Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trader Joe's

Headed to Trader Joe's tomorrow and hoping you'll share with me what your favorite finds have been there. Thanks!

I go there every week for their dark roast Joes coffee Beans (whole beans). They're the best for the $ ($4.99 for 12 oz). We go thru about 3 cans a week. I also like their spicy guacamole, yogurt cheese (jalapeno flavor), almond butter and natural Peanut Butter. They have some yummy frozen stuffed mushrooms too

I also luv their dark chocolate anything (caramels, pretzels, espresso Beans, almonds).

One thing I dont like there is the "$2 buck Chuck" which has increased to $2.49. It's their cheap wine and even the sweet versions (like white zin) are puckering. Haven't found a flavor I like. Not sure about the rest of their wines, just their cheap versions. I also like their non fat honey yogurt (make sure u get the non fat otherwise ull be consuming 8oz and 290 calories for the full fat version. Live and learn. The nf one has 140 cals and is just as good). I don't usually buy nf items (or even low fat) but yogurt and milk are exceptions.

Have fun shopping...

I love love LOVE Trader Joes. They have some amazing Salmon Cakes in the frozen food section as well as their Hummus. I get the Roasted Garlic and the Traditional. Also their Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce is bomb (I know its sugar but I use it sparingly)..... I get my electrolyte waters there and I like the Pure Protein 35 mg Protein drinks (chocolate frosty) that come in a can. They also have these bags of Rice Crackers and Edamame (sp?) Crackers (in the chip section) that I love with the hummus and chicken or tuna salad. We buy their coffee concentrate to make Protein enhanced cold coffee drinks at home and their cheese selection is always fun.

Thanks so much for the tips! It's going to be a fun shopping trip!

I've heard a lot of good things about Trader Joe's, but there are none close by me!

I bought some wine there once and they said if I didn't' like it to bring it back so I did!!

I bought some wine there once and they said if I didn't' like it to bring it back so I did!!

Good to know! Thanks.

If you like cilantro their chile and cilantro chicken burgers are good.

All I can say is read, read labels so you don't get anything that's not going to work for the plan your on.

Also almonds from there is a good Protein source. Make sure they have no sugar listed on them with the salt because some stores not necessarily traders but some stores have them that way.

About the nuts it depends on what stage you're at in your plan if you can have them or not.

Traders is a fun place to go but be careful what you choose so you can stay on your plan your nutritionist and surgeon gave you.

Enjoy.

If you like cilantro their chile and cilantro chicken burgers are good. All I can say is read, read labels so you don't get anything that's not going to work for the plan your on. Also almonds from there is a good Protein source. Make sure they have no sugar listed on them with the salt because some stores not necessarily traders but some stores have them that way. About the nuts it depends on what stage you're at in your plan if you can have them or not. Traders is a fun place to go but be careful what you choose so you can stay on your plan your nutritionist and surgeon gave you. Enjoy.

Thanks, Chelly! I'm 9 months post op, so no problems there. I love cilantro and will definitely for the chile and cilantro burgers! Thank you so much for responding!

I like their organic salad greens and low fat salad dressings in the refrigerator section. I like their pre-cooked, sliced chicken breast in the cold case as well as their canned crab and frozen shrimp. They have a great selection of nuts and cheeses. They also have a good supplements section, I get flax oil, psyllium husk, etc there. You can get a lot of good stuff there, just keep all the chips and crackers out of the cart. :-)

I love the bruschetta tomatoes in a jar. I mix it with 7oz of Fage 2% plain yogurt. High Protein savory lunch!

Keep it coming, I'm headed there on Tuesday. This is so exciting!

My TJ Frozen Favs:

Mahi Mahi Burgers

Eggplant Parmesan Stack

Turkey Burgers

Superfoods With quinoa

Others:

Mini heirloom tomatoes mixed with their marinated mozzarella cheese

Kumato tomatoes- a must try

Fresh figs

Basil plant (only $2.99!!!)

I love basil/strawberry water!

Love their cheeses- havarti with dill, fresh mozzarella, Parmesan

TJ Plain Greek yogurt- more Protein than fage

And the samples- go hungry! Leave full! Lol

Enjoy!!!

P.S. Don't forget to bring your own grocery bags and ask for a chance to "spin the wheel"!

I forgot hummus- edamame is my fav flavor!

Check out their deli meats too. I love asparagus wrapped in prosciutto or string cheese wrapped in salami!

Also- try the kale salad mix

I adore their cranberry walnut Gorgonzola dressing as well!

For breakfast- check out the oatmeal with flaxseed in the freezer section!

I shop at TJ at least once a week! Lol.

Sounds like I'm going to have quite a list for TJ! I'll need to bring plenty of bags. Thanks so much to all. Your input is really appreciated!