Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many r now obsessed with clothes, makeup, beauty products....

Like I am? Today I spent 90 minutes cruising Ulta, trying to find a good anti again regimen. Now that I've lost 100 lbs, I feel like I'm looking old (turned 47 yesterday). I usually just use an SPF 15 facial moristurizer and makeup and call it a day. Now, I'm trying to find every potion to turn bcak the years.

Not to mention my luv for new clothes. I HATED shopping when I wore a 22. Now that I wear an 8, it's so much fun. I have no place to even store new clothes (not to mention a tight budget). While I still think I look fat, everyone tells me how great I look.

And, to top it off, I'm trying to decide whether or not to even look into plastic surgery. My insurance will never cover it (don't have that much saggy skin to warrant a medical condition), so it will cost a small fortune. We just bought a motorhome last month so all of our extra money now has a black hole to put it into.

Anyone else obsessed with beauty now? I used to wear makeup about once a week (church) and now it's almost daily. While I use Bare Minerals foundation, I just use drugstore makeup, but I've been contemplating indulging a bit. Not sure it's really worth it. Same with anti again serums. R the expensive things worth it or would it be the same thing to pay less than $25 at Target? What anti aging items do u suggest?

I don't use any anti-aging serums. I got a boonie hat from costco for $15 which has a very wide brim. Every time I go outside I wear it to prevent sun damage. If you can't or don't want to wear a hat, I suggest you use a good sunblock lotion with an SPF of at least 30 and polarized sunglasses .

I'm loving clothes and make-up too - I'm in UK, but got a good serum for about $18. I think its fine to pay out what you can afford, but like you I don't know if its worth it or not. Who really does though?? :)

Halfway through my journey. I am not obsessing about beauty supplies yet, but I have stepped up my game a bit. I am using drug-store make-up, and I actually bought some summer dresses last week. I have not worn a dress in almost 20 years. As for kicking and screaming against old age, I do use a moisturizer on my face, and I exfoliate with every other shower, after which I soothe my skin with sweet almond oil.

Other than that, I hide in the shade, use sunscreen, and am Verrrrrry protective about my sleep time.

I was lucky. My daughter got a job in cosmetics at a major department store about a month after my surgery. Employee discount & free samples. And splurged on a coach purse.

I don't know that I'm more obsessive...although I've started using moisturizer daily after my shower and paying more attention to my skin condition. I'm not very far out though, so I haven't lost most of my chubby cheeks yet.

I used to love wearing makeup when I was in high school and college...I stopped when it got to the point I hated looking in the mirror long enough to apply it. I look forward to wanting to use a little again.

(I have a wide-brimmed hat to wear outside as well, and polarized sunglasses to boot. I need to grab some suntan lotion. I always forget,)

Ohhhh noooo, it's going to get worse? :):P LOL! I've always been obsessed with makeup, perfumes, etc. I always find a reason to buy new makeup!!! Post op will be another reason for new make up purchases!

Clothing ....my closet is bursting with clothes in different sizes from 16 reg -20w, so I won't have to shop for a while. I also have rediscovered my love of sewing and plan on making myself some new items to get me through before I fully resume shopping. One of the reasons I stopped sewing is no matter how hard I worked on the garment, the with best fabric, threads, and techniques, I hated the way my finished clothes looked on me.

Edited by optimumhealthgurl

I've always been OBSESSED with Products and Clothes!

I worry about my obsession with clothes more then anything especially once I'm Post-op, It's on!

I've always been OBSESSED with Products and Clothes! I worry about my obsession with clothes more then anything especially once I'm Post-op, It's on!

@@HalloweenBaby24

Me2 I have always been obsessed with shopping for clothes, shoes, makeup, costume jewelry and purses....im such a huge fan of Mac makeup and Michael Kors and I own so many of their purses and shoes, I cant wait to fit into their clothes!! I have always felt like i was the Beautiful but Fat girl or as people would say ( youre pretty to be fat) :( hurtful

I'm down 70 pounds and about 25-30 to where I want to be. I can just now shop comfortably in the Misses section. The first time I was able to actually pull on a Size 14 pair of shorts, I bought them - they were $50 and I didn't care. I think I'll probably keep those shorts for the rest of my life - I actually teared up in the dressing room when I got them. They were a little tight then and they are a little loose now. I'm not saying I'm a close whore, but I don't mind shopping in the mall, an activity I used to dread!

As for beauty products, I'm experimenting now. Prior to surgery, I really didn't care. I might go weeks without wearing makeup. I also never, ever moisturized. I never liked the idea of slathering lotion on my body - now, it's a daily ritual. I also find I shave my legs more - probably because it's easier!

So, all in all, I'd say I'm more vain...and I'm happy about that!

Look forward to reading more responses! Thanks for starting a great topic!

I'm 44. I love the sun! But, I'll tell you guys what's the best facial exfoliant I've ever used is milk and sugar. It exfoliates so good and leaves my skin super soft. Then I put on oil of Olay daily renewal cream. :-) I've lost 42 pounds at 5 weeks out and I wear earrings every day now. I haven't worn earrings in years!

I am spending a few too many dollars in gorgeous dresses... But I never was a makeup girl and don't see it on the horizon. I fuss a little more with my hair - mostly just washing it every day vs every 2-3 days.... Because now I'm swimming and working out A LOT and I am getting icky hair from sweat and salt and chlorine. But don't even ask how much money I've spent on new clothes!! And I used to loathe shopping but it's getting less upsetting / obnoxious now. :)

I've heard that anything with Retinol is good, but I think that it makes your skin more susceptible to getting burnt in the sun so a SPF on your face is a good idea. I love Ulta, I could spend a couple hours there and only come out with one thing lol, I want so much :-)

I'm not but my wife is obsessed with shopping for me. She has spent 1000s buying a complete new wardrobe for me. I've asked her to stop shopping, as I am still slowly losing.