Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3: May 27-31st Sleevers

Happy week 3 everyone!

Sorry I'm a day late, I fell asleep! I'll update this first page later tonight after I go through and add in the new people and the updates from Surgery day weight lost! If you didnt post it in the thread or PM it to me, you can do that today and Ill update it. It will be fun to look back at old weekly threads and see where you were as the weeks go on :)

By now pretty much everyone should be feeling good, not on pain meds and either still enjoying a rest or back to work. Its amazing its already been a few weeks. My doc is so particular about food timing with the new stomach to let it heal so Im still on liquids until next Wednesday (blah). But Ive started being creative, licking a spoon of peanutbutter like a popsicle is heavenly. Only get in about a teaspoon but its satisfying for sure! Do you have some recipes you have tried?? Do share! I'm excited for purees and look forward to sending some chilli through my Ninja to puree it a little. You better believe thats my dinner next Wednesday night!

A few are in a mini stall right now. Just be patient, drink some Water, and maybe walk a little if you haven't yet. If you are already walking a lot and stalling, upping your calories may help with the stall, get an extra Protein drink in.

Good luck this week everyone! We have an amazing group!

(names will go here with weight lost since surgery *lylabelle (-14)*

I was wondering if anyone else is still dealing with "mental fuzziness?" I go back to work on Monday and have been noticing that I am not as sharp as pre-surgery. I don't know if it due to diet or extreme caffeine reduction or just post surgery recovery? Just curious if anyone else has noticed. Otherwise I am so happy with my progress so far!

Hey Party People!

Mental fuzziness? Definitely. Ive been back to work since monday and my output is way below normal but I'm just glad to be here and not taking pain meds. Because of my incision complication mine are still sore and I'm still taking pain meds at night around dinner time to get to sleep in the recliner ok.

In fact I just did something I never thought I would at this point in the game. I WENT OUT TO lunch AT CHILIS while still on my liquid diet! WOW when my boss said he wanted to do lunch with me to talk long term vision for my career I couldn't exactly say no. I ordered a cup of potato Soup and just dipped the spoon in the Soup and brought it up empty so I could lick the creamy sauce off the spoon without any of the chunks. By the time that started to get hard because it was all chunks left I was full and done. It was surprisingly satisfying and it did not weird him out (that he mentioned anyway) I am now a $4 date.

I'm also wearing a belt today. In public for the first time ever. My stomach is a 2 roll variety with the division at the belly button so wearing belts has always been embarrassing because the top roll always falls over and it accentuates the division/fatness. Today, I needed to put on a belt cause my pants are getting so loose they were being pulled down by the weight of my phone in my front pocket. I put on an A shirt in mens large underneath to smooth things out a little and bam I'm a belt wearer without a gross muffin top. It's a good day!

I've been a bit fuzzy, but mostly I've been having trouble getting motivated. I timed my surgery so I could take a week and half off from uni, follow by our week long spring break. I'll be back in class next week (as a student and as a teaching assistant) and now I need to start doing work to prepare, but I'm finding it really hard. I keep losing track while I'm reading and I haven't even been able to think about working on any of the papers I have to write. I'm just hoping this clears up in time for me to get the preparations done over the summer in order for me to write my thesis in the fall...

Hay y'all

HW 276

SW 261

CW 248

Hope everyone is feeling good!

Second day back to work- I'm a hairstylist- and it was a busy one... But I'm good!

Just finished a seven day travel work trip. Pretty easy to manage the diet while away from home. Now time to rest a bit, leave again in four days for another week.

Still fuzzy here too, mostly mixing up common words and drawing a blank on peoples names. Working from home so mostly able to disguise it.

Saw my doc today and he says I'm doing great except for my allergic reaction to incision adhesive. He thinks, because of my height and frame, my goal weight should be 150 and I might not like the way I look if I went below that. He thinks I should be able to lose 40 pounds my first 3 months after surgery and I told him my goal was 60 so hopefully I'll end up somewhere in the middle!

I can ride my bike now so will go out tomorrow and have some fun burning calories.

Had a great dinner of some mashed up avacado with garlic salt, pepper, dry basil, a bit of olive oil and a dash of balsamic. Yum! One day, when I'm eating more than a couple of Tbsp per meal, I think this mixture would be nice on a piece of turkey lunch meat rolled up.

HW 270 (March 2014)

SW 250 (May 29)

CW 236

GW 150

Hrhlaurie - how tall are you?

Riding bike sounds so fun Laurie! I was wanting to do that but strangely I'm afraid if I fall or crash because my core isn't strong enough to do balance yet. Let me know how it goes for you, maybe you'll inspire me not to be a scaredypants!

Anyone experiencing issues with reflux? :-/ the past few days have been tough

Hrhlaurie - how tall are you?

5'9" tall unless I have a dr appt in the afternoon and then just under that!

Riding bike sounds so fun Laurie! I was wanting to do that but strangely I'm afraid if I fall or crash because my core isn't strong enough to do balance yet. Let me know how it goes for you, maybe you'll inspire me not to be a scaredypants!

I have a beach bike and just cruise concrete pathways. I don't do anything like mountain biking over rocks or anything. Didn't ride today because it's cold today but should be nice tomorrow.