Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op diet - about to cave!

Hi all - I am on day 7 of my pre op diet and for some reason today is the hardest day! I am almost ready to cave and chew something. My surgery is next Tuesday and truly I have not cheated one bit, I am down almost 10 lbs which is great but boy I miss food today. I was shocked how good I was doing but today was like being hit by a Mack truck - I am fantasizing about all my favorites. Anyone else out there hit a bad stride?

yep, I had some slip ups...but never anything too bad. I did have like string cheese or lunch meat when I felt I needed food, but it's hard to get back on track after the slip up. You got this, you are doing Great! Keep up the good work

Girl you are not alone! For me my pre op diet was one of the hardest parts. I did a week where I was only allowed 4 shakes a day. It was not easy! I will tell you... day 2 of that fell on valentines day, and of course there was a party at work... and to be honest, I did cheat and had a cookie. I felt guilty after, so I can't say it was worth it, but on the day of surgery my doctor still said that my liver and other organs looked great, and I lost 15 lbs which helped. :) I don't know the specifics of your diet, but my NUT said that if I NEEDED to chew something, I could have some plain chicken breast. I didn't actually need that, but it was good to know just in case, lol. For me, what helped was trying to space out my shakes evenly so I stayed full, and of course staying well hydrated. Staying busy also helps too. Good luck, you can do this!

Thanks! I can have 4-5 shakes a day, broth, or SF Popsicles/jello. I can mix my shakes with skim milk and blend fruit or Peanut Butter with it so that helps! I have 6 more days of this and then 1 day of Clear Liquids only and then it's surgery day!! I'm drinking my Water and all too. Thanks for the support!