Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 4: May 27-31st Sleevers

@@hrhlaurie, I'm having the same problem. When I weighed on Monday I was down 16lb from surgery, and only four of those sixteen were from the past two weeks. I'm also doing really well on Protein and fluids, so I don't know what gives, but as long as we stick to the plan, there's no way it won't come off, even if it's slow.

I had been hoping to be able to get a super short haircut (like an undercut or something - think David Lynch (or Miley Cyrus, ugh)) when the hair loss starts, but now I'm not sure if I will have lost enough. We'll see.

Woooooo dsmcasey, you are a while small chili from Wendy's?? Takes 2-3 meals for me to finish off one

Yes. It took me like 25 mins and I had only had a yogurt for Breakfast that day, but yes I did. My wife and I had surgery on same day and I have always been able to eat more. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that my stomach is much longer than hers. I am 6'5" tall so he said my banana is just flat out longer than most people's. It worried me at first but he said that because of my height and the fact that I am male, being able to eat an ounce or two more than my wife at a sitting is no big deal.

Woooooo dsmcasey, you are a while small chili from Wendy's?? Takes 2-3 meals for me to finish off one

I get a meal and it lasts me for a couple of days too. I tried measuring out 5 Oz of some leftover pulled pork but could only eat 3 oz. I know my sleeve capacity now and will just measure 3 oz for my meals.

Going to a training conference today that includes lunch so I brought my little measuring cup with me to keep my portion reasonable. Don't want to get sick while out!

Ok so I have an awesome Nsv !! I'm on a plane now and I fit in an economy seat before I fit but like squishy fit .. Now I fit snugly it's sooo cool!!

Ok so I have an awesome Nsv !! I'm on a plane now and I fit in an economy seat before I fit but like squishy fit .. Now I fit snugly it's sooo cool!!

That's so awesome!

I had a key learning today. I tried a small bite of cantelope and, yes, it's soft food but, no, I shouldn't have taken even a little bite because my stomach gurgled, then I got serious cramps, and had to visit the ladies for a bit. No more fruit for a while for me!

I rewarded myself for fitting in the seat ... By eating m and ms and now I hate myself for it!!! I've really pushed the food today I need to slow down on eating so I know when to stop

Hi everyone, here is my weight: I was 129.1kg and now 115.1kg. Down 14kgs so far. Really happy about that. I've had a really bad 24 hours and have found it hard to keep anything down. My diet consist of two meals of mashed veg and meat, custard and puree fruit, also wheet bixs for breakfast. Now on 1 Multivitamin a day. Also finding coffee awful! Anyone else having problems?

My dr informed me that there would be things prior to surgery that we liked that we might not like or it might not taste the same after surgery, as well as things we don't like that we find we do like after surgery. So far, soda has been the only thing that I have not liked. After I was told I could have soda, as long as it was non-caloric, I bought a Coke Zero. I took a sip, after not having soda for two weeks, and it was awful! I've pretty much given up on the idea of soda and have been off sodas for 5 weeks today. I've determined I'll not pick them back up. They aren't healthy anyway. Again, so far, that's been the only thing I have not liked after surgery that I previously craved.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonnaM75"><p>Hi everyone, here is my weight: I was 129.1kg and now 115.1kg. Down 14kgs so far. Really happy about that. I've had a really bad 24 hours and have found it hard to keep anything down. My diet consist of two meals of mashed veg and meat, custard and puree fruit, also wheet bixs for breakfast. Now on 1 multivitamin a day. Also finding coffee awful! Anyone else having problems?

My dr informed me that there would be things prior to surgery that we liked that we might not like or it might not taste the same after surgery, as well as things we don't like that we find we do like after surgery. So far, soda has been the only thing that I have not liked. After I was told I could have soda, as long as it was non-caloric, I bought a Coke Zero. I took a sip, after not having soda for two weeks, and it was awful! I've pretty much given up on the idea of soda and have been off sodas for 5 weeks today. I've determined I'll not pick them back up. They aren't healthy anyway. Again, so far, that's been the only thing I have not liked after surgery that I previously craved.

I thought soda was out of the question for the carbonation and the possibility of stretching ur new tummy out ?

My doctor said at least a year to year and a half before you try any soda and even then to make sure that you drink it very very slowly so that it doesn't stretch out your stomach and make you feel ill.

I have never liked wine. I wonder if my new taste buds will mean I'll like it better! I've always preferred sweet things because they didn't seem that sweet to me so maybe bitter wine won't seem quite so bitter. Lol

Today is my 1 month surgery date and my weight lost is 17 pounds so far. Maybe a pound will fall off over night.

Getting ready to do some exercises with hand weights and an exercise band. Might as well start toning.

I can't believe I got sick from one tiny bite of cantaloupe today. Lesson learned.

Want to try watermelon... Thinking I will do fine and it will help with Fluid intake. Will be off to farmers market to buy me one Saturday and get in my 10,000 steps in.

I've been having a low energy week at work, my metrics are way behind for June. I'm trying coffee for the first time. Hopefully I'm not opening a can of worms.

I was also told we could try red wine after 4 weeks, has anybody?

Lyla can u add Donna in? Donna we just need ur Facebook info- u become friends with one of us and we can add you to the private group!

My facebook name is Donna Mirtschin. I'm from Dunkeld, Victoria, Australia

(Is that enough info or do you need more?)

I would love to join a "private facebook" my name is Patricia Homan DeCambra. Please friend me...thanks!

Can someone add me to the fb page too?

Jennifer Fitzpatrick, ca

Keepitpink@hotmail.com

Thanks!