Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can you eat at Fast food restuarants?

Sometimes I would like to go out with friends who are getting a quick bite for lunch. I don't always want to be the one who avoids going. What are some good(better) options at some of the major fast food chains? I know Chick-Fil A has Grilled chicken nuggets which aren't too bad or too bad for you. I would love some ideas!

Grilled chicken on anything. I mostly eat at McDonalds and Taco Bell, so I'll comment on thosel

At McDonalds, I often get a grilled chicken sandwich and just ate the chicken early out. I also like salads with grilled chicken. Eat the chicken first and then eat whatever veggies you have room for, if any.

At Taco Bell, I order the cheapest chicken tacos, eat the filling and leave the tortilla.

If you want to be less obvious about leaving the bun or tortilla, leave the paper wrapping and push the filling up. Just wad the wrapper with whatever you don't want to eat.

Lynda

I am newly sleeved only 16 days postop, but over the weekend I took the kids to chik Fil A, and my daughter got the grilled chicken nuggets, I had a small nibble of one, it was good. I know that I will run into this problem a lot, because of a busy schedule, I know from time to time I will end up at a place like chic Fil a. I'm following this post too. I've read on here some people will order plain burger from mcdonalds , and eat just the burger. Or Taco Bell, a taco without the shell.

I have become an "insides" eater...I eat the inside of a Subway turkey sandwich or the inside of a taco. When I eat pizza now, I just take off the topping and leave the crust. I might eat a couple of bites of the bread, taco shell or crust, but that's it.

Lots of places have grilled options - like McDonalds. You can buy a wrap and just eat the insides w/ grilled chicken. Wendy's chili rules. I love it. Or you can have a hamburger without the bun.

chicken fil a has a really good fruit salad you can eat as a snack too... at mcdonalds i get a side salad for a dollar and add grilled chicken for a dollar.. i eat the chicken a small amount of salad... wendy the chili is a choice too..

We've been having to travel a bit since I had surgery. Wendy's chili is a good choice. I've also had Subway's tuna salad- they looked at me a little odd when I asked them to hold the bread, but I explained about the surgery and they cheerfully put it in a salad bowl for me.

Besides subway, there are no fast food restaurants in the whole county where I live. But I was on a road trip two weeks ago and I stopped at Arby's. Like McButterpants, I just ate the inside of a roast beef with cheese. And I could only fit 1/2 of that in my sleeve. I eat the toppings off pizza quite a bit when I'm out with friends. I was stuck out of town with no Protein Shake and starving when I was about 6 weeks postop and I sucked out the insides of a Taco Bell bean burrito. I wouldn't hesitate to eat the insides of a mushroom and Swiss burger from Hardee's or Carl's Jr. if I could ever find one! Mmmmm.

i've done a lot of searching on fast food so i will be able to plan on what to eat when my fam eats out.

taco bell- pintos and cheese, or chicken taco insides with a couple of plain nacho chips

wendys- junior burger without bun to start, add half bun later down the road; chili

mcdonalds- the insides of a grilled snack wrap to start, maybe add a little bit of tortilla later

pizza places- toppings to start, then later on try a VERY thin crust piece; 'naked' wings- just the chicken!

just a few ideas. good luck!

I had some grilled chicken from inside a wrap at Wendys. Grilled chicken is great where it is real chicken breast and not a nugget kind of chicken conglomeration.

Chick fila grilled chicken nuggets are a life saver for me!

Edited by mrslb5

El Pollo Loco chicken tortilla Soup no tortillas I think it's 180 cal for the small or the small chili at Wendy's. I lived off those my first year.