Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you miss most after Weight Loss Surgery?

I miss nothing. I was miserable before. Life is good now! :-)

@@terry1118

I'll drink to that!!!

water of course ;)

kathy

I will preface this by saying I do not regret having my surgery 6 months ago - this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have my life back and that is priceless.

With that said, there are a few things I miss....

DiSorrono and Coke

gulping Water during/after a workout

sitting down to a big bowl of Pasta and diving in

coffee the way I want/like it...cream and sugar or agave

What I do NOT miss....

feeling like crap every day

waking up with a low grade headache most days

being mad/angry most of the time

not being engaged in my own life

being tired all the time

being so bad out of shape that walking a mile took a huge amount of effort

not liking what I saw in the mirror

being embarrassed all the time

The trade off is so worth it!

Right now, I miss wings...

I had a huge sweet tooth before and now I just don't. I used to want ice cream all the time, and now the thought just grosses me out.

Soda and I were friends before surgery but we ended our relationship in a good place. It's so horrible for you, even the diet stuff. When you think about what it does to your body and teeth, you just won't even want it.

Of course, I miss drinking my Water. My friend called me a camel because of how much water I drank, lol.

I miss chugging Water. A whole glass of ice cold water. That's it.

<p>That is not an easy question to answer but I will give it a try. I miss shopping at the big and tall store. I miss being out of breath when I walk up one flight of stairs. I miss wearing 3XL shirts and size 50 waist pants. I miss being the biggest person in the room. I miss not being able to squeeze into a chair and feeling the armrests digging into my sides. I really miss my heartburn.(You know the kind that hurts so bad, you get tears in your eyes), I miss being called: "Big-T" at work. I miss sitting on my ass everynight shoving my face full of food and playing video games until 2 in the morning. I miss the sound of my thighs rubbing together when I walk. I miss trying to convince myself that because I had a bad day, I am entitled to eat whole pizzas, and drink 2 liter bottles of soda. I miss telling myself that tommorrow I will start my diet. I miss not getting compliments on how good I look. I miss staring at my feet when I walk in public. I miss not having self confidence. I miss my double chins. I miss how round my face once looked.</p>

This made me giggle, not because you suffered and had to deal with all those things as I can relate. But because I could relate to playing video games until 2am and eating. I was wondering if there were any other munchies/gamers amongst the boards. Don't get me wrong in the evening I do still stay up and play video games until 2am >.> I just don't eat now! I don't even think about food when I play. Liberating! For the horde! ;)

What is with all the sipping! Unless u are fairly newly sleeved u should be able to drink Water fairly normally with the exception of guzzling your water. I and i know of many more that take a good drink everytime. So if ur new hang in there. You will have to test urself every so often til u drink what u can handle in one hit. Good luck

I agree. I gulp water all the time. The 1st month, however, I had to drink my water slowly at room temp (and I'm an ice cold fan). cuz it sat like a brick in my chest.

After that tho, I would think there's no limitations in how fast u drink ur water. Unless ur doing it like a beer bong, that is!

OH AND PIZZA!!!

I agree. I gulp Water all the time. The 1st month, however, I had to drink my water slowly at room temp (and I'm an ice cold fan). cuz it sat like a brick in my chest. After that tho, I would think there's no limitations in how fast u drink ur water. Unless ur doing it like a beer bong, that is!

Pre surgery drinking 32 oz if water was the one ""diet" rule I could stick too-now almost 6 mths later I still can't follow this rule without discomfort

Edited by Cherryhair

Dude- you're amazing, This NAILED it!

For the Horde indeed! Anyone need a pocket tank? ;)

<p>That is not an easy question to answer but I will give it a try. I miss shopping at the big and tall store. I miss being out of breath when I walk up one flight of stairs. I miss wearing 3XL shirts and size 50 waist pants. I miss being the biggest person in the room. I miss not being able to squeeze into a chair and feeling the armrests digging into my sides. I really miss my heartburn.(You know the kind that hurts so bad, you get tears in your eyes), I miss being called: "Big-T" at work. I miss sitting on my ass everynight shoving my face full of food and playing video games until 2 in the morning. I miss the sound of my thighs rubbing together when I walk. I miss trying to convince myself that because I had a bad day, I am entitled to eat whole pizzas, and drink 2 liter bottles of soda. I miss telling myself that tommorrow I will start my diet. I miss not getting compliments on how good I look. I miss staring at my feet when I walk in public. I miss not having self confidence. I miss my double chins. I miss how round my face once looked.</p>

This made me giggle, not because you suffered and had to deal with all those things as I can relate. But because I could relate to playing video games until 2am and eating. I was wondering if there were any other munchies/gamers amongst the boards. Don't get me wrong in the evening I do still stay up and play video games until 2am >.> I just don't eat now! I don't even think about food when I play. Liberating! For the horde! ;)

I miss nothing. No food is more important than my health. "I'm so stinkin' thrilled with my weight loss i dont even care about what i cant eat!" Pink Dahlia

I love that attitude. Made me smile. :-). I head in for surgery on the 17th of this month. Hope I come out the other end of my journey as happy as you are.

Count me as another gamer/muncher!

I still game (although not quite as much...I went back to college just before my surgery, so that cuts down on gametime.) but now I have a nice glass of ice Water sitting beside me to sip. I can't wait for Warlords of Draenor (kinda on a WoW hiatus until then, working my way through Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2)

I don't blame you, you can only smash your face on the keyboard through SoO so many times. The lack of current content often has me sitting wondering what to do and I don't feel like gearing up another character! I tried getting into diablo but that has a serious lack of end game content and I really just couldn't get into it.

@@ankinray rules about wine etc. vary depending on your surgeon. My plan calls for no alcohol until you reach maintenance, and then to exercise caution due to 1) liquid calories; 2) high rate of transfer addictions with wls patients; and 3) rapid absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream for post wls patients, which can make it easy to over-drink very fast.