take comfort in it!!! & just so you know younare making a difference in the world as you reach out to so many here on this forum with your medical setbacks & also your victories!!! I am sure you have helped so many more people on here then you may ever know so next time just simply tell them thank you & be happy to know that your angels are watching over you!!! I hope this helps you to loom at it in a slightly different way!!!

That IS a bit different. I believe in God and I would say, and this is just my opinion, that if more than one person tells you this and they don't know each other, it's probably divinely inspired.

And as far as not being special, you are indeed special. We all are in our own way. If God has a plan for you, He will eventually make it known to you so it all makes sense.

Thank you for sharing this!

I'm not a believer, so I just say ... go with the flow.

As I have no doubt you know, everyone generates their own emotions -- but often in response to others' emotions, "vibes" and actions.

In any event, it sounds like these folks are all being complimentary. If they started showing up at your door and asking you to lay your hands on them, that'd be a whole other thread!

Sounds like you need to go to church Sunday lol