Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help with protein shake.

captain danbo,

I've tried lots of Protein Shakes and my favorite iS: GNC ON (Optimal Nutrition) 100% whey Gold Standard in 2 different flavors- vanilla Ice Cream and Double Rich chocolate. I add skim milk, SF pudding mix (1/4 of pkg=one serving) and flavored SF syrups.

Here are some of my favorite combos:

Chocolate Protein Powder, chocolate pudding and toasted marshmallow Syrup, tastes like s'mores

Vanilla Protein powder, banana cream pudding, coconut and pineapple syrups=tropical shake

vanilla protein and pistachio pudding

Chocolate protein powder, chocolate pudding and any of the following syrups: Almond Roca, Peppermint Patty, raspberyy, Peanut Butter, coconut, the combinations are endless.

Everyone has different tastes so what works for me might not work for you, you have to try until you find the ones you like. Good Luck!

I LOVE the Unjury Protein Shakes. They are delicious, very ligth, loaded with Protein, afordable. Go to their website and check it out. I had tried about a dozen different brands and could not find one that I could "live with". You can buy a "trial pack", and try three different flavors. my favorite is chocolate and Vanilla.......YUMMY !......Good luck.....B4U

Someone on another thread suggested purchasing samples of several products to find something you may like or at least tolerate. I thought this was a great idea - I am a very picky eater - funny for a fat person, but I am. My husband and I are both having the band - we are three weeks apart and both have to do a pre-op liquid diet, so we will be on Protein shakes for at least 2 - 3 months between us. I ordered samples last week and most of them arrived this weekend, so I guess we will start tasting! These are the websites that I found that offer cheap samples.

Beth's Protein Boutique

http://208.56.157.89/catalog/index.php?osCsid=e80b9aaa2e6783026543defee8c557b1

Mother Soy

http://www.mothersoy.com/freesample.html

Bariatriceating.com

http://www.bariatriceating.com/sazecais.html

Vitalady

http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&keywords=protsamp&SortKey=sku&SortOrder=ascending

Myoplex Fudge is my favorite, and the EAS Advantage is the close second.

Neither have a chalky taste and are quite pleasant.

I am not getting the band till Aug 9th but I am trying to stock up on all the stuff I will need before hand. The only thing I am having a hard time it the is the Protein shake. I have been trying this one called Isopure and I can't drink it because of the really bad taste:eek: I would like to know what you guys have been doing and witch ones are the best overall and the best with the taste. Thank you.

Wow i was going to suggest the Cholcolate Isopure but i guess thats out.... i absolutely love it!! It tastes like cholc milk to me....r u drinking it with skim milk or Water? That changes the whole taste.......

I've been drinking GNC 100% Soy powder at home- but I can only drink the chocolate flavor as I can't STAND the vanilla (it has a vitamin-y type after taste for me).

For work I've been drinking chocolate fudge EAS Advantage shakes- I have to say they're quite good. I also have Atkins' Vanilla shakes, but I haven't tried them yet (though I have heard they're quite good).

For the record the EAS Advantage have 17 g of Protein, and the Atkins' has 15g.

Needless to say, this is my last week of strict liquids. I am very much looking forward to having my shakes me supplementary and not the be all, end all of everything I tend to ingest. :)

heyy im new here and i just scanned everyones replys real quick, so sorry if i end up repeating someone..

i got banded on 4/17/07, and so far the BEST shakes ive found have been Muscle Milk (every flavor EXCEPT vanilla anything, chocolate covers the icky whey Protein taste way better) the chocolate mint one is really good, tastes like melted chocolate chip icecream! Promax is the other good one, tastes just like chocolate milk. those are really the only to brands i'll drink. im picky :-D .. o, and if your looking for clear Protein, try New-Whey, it comes in fruit punch, grape and orange, in like these little test tube containers.. tastes like really strong kool aid. i usually Water them down, and there WAAYY better then Isopure. i agree. that stuff is gross.

hope this helps!

i love the isofruit delight in cantaloupe and green apple. just likejucie and no thickness. 100 calories for 21 grams of Protein.< /p>

i got samples first from bariatriceating.com

The last time i looked to get a nother tub they were out. I have heard that the Vitamin Shoppe carries the nectar brands to. i have had he fuzzy navel - kinda gritty - and the cherry which was ok but VERY red! lke child drinking hawaaiian punch at work red!

<p>I buy these Protein Bullets (42gr Protein each; 2 = 84gr and 6.2 oz) and mix 2 in 16oz bottle add Water to top -- they count as clear liquid, don't taste bad when dilluted either. Each day your goal is to get this 16oz bottle in (you have meet your protein goal)-- then you can have anything else you desire that you are allowed.</p> <p>************************************</p> <p>go to: your local Vitamin shoppe or http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...intsource=main or call them at 1-800-223-1216.</p> <p> </p> <p>$29.99 for 12 of the 42 gram bullets -- I use 2 a day. I put the 2 of them in a 16oz water bottle - add Water to the top and drink a third at B-L-D.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a coupon -- that the website didn't recognize but I called them and they did honor it -- "Save $10 on any purchase of $50 or more" promo code VSC-3123 -- received it from my doctor's office - it also is a "Supplement and Grocery list for Gastric Bypass Patients." (Feel free to use it as well!)</p> <p>*************************************</p> <p> </p> <p>Let me know how this goes!</p> <p> </p> <p>I have done this since coming home on the 4-9 and don't feel tired or anyother side effects -- I drink this 16oz then concentrate on getting additional 32oz plus of crystal light -- and such.</p> <p> </p> <p>Gina</p>

I love GNC's products. It has 25 grams of Protein and takes great. You should try it. I wouldn't go under 25 grams if I were you. Get the most bang for your buck. Julie

I really like Amplify whey Protein powder. The chocolate mint is my favorite. I do like the chocolate, too, especially when I add 2 T. of Peanut Butter. The Amplify vanilla is good, also.....I add frozen berries to it in the blender.

I do keep a small supply of Isopure "prebottled" in the grape and fruit punch, very chilled. Then, I find them to be "not too bad". I keep thinking I should put them in the blender with ice and try it like a slush......just haven't gotten around to it yet!

I use AES chocolate and mix it with skim milk, 1 tsp sugar free Banana pudding, 1 tsp low carb Peanut Butter and that helps with the flavoring and takes away any grittiness. I've also used Slim Fast Low Carb prepared shakes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Check those labels cause the slim fast low carb had more Protein then the High Protein Slim fast...crazy.