Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about 2 weeks post op and having problems with getting in all my Protein. Does anyone have any suggestions the shakes make me want to puke and it takes me all day to drink one.

My doctor told me about a Protein drink "bullet" I havent had time to go to GNC yet but I found a small shot of Protein called "protein to go" at the drug store yesterday. It has 28g of protein. It doesn't taste that good, but it's bearable and just a "shot". I hope that helps. I'll let you know if I find anything else - please do the same :)

I have been using Syntrax Nectar Protein. I have used it since 3 weeks post op. I could not drink the regular Protein Shakes after surgery due to becoming Lactose intolerant. I would get very sick after trying to drink on and it would take all to get just one down. Syntrax has many different flavors and is much thinner than the regular protein shakes. I love the Roadside Lemonade, fussy navel, Cappuccino, and the tea. Here is the web site I order them from and you get 20.00 off your first order.https://www.bariatricchoice.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/113961/

@ Britt1511 you can look on sites like Bariatric Foodie and the world according to eggface to get great Protein shakes ideas. i have made some of them and they are delicious. You should also check out Syntrax nectar Protein a fruit base Protein Drink, which you can play with using MIO or crystal light. I know it is hard I am coming to the end of my liquid stage and I can only manage 2 a day. good luck

I love the nectar Protein. :) The vanilla is amazing! other fav's are the fuzzy navel, strawberry cream, and the caribbean cooler I mix with V8 Light Mango/Tropical and some ice - it's really yummy. Although I cant get an entire down since my surgery.

I am having in few weeks, if cannot get shake down what are you eating or should I say drinking then? What if any other issues r things are you experiecning first 9 days?

I'm about 2 weeks post op and having problems with getting in all my Protein. Does anyone have any suggestions the shakes make me want to puke and it takes me all day to drink one.

I heard a lot of good reviews on the Syntrax Roadside Lemonade and I love lemonade so I went ahead and bought a big canister of it. I quickly discovered that I don't like it and now have a big tub of the stuff that I'll probably take to my support group to see if any of them like it. Just be careful that you like it before you stock up on anything...lol. Learned my lesson.

Ill have to check into some of those. Im just worried of getting really sick because I'm not getting my Protein

Hi Britt,

Let me tell you,as I told my support group that We are big chrystal light drinkers in my home, and I always drank the lemonade, fruit punch and grape, However, since having my GP last September I cannot tolorate any sugar free drinks they are either too tart or too sweet even though they are sugar free...I just can't drink them blah :lol: Getting in enough Protein is a stickler for me too, because my taste buds just keep on changing. So I found at costco a 5 pound tub of Cookies and cream Protein pwdr its EXCELLENT!! It kills two birds with one stone, I get in between 54 and 72 oz of my daily liquids plus all my Proteins as well. One scoop has 25 grams of 5 different Proteins. You really have to watch the calories per scoop and the total carbs to not go over in calories. I hope that helps :)

Yes, I use Unjury. It has been a lifesaver for me.

I had a problem drinking my Protein Shakes so I froze them in ice pop molds & i tolerate much better & so much easier to eat then drink. I've been using Lean Meal from GNC. I'm 6 weeks out.

Protein drink and yogurt I would recommend

I'm 7 months post-op and still eat same yogurt and Protein Drink, just need to change it up with different flavoring daily, I buy them at costco

After surgery tastes buds changed for me, all the powder shakes I had bought tasted horrible.

I have say Premier Protein ready to drink are by far the best Protein drinks out there and highly recommend, you get 18 for about $28.00. They sell on Amazon but its a 12pk for more cost

Sam's or costco are cheaper.

All 3 flavors are great,vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. I buy all 3 and alternate daily.. Always my Breakfast meal for sure. 11oz, 160 calorie, 1g sugar, 30g Protein.

Fage yogurt has Sugar 9g, Protein 23g, 0 fat, 0 carbs only 130 calories 1 cup. It's Greek yogurt, tastes a bit sour like sour cream, took me a bit to get used to it but I add Splenda to sweeten it up or pineapple w/juice, peaches, strawberry etc...

Hope this helps. Good luck! : )