Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top 10 things you want to be able to do after the surgery

I read something similar on the post op side but I wondered what were the top ten things/ goals some of you have for your post op self!

Mine

10. Go swimming in the ocean without feeling like a whale

9. Go to family get togethers without small kids staring at my chubbiness

8. Shop at actual stores with confidence.

7. Be able to eat without feeling like the world is staring at me.

6. Look in the mirror and see a face and body that doesn't make me depressed.

5. Take 100 selfies and love them. As of now I have maybe 4... Total.

4. Ride on an airplane. Won't do it now. I'm sparing myself the embarrassment.

3. Buy panties ( SEXY ONES) from a normal store that fit.

2. Go on a vacation as the "healthy Mal"

1. I want to stop lying to my husband and kids. They want to go to amusement parks and cruises...and I tell them I'm scared of heights... When I'm not... I just know I won't fit on the rides and it makes me feel like a huge failure...

10. ride a bicycle without fear of popping the tires....lol

9. go to amusement parks and fit on the rides

8. go out to dinner and fit in a booth instead of having to sit at a table

7. get pictures made of my husband and I, no one has any pictures of me.

6. walk my dogs without fear of being stared at.

5. shop at Victoria's secret or Frederick's of Hollywood for sexy clothes.

4. never step foot in Lane Bryant ever again.

3. go to a Water park and look half way decent in my bathing suit.

2. ride a horse again.

1. Have my first baby and look pregnant not fat.

<p>10. ride a bicycle without fear of popping the tires....lol</p> <p>9. go to amusement parks and fit on the rides</p> <p>8. go out to dinner and fit in a booth instead of having to sit at a table</p> <p>7. get pictures made of my husband and I, no one has any pictures of me.</p> <p>6. walk my dogs without fear of being stared at.</p> <p>5. shop at Victoria's secret or Frederick's of Hollywood for sexy clothes.</p> <p>4. never step foot in Lane Bryant ever again.</p> <p>3. go to a Water park and look half way decent in my bathing suit.</p> <p>2. ride a horse again.</p> <p>1. Have my first baby and look pregnant not fat. </p>

I love those!! I can relate to all of them

As well!

1. Ride a bike without feeling like a circus act.

Walk my dog more than a couple blocks

Wear necklaces without worrying about my neck fat

Run on a treadmill without my butt hurting (you know when it bounces so hard that it hurts?)

Not feel like a total failure when I run into people I went to high school/college with

No more thigh chafe

Having cheekbones

Being able to garden without destroying my knees

See my lady parts (TMI?)

and MOST OF ALL... Better sex

OOooo, I like all of these. I want to do ALL the things. :D

<ol><li>Ride a bike without feeling like a circus act.</li> <li>Walk my dog more than a couple blocks</li> <li>Wear necklaces without worrying about my neck fat</li> <li>Run on a treadmill without my butt hurting (you know when it bounces so hard that it hurts?)</li> <li>Not feel like a total failure when I run into people I went to high school/college with</li> <li>No more thigh chafe</li> <li>Having cheekbones</li> <li>Being able to garden without destroying my knees</li> <li>See my lady parts (TMI?)</li> <li>and MOST OF ALL... Better sex</li> </ol>

Lady parts !!! Omg I should have put that on my list!!!! Lol. That was a good one!

I am so looking forward to not have the thigh rubbing together.

To really be able to shop in the normal size dept.

Never shopping at Just My Size again.

Not having to see my big behind and flabby stomach. Oh to have perhaps that special surgery to make it go away. What a dream. No more rashes there.

Actually getting out of a chair without looking like hungry hungry hippo :-(

Giving away all my fat clothes.

Not having my feet hurt from trying to stand for any length of time.

My bypass surgery date is June 23rd and am more ready than ever.

<p>I am so looking forward to not have the thigh rubbing together.</p> <p>To really be able to shop in the normal size dept.</p> <p>Never shopping at Just My Size again.</p> <p>Not having to see my big behind and flabby stomach. Oh to have perhaps that special surgery to make it go away. What a dream. No more rashes there.</p> <p>Actually getting out of a chair without looking like hungry hungry hippo :-(</p> <p>Giving away all my fat clothes.</p> <p>Not having my feet hurt from trying to stand for any length of time.</p> <p> </p> <p>My bypass surgery date is June 23rd and am more ready than ever.</p> <p> </p>

That's not far away at all!!! Congrats!!! I haven't seen the surgeon yet. I'm all brand new to this but I hope it doesn't drag on for forever!

I forgot all about the lady business area. I haven't had skinny sex since I was 17, I'm 34 now. Heck, I was overweight then too, I was somewhere around 220. Sex in assorted positions would be nice. I know TMI!! My bypass is June 25th.

<p>I forgot all about the lady business area. I haven't had skinny sex since I was 17, I'm 34 now. Heck, I was overweight then too, I was somewhere around 220. Sex in assorted positions would be nice. I know TMI!! My bypass is June 25th.</p>

You guys are lucky! Here soon you will get to be brand new you's!!!!! I can't wait until I get to do the count down!

<p>I forgot all about the lady business area. I haven't had skinny sex since I was 17, I'm 34 now. Heck, I was overweight then too, I was somewhere around 220. Sex in assorted positions would be nice. I know TMI!! My bypass is June 25th.</p>

You guys are lucky! Here soon you will get to be brand new you's!!!!! I can't wait until I get to do the count down!

Your time will be here faster than you know it. In the meantime, do all the homework you can on your surgery. Being totally prepared will ease a lot of anxiety about the surgery.

I forgot all about the lady business area. I haven't had skinny sex since I was 17, I'm 34 now. Heck, I was overweight then too, I was somewhere around 220. Sex in assorted positions would be nice. I know TMI!! My bypass is June 25th.

Your time will be here faster than you know it. In the meantime, do all the homework you can on your surgery. Being totally prepared will ease a lot of anxiety about the surgery. [/QUOTI have become almost obsessed with finding out as much as I can. I'm anxious to get the ball rolling

Omgosh ALL OF THE ABOVE! LOL

Ok so here's mine lol

10. I would like to fit into normal size towels, pretty much only beach towels wrap all the way around

9. Wear nice panties and not have them roll under my stomach and constantly have to pull them up!

8. Walk into whatever nice store and shop in the regular side with all the nice clothes and feel good wearing them.

7. Walk confidently with my husband without worrying if ppl are thinking why is such a handsome man with that fat girl!

6. Not be the fat mom that picks up my child from school!

5. Having people take pictures of me and try to suck it in or lift my neck up so I don't look like a whale and have to tell them delete or never put on social media.

4. Wear a nice bathing suit, hopefully a semi 2 piece ( hey a girl can dream) and finally not feel so insecure at beaches or pools.

3. Feel secure that not everyone is staring at my stomach when I'm sitting down or walking down the street.

2. Ride bikes and be active. Rock climbing, horseback riding and of course ride my husband like a wild bull without breathing so hard and being tired lol.

1. Just feel beautiful in everything I do without feeling judged and walk with total confidence!!!

Ok here are mine

10. Shop in "normal sizes"

9. No more thighs rubbing

8. I want to wear strapless shirts (big arms)

7. Tie my shoes without feeling uncomfortable.

6. Wear lingerie and feel sexy in it.

5. Feel small enough to be "on top" of my hubby!

4. Not worry about being the biggest in the room

3. Not worry that people are staring at me eat

2. See my lady part!! ;)

1. Reenact the scene of Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez in fast & the Furious. Ohh my husband is looking forward to this one ;)

Btw surgery is 6/23