Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

want to loose more more more lol

I have been banded a year and a half and half and have lost about 50 pounds. I would like to lose about 15 more pounds to reach my goal. It took me awhile to feel restriction and I finally do now. The last 3 months I have been at a standstill. For Breakfast I have a Protein Shake and coffee with Splenda for lunch tuna with light mayo send salary for a little crunch on my drive home I have some peanuts and for dinner I just had a Protein with a vegetable at this point in my journey I do not exercise even though I know I should and I do not drink any Water. I really struggle with this I carry my water bottle around with me all day but just have trouble drinking. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.... I was banded in Dec 2012, and lost over 60 pounds, but I've been stuck at my current weight for eons. I'd love to lose another 15 or 20 pounds, but I really need to lose another 60.

I wish I had easy answers for you, since it would help me as well. I do 60 minutes at a gym at least five days a week, and my weight is not budging.

But, you should be able to drink water! That is strange... I can drink bottled flavored Water (Propel) all day without any problems.

I was stalled for at least 6 months. I found this video and it intrigued me. I've adapted the concept to my own situation and I've lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I'm sure 4 or so lbs is just Water loss but it overall it seems to be working.

I've posted the video below. It's a video from Dr. Mercola who I think is one of those organic, holistic Zealots and some of that is fine but most is just over the moon. But this one seemed to make sense to me.

What I did, was I changed the fasting days to 3, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I upped it for me to 600 on fasting days. This is not a true fast. For me, it's one shake in the morning and one in the afternoon. I've also skipped the afternoon shake twice now and subbed the shake with deli turkey. Then I eat a 300+ meal for dinner. The other days I eat like a Bandster.

FYI-Fathers day fell on one weekend so I splurged at least one day. I also had to take a week off last week, from exercising due to a minor accident that is all better now. I believe my results could be even better if not for Father's Day and the week off of exercising.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/08/alternate-day-fasting.aspx

http://youtu.be/gAcY8p-yBxA Full interview

Edited by 2muchfun

The difference in my weight loss before deciding to exercise and after deciding to exercise ( a year ago) made a huge difference. I know there are MANY people on here that have never exercised and have lost a substantial amount of weight. But, for me, the exercise is what helps give me a monthly weight loss. I follow up with monthly doctor's visits. I weigh just once a month. The scale used to, and still, dictates how my days go, so I avoid it except at the monthly doctor's visits. I kept getting monthly fills until I had good restriction. I eat lots of Protein, and have cut out all sugar, white flour, bread, white potatoes, white rice, and white Pasta. I log into MyFitnessPal every single day. I eat about 1200 - 1500 calories a day, but burn about 700 calories a day through exercise. I do have a few days with a higher calorie intake...... Just to mix things up. I'm not saying that these are the answers for YOU....... Just sharing what I do.

How many calories per day are you consuming? I'd suggest figuring out what your BMR is (how many calories you burn per day just living). If you aren't eating less calories than your BMR without exercise you aren't going to do much other than maintain. I lost 103lbs without excessive exercise. I walked alot and did these circuit training videos (15 minutues) http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Training-Jackie-Power-Circuit/dp/B002L6HDAQ

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn in your ever day. Also, if you aren't drinking Water your body is retaining Fluid because you aren't giving it any. If you start to drink Water it will release the water it's holding on to and you should lose some weight! GL!

Thank you im going to try these great suggestions and really appreciate the feed back... Sorry for the late reply I could not find my messages ahhh lol

Hi

I would try and eat a regular Protein for breakfast (eggs, greek yogurt) or steel cut oats and fruit and yogurt. This will help you feel full longer in the morning and also help with your metabolism.

I only used Protein shakes for the first week following my surgery.

Keep us posted.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs