Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top 10 things you want to be able to do after the surgery

Ok so here's mine lol <br><br> 10. I would like to fit into normal size towels, pretty much only beach towels wrap all the way around <br> 9. Wear nice panties and not have them roll under my stomach and constantly have to pull them up!<br> 8. Walk into whatever nice store and shop in the regular side with all the nice clothes and feel good wearing them.<br> 7. Walk confidently with my husband without worrying if ppl are thinking why is such a handsome man with that fat girl! <br> 6. Not be the fat mom that picks up my child from school! <br> 5. Having people take pictures of me and try to suck it in or lift my neck up so I don't look like a whale and have to tell them delete or never put on social media. <br> 4. Wear a nice bathing suit, hopefully a semi 2 piece ( hey a girl can dream) and finally not feel so insecure at beaches or pools.<br> 3. Feel secure that not everyone is staring at my stomach when I'm sitting down or walking down the street.<br> 2. Ride bikes and be active. Rock climbing, horseback riding and of course ride my husband like a wild bull without breathing so hard and being tired lol.<br> 1. Just feel beautiful in everything I do without feeling judged and walk with total confidence!!!

I can completely relate to your number seven as well. My hubby is HAWT and in the military. When we are out together people look at us like ... What are they doing together?!? I hate that look ????

Ok here are mine<br><br> 10. Shop in "normal sizes"<br> 9. No more thighs rubbing<br> 8. I want to wear strapless shirts (big arms) <br> 7. Tie my shoes without feeling uncomfortable.<br> 6. Wear lingerie and feel sexy in it. <br> 5. Feel small enough to be "on top" of my hubby! <br> 4. Not worry about being the biggest in the room <br> 3. Not worry that people are staring at me eat<br> 2. See my lady part!! ;) <br> 1. Reenact the scene of Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez in fast & the Furious. Ohh my husband is looking forward to this one ;) <br><br> Btw surgery is 6/23

That scene is pretty intense!! Enjoy girl!

OK so my kids say I need to make a list so here it goes!

1. No more diabetes medication!

2. Shop in the Regular Sizes!!! No more PLUS SIZE section of the store ( that only carries OLD LADY looking clothes)

3. Walking in my workout pants without being embarrassed.

4. Cheering on my kids during sports and other things without feeling like I am going to pass out!

5. Feeling like eye candy for my ever so sexy husband and better sex of course.

6. The thigh chaffing thing defiantly I have given many pairs of my favorite jeans to the hole in the thigh fairies.

7. Not feeling so out of shape at work. Chasing special ed. preschoolers is hard work.

8. BETTER SLEEPING! Rolling over should be an Olympic sport.

9. Just keeping up with the rest of the world. No one wants to be the one that says you go ahead. I will catch up later.

10. PRIDE! This is one thing that has been such a struggle for me and I WILL BE ABLE TO SAY I DID IT!!!

I am in the process of getting my surgery hoping for end of August. Reading all of you top tens are all amazing and I can relate to most of them.. Here are mine!

1. Be able to have children

2. To never wear plus sized clothes again

3. To feel confident in a pair of jeans and not worry about rolls hanging over. Or feel like I'm being suffocated. Yoga pants have been my friend for far too long!

4. To not have to worry where I sit in public places because I'm scared I won't fit!

5. To travel by plane and not have to ask for a seatbelt extender.

6. To get a half sleeve tattoo.. Wouldn't think of getting one now with these jumbo arms!

7. To explore many positions with my man! ;)

8. To not always be the straggler in the group because I can't walk as fast as everyone!

9. I've always wanted to be able to do a push up! May not be a big deal to others but it is to me!

10. My best friend is getting married next year and I am in the wedding with 4 skinny minis and I want to feel confident standing up there beside everyone!

1. To be evenly tanned (instead hiding as much my body when I'm "laying out"

2. To never have to shop where the sizes ONLY in number to signify how many X's the L is
3. To hike, ahhh to hike

4. To be more spontaneous. I think my weight keeps me from jumping in and joining an adventure

5. To travel comfortably

6. To not be considered a fetish due to my weight
7. To go to a restaurant and not feel embarrassed or ashamed

8. To not be the fattest person the room/office/store/whereever

9. To be able to see my lady parts comfortably

10. To get a massage (I fear I'll break the table or have to give an outrageous tip for putting someone through touching me)

This is a great thread. It's awesome to have goals like this going in and you'll all be surprised how fast you get there.

I'm 3.5 months out and 70lbs down and I've already been able to check a lot of these off my list. I take way more selfies now and don't obsess over every picture of myself. I found a bathing suit I like! I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week with out embarrassment and shopping in more regular stores. (That one is harder than I thought it would be, I feel lost outside of the plus size section.) And last night I bought my first ever pair of shorts that don't come all the way down to my knees! I'm going to six flags tomorrow and I'm still a little nervous about fitting on everything, but I think I'll be fine. Oh yeah, and sex is better.

Congrats to all of you who are getting your surgery soon. It's going to be a difficult journey, but it will be worth it even sooner than you know.

This is a great thread. It's awesome to have goals like this going in and you'll all be surprised how fast you get there. <br><br> I'm 3.5 months out and 70lbs down and I've already been able to check a lot of these off my list. I take way more selfies now and don't obsess over every picture of myself. I found a bathing suit I like! I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week with out embarrassment and shopping in more regular stores. (That one is harder than I thought it would be, I feel lost outside of the plus size section.) And last night I bought my first ever pair of shorts that don't come all the way down to my knees! I'm going to six flags tomorrow and I'm still a little nervous about fitting on everything, but I think I'll be fine. Oh yeah, and sex is better. <br><br> Congrats to all of you who are getting your surgery soon. It's going to be a difficult journey, but it will be worth it even sooner than you know.

Have an awesome time at 6 flags!!!! I'm

Sure you will have fun. Congrats on the loss and the new shorts!!! I can't wait to have these victories!!!

1) Also never have to shop in Lane Bryants again

2) Be able to buy tight fitting clothes instead of ones that are too big so they hide my rolls

3) Keep up with my son

4) Not feel like I have to make fat jokes about myself around people just to feel comfortable

5) Taking a picture of my whole body - not just my face (and only from above) and posting it on FB!

6) Not being afraid of my side profile!

7) Enjoying the outdoors!

8) Wearing a bathing suite without a cover up!

9) Perhaps having a sex life again

10) Having a longer/healthier life!

1. Shop for clothes (no more fat sections).

2. Stop hiding from the world - and go out with my friends.

3. Get off my high blood pressure meds.

4. Enjoy playing with my grand children and not be worn out

After five minutes.

5. Stop wearing sweat pants!

6. Fly without fear of intruding on the passenger next to me

AND maxing out the seat belt.

7. Not being embarrassed around my much thinner sister's.

8. Walk up a flight of stairs and not be out of breath.

9. Have energy and WANT to do things.

10. FALL IN LOVE...

I don't have a surgery date yet, hoping for early August or sooner.

My post surgery list:

10. Shop in regular size clothes stores again.

09. Stop having food as my main focus.

08. Stop hiding food and eating it in private because I am so embarrassed.

07. Wear my necklaces again. Did you know even your neck gets bigger??

06. Have and enjoy sex again

05. Be able to go to store without feeling so self conscious

04. Put my own socks and shoes on..and tie the shoes myself too!

03. Wear my wedding rings again.

02. Walk more than a few steps without being out of breath.

01. Have more energy.

I don't have a surgery date yet, hoping for early August or sooner.

My post surgery list:

10. Shop in regular size clothes stores again.

09. Stop having food as my main focus.

08. Stop hiding food and eating it in private because I am so embarrassed.

07. Wear my necklaces again. Did you know even your neck gets bigger??

06. Have and enjoy sex again

05. Be able to go to store without feeling so self conscious

04. Put my own socks and shoes on..and tie the shoes myself too!

03. Wear my wedding rings again.

02. Walk more than a few steps without being out of breath.

01. Have more energy.

Ok here are my 10! I am so thankful for this thread. :)

10. Being a healthy mom of 6.

9. Being able to take long romantic walks without being exhausted or winded.

8. Shopping in normal departments of clothing stores.

7. Bras finally fit.

6. Able to wear a button up shirt comfortably.

5. Able to wear a bathing suit.

4. Able to gp on outings with my family and not being the biggest one there.

3. Take full body pics!

2. Being able to breathe again without 36 meds monthly for breathing and all my comorbidities.

1. Finally feeling comfortable being naked infront of men or a mirror. This is huge for me. Havent had sex with lights on in years.

I am in the process of getting my surgery hoping for end of August. Reading all of you top tens are all amazing and I can relate to most of them.. Here are mine!

1. Be able to have children

2. To never wear plus sized clothes again

3. To feel confident in a pair of jeans and not worry about rolls hanging over. Or feel like I'm being suffocated. Yoga pants have been my friend for far too long!

4. To not have to worry where I sit in public places because I'm scared I won't fit!

5. To travel by plane and not have to ask for a seatbelt extender.

6. To get a half sleeve tattoo.. Wouldn't think of getting one now with these jumbo arms!

7. To explore many positions with my man! ;)

8. To not always be the straggler in the group because I can't walk as fast as everyone!

9. I've always wanted to be able to do a push up! May not be a big deal to others but it is to me!

10. My best friend is getting married next year and I am in the wedding with 4 skinny minis and I want to feel confident standing up there beside everyone!

I hear ya on the yoga pants! It's all I ever wear because all my jeans are too small! Can't wait to wear jeans comfortably again. And the half sleeve tattoo I will do also when I hit my goal weight. Been wanting that for a couple of years now...

Surgery date is set for august 5th. My mom's birthday!

1.comfortable in Jeans

2.get my Tattoo half sleeve

3. Keep up with my kids

4. Not have to avoid people and social functions because I'm ashamed of being this size

5.be able to do Any kind of exercise I want

6.more confidence

7.get rid of this wall I have up to keep people out so I don't get rejected because of my weight

8.normal sizes! Normal stores!

9.not be scared to cut my hair short n cute like I want to

10.let the real me shine that feels trapped inside this fat suit

More than anything...I want to hear kids laugh or people chuckling and not wonder if I'm the subject of their amusement.

.....and shopping

.....and go to the beach

......find a man????(widowed 12 yrs)

:0)