Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top 10 things you want to be able to do after the surgery

i just wanna be able to do stuff that others are able to do without any effort

1. I wanna be able to stand up for longer than 3 minutes without any pain

2. I wanna be able to go inside a store and do my own shopping

3. be able to walk around the mall without being pushed on a wheelchair

4. be able to stand up nd clean my own house

5. be able to stand up or jump up n down in church and praise God

6. i wanna be able to walk around and not have people constantly staring at me

7. i wanna be able to fit on a flight/bus seat

8. be seen in public with my boyfriend and not have paeople think he is my son/nephew

9. be able to fit on all the rides at theme park

10. lastly i wanna go to my fav musician's concert and stand at the golden cirlce for the entire show

i guess i just wanna live more, be more adventureous...

1. See my collar bones again! I know those bad boys are under there...somewhere...

2. Cross my legs, I used to be able to cross them TWICE! (Crossed normally, then could wrap my lower leg around the other one.)

3. Go to Cedar Point and ride all the rides without fear that I won't fit.

4. Model for some boudoir/pinup photos. :)

5. Be able to do fun athletic events like the color run, glow run, mudathon, etc., without feeling like everyone is looking at the big girl. And how awesome must it feel I finish a triathlon?!? :)

6. Be able to run errands without some cowardly jerk yelling soul-crushing comments out their car window. "Whoa! That's one big b*tch," while pumping gas and "Jesus, you gonna eat everything in the store fat a**," while going into CVS.

7. Have a glamorous girls night out all dolled up in cute dresses! And an ugly dress party...look it up, it looks like a blast!

8. To not to be the girl with the pretty face or pretty eyes, or great personality. I want all of me to be beautiful!

9. To be healthy and not have to wonder if every ache and pain is something more serious. Ugh...I've probably thought I was having a heart attack four times...

10. Go to a beach and feel confident and fabulous!!!

My post op list:

1. Be able to shop in a regular store or order from a non plus sized catalog.

2. Feel comfortable in my own body and not like I am a big fat person.

3. Get back into horse back riding ( haven't done this in 20 + years)

4. Work out in a gym and not feel like everyone is staring at me.

5. Have my life revolve around me, instead of food all the time.

6. Be healthier, get rid of the CPAP machine, get off of the stomach meds I have been on for over 20 years.

7. Be accepted by society and not ostracized because I am plus size.

8. Take more pictures of me.

9. Go back to school

10. Make new friends.

We all have so much to look forward to in our "new" life! I can relate to just about every goal listed here. We are all beautiful inside and it's time to let it shine, with our smiles, laughs, new feelings of self confidence, and just feeling alive and energetic! We will each get there and sharing our thoughts and feelings with each other is part of that process. I am so happy we are able to do this. I look forward to watching each of you reach your milestones! What an awesome journey!! <3

I love this list ..... ok, here are my ten:

1. Going to a restaurant and not having anxiety over fitting into the booth/chair

2. Walking into a room and not fearing I am the biggest one there

3. Crossing my legs when I sit

4. Being able to by clothes from anywhere ... and not from the big girl section at plus sized stores

5. Being able to buy PRETTY clothes and not just what fits/hides the fat from the clearance rack

6. Taking the stairs instead of elevators

7. Having ENERGY.

8. Buying pretty panties and bra sets, not forced to wear grandma undies and Just My Size bras

9. Not feeling guilty for nibbling a sweet treat once in a while

10. The feeling of being trim and healthy for the first time since high school

** I'm sneaking in an extra one .... #11. Pictures. Taking pictures with my husband. With my daughter. With my friends and co-workers and not feeling shame when someone posts one on FB or Instagram. I have so few pictures with my daughter growing up because I was so ashamed of my size .... I regret that now .....

Edited by ChristyAZ

by this time tomorrow, ill hopefully be done with my surgery....

by this time tomorrow, ill hopefully be done with my surgery....

Yay!!!! Good luck!!! :)

All the ten options are ideal for one to think about going through the gastric sleeve surgery, if you are obese.It makes you not only look and feel attractive but also helps cure a number of ailments that you might be suffering from as a result of you weight.So best of luck and hope to hear from you soon after the surgery.

Well since being unhealthy has made me have "brain fog" I cant always remember my list lol. But here goes

1. Be healthy. Get rid of sleep apnea and asthma.

2. Be able to get my moneys worth out of vacations ...being energetic and not needing so many rests and naps.

3. Not let family friends and co workers down when I quite literally cant carry my own weight. I know theyd like me to do more and I just cant.

4. I already wear cute clothes but I will enjoy having more of a selection. And more importantly the energy to shop for them.

5. Liking pics of myself.

6. Not having to be the girl with the pretty eyes.

7. Not having a man say he likes me cuz he always liked the big girls. I am not a type or a fetish I am a human being.

8. Having a clean house and a landcaped lawn due to increased energy decreased back pain and no asthma.

9. Not embarassing my son due to my size.

10. Being on the outside who I am ok the inside.

Well since being unhealthy has made me have "brain fog" I cant always remember my list lol. But here goes 1. Be healthy. Get rid of sleep apnea and asthma. 2. Be able to get my moneys worth out of vacations ...being energetic and not needing so many rests and naps. 3. Not let family friends and co workers down when I quite literally cant carry my own weight. I know theyd like me to do more and I just cant. 4. I already wear cute clothes but I will enjoy having more of a selection. And more importantly the energy to shop for them. 5. Liking pics of myself. 6. Not having to be the girl with the pretty eyes. 7. Not having a man say he likes me cuz he always liked the big girls. I am not a type or a fetish I am a human being. 8. Having a clean house and a landcaped lawn due to increased energy decreased back pain and no asthma. 9. Not embarassing my son due to my size. 10. Being on the outside who I am ok the inside.

Love number 7!!!!! So annoying!!!!!

Ok I'm in.

My top 10

1. Finally be able to go skydiving

2. Run a short marathon w/ my sister, niece and her partner

3. Look in the mirror without wanting to cry

4. Ride my Harley and look good, not like a blueberry

5. Put on a 2piece bathing suit again

6. Do more animal rescue work than I already do

7. I'm starting animal behavior college to become a dog trainer after surgery

8. Take my dog for a long walk that tires her out before me

9. Shop for clothes in the regular area. No more "women's" section

10. Feel healthy

As I read everyone's list I can't help but cry. We are all beautiful. It's finally going to be OUR time to feel beautiful on the outside. I feel for everybody on here. Many days I don't even want to leave my house. My surgery is this Thursday. Very nervous but looking forward to by better half of my life after 40.

It is amazing how such small things that most people take for granted are our dreams! I am so tired of being tired. I am tired of not getting to enjoy my soon to be 3 year old son because I cant seem to find enough energy to make it through the day. By the time I get home from work I feel exhausted. I am tired of always making sure I am not in pictures. We were going through pics the other day and I was ashamed that I wasnt in ANY of them. We recently went to washington DC and you would never know I was even on the trip because I made darn sure the camera was never pointed my way. If something were to happen to me my son would never even get to see a trace of me in his life! My mother passed away a few years ago and I have only a few photos of her and it really makes me sad. I think I am looking forward to being able to have pics made of me! Ones where I am not hiding behind other people, or making sure that my hand is covering my chins!!!

I know that this will be a tough journey - but hasnt life already been a tough journey for most of us? I have NEVER been slim. I was OK in my younger days - but I was still always the biggest girl in the group. I want to be able to walk into a room and not feel as though I am an outsider because of my body. I want to buy clothes that dont have huge flowers on them..and what is that all about anyway? We are already "seen" so the clothing industry thinks we need big flowers on our shirts to make us stand out even more??? And once a shirt goes beyond a size 16 they also think that we no longer need cleavage or style. That we just need a sack with sleeves??? Yet they make spandex pants in white in a size 50????

I swear that if I ever get the opportunity I will start a clothing line for larger people - a line that allows people to have stylish clothes!

1.actually look forward to seeing myself in the mirror and loving the progress.

2.to be able to cross my legs.

3. To shop for the really cute, cheaper clothes.

4.walking with me head up high.

5. To finally be able to wear a bathing suit.

6. To inspire others struggling with their weight to give them hope.

7. To have more energy.

8. Go out with others and finally feel confident.

9. Finally get pass people saying i would be pretty if i weren't fat.

10. To exercise without getting tired quickly!

My surgery is on Monday in El Paso, Tx with Dr. Acosta and I am so excited I can barely wait!

My Top Ten Things:

10. I want to go shopping with a friend and not have to go to "my specialty store" but rather try on clothes at the same store!

9. Being that I love to travel, being able to ride in a plane comfortably without people desperately trying NOT to sit near me would be fantastic! So humiliating, especially all the way to Europe.

8. I would like to never, ever hear again in my life that I have a beautiful face and IF I lost the weight……ugh….story of my life.

7. I would love to be able to ride a bike and swim in public without glaring stares.

6. I would love to ride the rides at amusement parks :)

5. I would like to walk into a room and sit comfortably in the first chair I see instead of scanning the room for the largest chair or squeezing into one for a 2 hour meeting.

4. I would love to have the physical energy and ability to take care of my home and my yard.

3. I would love to be able to commit to someone without fear of rejection due to my weight.

2. I would love to be at a healthy weight before my parents pass away.

1. I would love to be married.