Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't think I could skip ahead. My tummy is healing and needs the time that I give it to become normal again. I am in puréed stage. Even that has been a struggle at times. I have to be very careful. No more the. 2 oz. What is the rush. You have a lifetime ahead of you. Do this right and your journey will be uneventful, which is what you want.

I skipped ahead. I was a couple short on the liquid, did a day or two on purée, then a few soft. I was very hungry and tolerating everything so I moved to regular pretty quickly. No ill effects that I am aware of.

Nope, followed doctor's orders to a T. It's only for a few week. What's the big deal?

I'm two days off moving to puréed but have had thicker Soups so I feel I could have some mashed Veges etc. Thanks for your replies everyone

Nope, followed doctor's orders to a T. It's only for a few week. What's the big deal?

I haven't skipped ahead, but I have been tempted. Not all doctor's orders are the same. I'm still in the full liquid stage, which I will have to stay in for two weeks. prior to that I was in the Clear liquids stage for two weeks, and prior to that I was on two weeks pre-op liquid diet. Put that all together and it will have been a month and a half that I will not have put anything in my mouth other than broth, protien shakes or thinned out Soup. That sucks and would frustrate a lot of people. Having said that, it's part of the price you have to be willing to pay when you sign up to get sleeved.

Edited by Asdf12345

I skipped ahead a bit. I have been able to eat just about anything just after surgery. Is it a good idea, no.

When I was really struggling I called my surgeon and he worked with me on progressing through the stages. I would not do it without professional guidance.

I skipped ahead to soft foods by about a week...But only with my surgeons PA's approval after my three week consultation!

Still to the plan unless you have instructions otherwise from the Dr!

By a few days on each stage, but not more than that. You need to give yourself time to heal, and everyone is different in their recovery. You should work with your team to verify what's safe for you.

I pretty much stuck to my surgeon's instructions. When I was on pureed foods I did try some tuna & chicken chunks. I made sure I chewed them up really well & didn't have any problems. When you look at what people are saying about what they can & can't eat & at what stage I find it perplexing the differences in everyone's diets. I did buy the "Big Book of Gastric Sleeve Surgery" & it was a little different than my surgeon's stages. You can download chapters of this book from this website & you might find this helpful. I did.

I haven't skipped ahead, but I have been tempted. Not all doctor's orders are the same. I'm still in the full liquid stage, which I will have to stay in for two weeks. prior to that I was in the Clear liquids stage for two weeks, and prior to that I was on two weeks pre-op liquid diet. Put that all together and it will have been a month and a half that I will not have put anything in my mouth other than broth, protien shakes or thinned out Soup. That sucks and would frustrate a lot of people. Having said that, it's part of the price you have to be willing to pay when you sign up to get sleeved.

I guess it was more than a couple weeks. Between preop and postop I had 56 days of diet restriction....33 of which were liquids. But at 6 months out that all seems so far away and insignificant (and a VERY small price to pay) when looking at the big picture.Good luck to you!

Yes. I was tolerating everything just fine and moved to pureed a little early. My doctor then cleared me for soft foods 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. All good so far.