Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh perfect! I will be there along with my mom (who had surgery 10 years ago). Can't wait to meet all of you!!

Just got surgery date today October 23 two weeks from today so much to do kind of freeking out 5 week after surgery leave to Texas for the winter will only be in Texas for a few days then flying to Montana for a granddaughters wedding hope I am up to all of this see you all on Saturday I know I will not be able to sleep

Just got surgery date today October 23 two weeks from today so much to do kind of freeking out 5 week after surgery leave to Texas for the winter will only be in Texas for a few days then flying to Montana for a granddaughters wedding hope I am up to all of this see you all on Saturday I know I will not be able to sleep

It was great to meet Linda, Molly, Mary... And I am sorry for the gal I am missing, but we had a great lunch today!

Hey peeps! I had a great time this weekend meeting all of you! There's a support group meeting tonight, and I'm just double checking to see if "outsiders" (patients who didn't have surgery at our facility) are welcome before I post the info. I know we spoke about the accessibility of these meetings while we were together!

More to come! Thank you for being so warm and welcoming!

Great! I look forward to an update!

OK folks:

TONIGHT (10/14/2014) there is a support group meeting at North Memorial in Robbinsdale. The meeting goes from 5:30-6:30, and meets in the hospital itself. Tonight they will be having Cassie Shallenberger - Registered Dietician - come to answer questions and speak!

3300 Oakdale Ave N.

Robbinsdale, MN 55422

We are in the A7 Conference room on Floor 7 of the hospital.

Here's a link for more info, maps, etc!

http://www.northmemorial.com/weight-loss-surgery

Molly and Fawn. It was great meeting with both of you. Next week we will have a date for our next meeting. Had a lot of fun visiting with you . Next time I see you I will have had my surgery. The 23 is coming up fast. Thanks for the recipe Fawn and thanks for the information about the meeting in Robbinsdale Molly.

Hello! I am fairly new to this site. Surgery to be scheduled any day now (waiting on secondary insurance approval). I am figuring on a November surgery date. Has anyone had their Gastric Bypass at Abbott Northwestern? I am working Dr. Drew. Curious if there are any others out there who had surgery there or worked with him. Getting very nervous for the 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet but knowing I can do it!

Hi Twin Cities gang. I have been joining and following other group conversation and the one thing that bothers me most is people who talk about when or if they can go back to eating some of the stuff they used to: pizza, burritos, cheese burgers, cake, etc.

Nobody has done it on this board, but here's an answer I just gave to this woman who isn't even two weeks out from her surgery and already wondering when she can eat that kind of stuff and how it might affect her tummy. There was another person in the conversation, so that's who GummyTummy is that I am agreeing with.

To harsh??

HERE'S WHERE MY COMMENT STARTS:

I agree with GummyTummy. It's all about how you see food from now on. You're whole outlook has to change. You'll be able to eat anything, really.

I'm 8 weeks out and have been eating almost anything I want for the past 4-5 weeks. But I don't crave anything I used to. I've had pizza, but could only eat less than a whole slice. It tasted great. I've had less than a third of a burrito from Chipotle and that was heavenly. No issues whatsoever. Only 3 times have I eaten just a little too much that it caused me to vomit, but luckily I was home for two of those instances and the other was in my car...but thank goodness I always keep plastic grocery bags under my seat to use for trash.

It's all about making the right food choices and how you look at what you're eating. You need to get the Proteins down first, then you can do the good carbs (good veggies), then with what room you have left, use that for the starchy carbs (rice, potatoes, Pasta, breads, etc.). One or two bites of a tortilla shell isn't going to ruin everything, but remember what you got the sleeve for in the first place...as a tool to change to a healthy lifestyle. A tortilla shell offers no real nutritional value and that's what you have to be thinking about when you eat. It's not about being boring or bland. It's about being smart about foods and nutrition. Otherwise, you just went through a heck of a big surgery to worry about eating the foods that made you overweight in the first place.

GummyTummy says it all...MODERATION

But I can tell you that I have honestly not craved anything and don't miss any of my "go to" foods like Oreos with double stuff, Chipotle burritos, Fritos Corn chips, fresh baked pumpernickel bread, cake with lots of frosting, etc. The less you think about "losing what you used to have or about denying yourself" the more it won't even bother you.

Good luck.

Okay comment or not? Any feedback from my peeps here in the cities?

I agree with what you have stated. it has nothing to do with what GummyTummy is or isnt doing or craving. it isnt about craving. It is about making a LIFE SYLE change and keeping it after the honemoon phase. If you choose to ignore the changes during this and not learn how to change the idea of food in your head, like anything else, one=ce the honeymoon phase is over, the pounds ill come back on. IT WILL HAPPEN. I have seen it in many folks that i have mentored in the last 2 years.

pizza, yeah, I dont deny myself, but I either eat the topings or make my own with caulifour crust. Still only a peice or two depending on size. Chipotle...I never liked it bfore, so i dont eat it now. But for other thins like dorito's.. I do have about 11 chips a week...all in one sitting. then done till next week. I allow myself some of my favorites and I account for them in what else I eat that day.

I have almost all cut out out the rice, the potatoes, the bread...cookies, cakes, all the good stuff and exchanged them with other healthy options - or - i have found ways to incorporate my old favs by making them more suited to my new lifestyle. sugar free cake with added Protein Powder, Rice noodles to make noodle salads and the dressing mied half greek yogurt, half mayo and a scoop of Protein powder... my family cannot taste the difference AND i get what i need.

As far as WHEN we can eat these nummyliscous food again, it is 1) based on individual doctors plan and 2) when the individual body is going to handle different foods. For me, burger was a nogo until almost a year out. but chocolate...oh baby, I could do it at 3 months. Chips--with in a month. per my body of course. The docs plan said never. lol

I agree with your statements. She (GummyTummy) isnt being helpful.

I started my journey on 2/12/14. After completing all my BCBS requirements on 9/25/14, I was officially approved on 10/14/14.

Yesterday I met with my surgeon, today was my ultrasound and nutritionist appointment. On 10/27, I start my pre-op liquid diet and 10/28, I have my pre-op physical.

My surgery is November 6th at Methodist Hospital in St Louis Park, MN. I am truly astonished at how smoothly this process has been managed. I surely hope my surgery and follow care goes the same.

Amazed, excited and a bit nervous!

welcome Lori! I wish you the best on your new journey! It is a wonderfully strange ride! kind of like a roller coaster, up and down and all around! but in the end it is all worth it! If you have any quesstions, there are answers and we are here to help. WE ARE NOT DoCTORS, we have just been there and can give you our exeriences. Good luck and WELCOME!!!!

Great advise marybeth and Fawn it's very helpful Lori I am so happy and excited for you. Two more days till my surgery can't wait. LET's get together at the Perkins in fridley. anyone have a date that works

Linda, remind me what time and stuff... Surgeon. And most of all... Can I come visit Friday? I can make most times work.. I have interview at 10 tomorrow in minnetonka and 1215 on Thursday in edina. I have a movie premier tomorrow night in st Louis park at 6. I would love one last hey together before your big day!