Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else being sleeved on July 28th?? I got my approval this week, and I'm so excited!! Nervous, but excited! :)

Edited by nursejenny07

I'm the 24th.. I can't find anybody being sleeved that day.. but we're close enough right?? :)

I'm the 24th.. I can't find anybody being sleeved that day.. but we're close enough right?? :)

I'm being sleeved on 7/24 in P.A., can't wait to have it done. Feels like it,s never getting here!

Yay!! Somebody else being sleeved the same day.. lets keep in contact and share our experiences! I am the first surgery of the day and I just started having dreams about surgery now.. It's getting a little crazy. I just want to get this done and start losing :) I have my preop Tuesday and I'm almost just as excited about that as I am the actual surgery!! I think because it's the last step before the big day!!

Hi all!

I got my insurance approval today yeah!! My sleeve is now scheduled and it's for Tuesday 7/29!! I'm nervous and in disbelief!!! It just doesn't seem real. What type of pre-op liquid plan does everyone have and when does it start? Definitely looking for support!!

I'm having mine done on the 29th. I am so ready for this to happen. The suspense is killing me!

Hi again everyone!

So what is everyone eating and doing this 3rd/4th week before our surgery? Is anyone doing anything different?

I'm "trying" (the keyword in everything for me right now is "trying") to eat better, to get my life organized, to really, really get to the gym and not just be thinking about it. I am going to use this long weekend to try to get ready for the surgery - I'm just no longer so sure what exactly I should be doing to get ready.

I have certainly had too many favorite last meals and right now I am really sick of eating that's for sure!!!

Yay!! Somebody else being sleeved the same day.. lets keep in contact and share our experiences! I am the first surgery of the day and I just started having dreams about surgery now.. It's getting a little crazy. I just want to get this done and start losing :) I have my preop Tuesday and I'm almost just as excited about that as I am the actual surgery!! I think because it's the last step before the big day!!

My DR office won't tell me if I'm the 1st or last surgery for the day. Due to things going on at work, I scheduled this far enough out that I should be the 1st! I have to wait for the call the night before to tell me what time to be there. I'm impatient so not knowing is driving me nuts :). I finished my last pre-op requirement yesterday. It's feeling real now!!

Hi! I'm scheduled for July 28th also. One thing that has me a little nervous though(besides the obvious) is that my paperwork isn't being submitted to insurance until this Monday. I finished everything June 6th, but they keep telling me it will be plenty of time. Hope they're right!

I'm supposed to do two weeks of liquid diet beforehand, but I started doing it at four weeks out because I was having so many "last meals" it was making me ill. And I thought it would be a good way to start getting my head in the right place.

So far it seems to be working. I'm definitely making much better decisions about food, and I've lost six pounds, so that's a plus. I'm also grumpy as a wet bear, and my husband says I smell different (presumably from ketosis, it's not bad, he just says I smell a little bit metallic), so that's a negative.

I'm also tracking all my food and I've started walking daily. The first day I did 1/2 a mile, now I'm up to 1 1/4.

It's going to be a loooong three weeks! ;)

I am having surgery on July 29. I have begun drinking Protein shakes, exercising and "trying" to withdraw from sugar! I am trying to prepare myself for the rest of my life and be as string and healthy as I possibly can before the surgery. I bought GNC PowerHouse AMP Protein powder. I am not sure if it meets the exact qualifications?? I am so nervous. I cannot live like I am anymore. This is my first post, but reading all of yours has been comforting and insightful. I cannot, we can!!!!

Hey All brand new to this forum (just learned about it from VSG group on MFP) Surgery is scheduled for the 29th.. I'm trying to get all my Proteins started and just researching more about how to prepare.

Will definitely be following along with everybody!

I'm having a bypass on July 28. The surgery it's self does not make me nervous it's the changes after