Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally am feeling sorry for myself

I'm frustrated and I admit it. I've just been feeling down lately and I think it's because my weight loss has slowed waaayyy down.

I realize I could have less calories or work out more but I feel like my weight loss should speed up already! I also want to be able to eat whatever I want. Sometimes I just want to eat the cake, ya know. Lately, I feel like I'm battling to make the "right" choice all the time. Some days I want to eat two Quest bars.... sometimes, I just want to have to not worry about every frickin thing that goes in my mouth.

Lol I feel your pain although im only 13 days in. I cant help but wonder. If I just shouldve lowered my cal count to 800 on my own without getting sleeved. Drinking has been my main issue. I hate sippin. I like to drink lota of Water. I used to drink close to 2 gallons a day.

Also I have a question to the experience sleevers. About how much food or liquid fits in your stomach a year in?

I am not there yet. I'm only 31/2 weeks out but it always gets harder the closer u r to your goal. We have a tool and it's up to us to use it! Try to be encouraged because you have already come so far and the sacrifice will be worth it!!! Good luck my friend!

I could barely sip a teaspoon the first 3 weeks. I hated that aspect. to prevent dehydration I found I was able to drink flavored things like diluted snapple diet tea, diluted Gatorade etc. later I read it's because Water such a high surface tension so mixing it with something or drinking room temp or warm lowers the tension and it won't stack up in the sleeve. I burped constantly the first month.

now 16 months out I can gulp Water or just about any drink. it gradually gets better as swelling goes down and by 3-4 months drinking fills you but won't hurt like the first weeks.

so hang it there. it gets better and is so worth it. l can hardly remember the rough times.

Yep - I'm a November sleever, too...feel the same way. I chalked it up to fatigue. Some days I don't want to be a weight loss surgery patient any more. I don't want to have to eat Protein all day long. The other days I wanted a drink of Coke!

Look at how far you've come in the past 7 months! It's amazing.

I hear you, my sista! We're going to get thru this, though. I want to lose faster. I have about 25-30 pounds more and I'm losing so slow that I think I'll be an old lady when I finally lose it all! LOL.

Tomorrow is another day, however. We'll get up in the morning and go to battle again. Hang in there - we'll get thru this!

I think you should have/eat what you want in moderation. If you want cake, have a bite or 2, but don't go hog wild because that defeats the purpose of the surgery. Maybe have a cakepop (75 cents at Starbucks) instead of a slice. Quality of life matters. We all might have financial goals but that doesn't mean we want to work only to pay bills & have no fun whatsoever for any reason. There is one diet guru that advocates having a "cheat" day. I would call it a "treat" day. You won't blow up if you treat yourself once or twice a month. Conversely, you'll also have to be content to lose weight more slowly. Eating cake does not help the cause of weight loss. If you are suffering you need to change something. You need to feel like you are having a full, abundant life & not a miserable, deprived existence. Good luck to you. Keep looking for the balance and you will find it.