Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got out of the shower today and noticed a new grouping of stretch marks on my skin, mainly the little roll that's been forming under my breast for the past few years..This makes me feel a little upset as I know it's from me eating poorly and not taking care of myself the past months or so, and since last month I've been eating out of control from the overwhelming fear that I'll never be able to eat these foods again (I know I will just not quite as much or for quite a while). I have yet to get approved for surgery yet so I really need to slow my roll, otherwise I'll end up gaining 30lbs before this process is done and over with and I really don't want to do that. It's time to buckle down and take control of myself and my eating until September (when I'm supposed to have my surgery) it's not that far away, I just need to suck it up and do it.

You will be able to anything you want post op eventually. I highly suggest you not do that to yourself, you're only adding extra pounds to lose after that you don't have to. Good luck to you, none of this is easy. Love yourself enough to NOT binge until surgery day.

Take it from another Jersey Girl ... I had a period like that pre-op, and if I could borrow a time machine and go back and slap myself silly, I would do it.

I was under so much stress that I gained back all the weight I lost during the six months of dieting. About a month before surgery I got a grip on myself again, but the damage was done.

I was sleeved on Monday, You have no idea how much I regret blowing the jump start I had on the 1st year weight loss. I can't go back and fix it, I can only go forward. I had three days to reflect on that in the hospital after I was sleeved (I had some issues), and the one thing that kept running through my mind was "Why did I do that to myself?". Don't do it to yourself.

There isn't going to be a food Rapture where all the really delicious foods disappear and leave only the terrible tasting ones behind. You will see those foods again, but in very tiny amounts and when they fit into your new lifestyle.

I put on 10 lbs before surgery-and then had to loose 18 lbs before they would perform the surgery

My Dr counted the weight I had on the day I first saw him, the weight I had to loose was initially 8 lbs but because it takes a while to do all the testing and getting approval I gained 10 more lbs.

In April I had to start dieting I had 5 weeks to loose the weight by my pre op check in-or surgery would be cancelled.

I did manage to loose it thank goodness

Thanks for the support and a good kick in the ass everyone lol.

Thankfully my husband is on board with doing Atkins for the remainder of my time before surgery, We successfully did Atkins together for 8 months before we fell off the wagon.