Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been lucky and haven't dumped at all since surgery over a year ago.

June 9th 2014 was my surgery date. I have not puked. But I have had Explosive Diarrhea. I woke up 1 morning and thought the cat had made a mess somewhere in the bedroom. Nope! It was me. Cherries were culprit. I live in Michigan Cherries are a big thing.

Bill

Really.. Just plain cherries! I've eaten cherries with no problems. They are perhaps my favorite fruit!

This was a great question...I'm wondering the same thing! Dumping Syndrome sounds horrible!! I'm taking notes!

My first dumping experience was at 12 months, from maple baked Beans. I didn't read the label first to see that the sugar content was too high. It happened at work - thank goodness my coworkers covered for me for the miserable hour I spent in the ladies room. Afterwards I was weak and shaky for a while.

My second experience was last weekend at 14 months - on an BJ's all-beef hotdog (no bun). I think the fat content was too high. That experience was worse because I was not at home and had to scramble fast to use a public restroom before I soiled myself. I'm pretty sure I cleared out the bathroom with the sounds and smells I created. Stop&Shop may have needed a hazmat team to clean it up.

Both times it happened approx. an hour after eating the offending food. It began with nausea and intestinal noises, quickly escalating to cramping, cold sweats, extreme nausea, lightheadedness, severe explosive diarrhea for 30-60 mins, followed by weakness and shaking for about another hour.

I had dumping syndrome just last night and I'm 19 weeks post op. I have no idea what would have caused it, except that I woke up at 2am starving (didn't eat much yesterday) and I had a little snack. Nothing out of the ordinary, something I have eaten plenty of times before. But, I was in so much pain, broke out in a cold sweat and thought I was going to pass out. The only thing I can think of was that I ate when I don't usually eat. Otherwise it's very strange for me to suffer from dumping syndrome. Some people suffer from it, some don't. Just be careful of what you eat and you'll be okay! Good luck on your journey!

I'm a sleever but if I eat things with too much sugar I get heart palpitations and feel sick. Its not as bad as the stories I've heard from bypassers.

Last night I ate at a new Mexican place. I had three chips with salsa and maybe three bites of burrito with guac. After dinner they gave us tiny mints. I had one and had to spit it out because my heart started racing.

I have had a bite of a brownie or a spoon of ice cream and neither made my heart race.

So far I have not meet a food that has made me sick. That being said I don't eat sweets so they may cause me to dump. I just don't know and I don't really want to find out. I have been out to eat once since my surgery and I had a very tasty shrimp taco salad with all the fixins`. Of course couldn't eat but a few shrimp and some guacamole.

Edited by jtickle

Anything greasy or oily. Don't really dump, just sick until it comes up then I'm fine. Nothing has ever actually made me dump.

I haven't thrown up or had diarrhea from food but fried food makes me feel yucky.. I haven't had more than 10 grams of sugar at a time and have had no issues. Love my RNY!

Nothing has made me dump yet. I have even tried a couple things that shouldn't have. I guess my sample just wasn't enough to make me sick. I tried about a teaspoon of key lime frosting, a tater tot, and tonight I had a single fish stick. But I needed something to take my pills with the other day, didn't have any applesauce so I had to use apple butter. Didn't make me sick either. I am beginning to wonder if anything will give it to me. I have even been out to dinner and had a shrimp taco salad. Took me two days to eat it and I felt great.

I have not had this in a while, but I noticed that CFA lemonade made me dump. Also, I tried gelato in Rome and it was delicious, but I was miserable for the rest of the day!! I was in the catacombs when the feeling hit a few hours after consumption. It was awful!

Literally ate 4 grapes and "dumped" for 2 hours. My body rejects cheese but not really dumping. I'm very sensitive to sugar and even meats started tasting sweet for a couple of weeks. I stay on a very low sugar intake diet now.