Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, I don't have cancer!

Besides the nice "wow, you look great, I barely recognized you" comments, I've had several people ask me if I've been sick and yesterday a third person asked if I had cancer. Really? I think thats just such a weird thing to go blurt out...I mean these are clients, not "friends". I have to reassure them that I'm fine, and they all tell me not to lose anymore weight, that I look great where I'm at. (Of course I do ;) )Good thing I haven't had any Hair loss or I'd really have the rumor mill churning.

Could be worse, if this were the 80's they'd think you had AIDS. :P

I've had older people ask if I meant to loose weight (with that concerned look). I guess we will understand once we are that age.

people can be rally crude. Once when I lost a lot of weight everyone was asking if I had cancer. Was I sick? Now they are asking how I'm losing weight. It's like they don't notice until one day…then it looks like you've lost it overnight. Haters are gonna hate. I love this new way of life. Would not change it for the world. Just don't like the drama involved.

Happy Losing,

Mississippigirl

Texasmeg - yeah, the concerned "did you mean to" comes up a lot before the congratulations part.

Mississippi girl - I haven't gotten these comments from people I feel are haters, they are just shocked because they may not have seen me in awhile. Most of them seem pretty happy I don't have cancer :). But I agree with the loving this life but not wanting the drama part. I have to respond to weight loss comments EVERY day. I might start working on the "she's doing meth/crack/heroin" rumor to see if that gets people to stop asking.

Edited by Kindle

Also from Mississippi. I have one guy in my Water aerobics class that keeps on insisting that all I had to do was push away from the table to loose weight. He is VERY THIN and apparently has never been over weight. Since I am a 2 1/2 year Breast Cancer Survivor, I do get asked as they look at me from top to bottom, "Are you FEELING ok?" I have always been one who smiles a lot so they are not quite sure. I respond, I am feeling great!! The Lord has really blessed me. Most of my friends know what I had done and have been very supportive since they have seen how good I am doing.

Now that I have lost 185 pounds (205 down from 387)I look so totally different that I have people from other buildings where I work to come over and see "if i'm alright". I talked to a supervisor who I don't work for but know and I asked him if he remembered me and he said of course but he was afraid to ask me if I was ok and not sick. He thought that perhaps I was ill. So if people just meet me they are thrilled with my weight loss. Other people that have know me for years when first seeing me will look or act concerned.

I had a cashier at the grocery compliment me on how I looked and then she asked if I was getting a divorce.

:thud:

Ironically, I was dressed up because we were going out to dinner for our 19th anniversary.

That's my favorite "compliment" so far, for sure.

I just want to know how you are keeping your hair! Lol I am getting totally see through and HATE it!

well, i'm a nurse in a private practice and i can't tell you HOW MANY patients have asked me "when are you due?"...over the past three years....your question is way better!