Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I loved having my oatmeal every day! It lowers cholesterol and is a great source of Fiber. But my Dr made a big deal out of low carb after surgery so I don't know if it is something I will do every day. So I guess it is a trade off.

Not every day. Too many carbs. You shouldn't eat anything every day....change it up so you don't get bored with the food. Otherwise, you may find yourself thinking about eating things you know are not the best choices.

I have oatmeal occasionally, but it's hard to get in all the Protein we need when we only consume carbs. Also, what you put in your oatmeal is important? No sugar or very light on the sugar or maybe your fav sweetener? Applesauce.

tmf

I'm on mushies...so I have oatmeal mixed with Protein powder....I get my protein and stay satiated. It's actually quite good and filling.

@@destinyford Oatmeal is not bad for you. Is it healthy to eat everyday..sure it can't hurt you. Is it the best choice to eat every day...probably not for a WLS patient.

The reason I say that is because it does not have any Protein in it. Even though it can be high in carbs, they are complex carbs that are not easily digested as are refined carbs such as in white flour. So technically they can keep you feeling fuller for longer.

As someone above mentioned if you mix in some Protein Powder it can be a win win. Look for oats that don't have a high content of sugar, such as steel cut oats and mix in that Protein, make it thin enough so you are not stuck on a gob of it and enjoy!

I buy the GV sugar fee oatmeal, maple and brown sugar. I mix a scoop of Protein. Ummm ummm ummm! The best of both worlds!

My nutritionist said that it is ok everyday so long as it's not the instant stuff.

You have to buy the steel cut and actually cook it.

The other stuff has been processed to death and not good for you.

I add skim milk which of course is a Protein and a little bit of brown sugar. I love it.

Keeps me full and is good nutritionally.

Good luck on your journey.

I love my oatmeal... I use the original oats that must be cooked. None of the instant stuff. But I add goodies to it that make it even better. I add a teaspoonful of Peanut Butter. This adds Protein and increases the yummy factor. I add no sugar added applesauce and nutmeg. OMG! But my favorite it a spoonful of pumpkin and nutmeg with a touch of brown sugar. It is soooo good and I always feel like I am satisfied with a good start to my day. I am always tight in the morning and lucky to be able to have coffee. Adding these items to my oatmeal makes them easier to eat but still filling. Filling without feeling stuck. Plus there are the added benefits of the Peanut Butter, pumpkin, or apples. If you find it too thick, add some almond milk. This adds another good level of flavor. Good luck!

Edited by enchilada72