Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the heck do you eat?!?

Once you are able to eat "regular foods"

What should I be eating to maintain weight loss?

I'm in the puréed stage

And about to leap back into that scary world of real food I'm not going to lie I'm scared

What I eat: real food

meat, seafood, veggies, eggs, fruit, nuts

I've stopped eating all bread, rice, potatoes, and Pasta... But that's MY preference.

I also like yogurt, cheese, Protein shakes, Quest bars

I be sure to measure/weigh everything I eat to be sure it's the right amount.

I have pics of food in some of my photo galleries if you want to check them out.

:)

I am able to eat 90 % of foods, a few things I cant eat at all, like raw broccoli, chicken breast, medium thick pork chops. (Too thick or fiberous ) Some foods I can only eat a few bites like eggs, Pasta, some breads, white rice. Im fine with steak, chicken thighs or wings, pork loin, fish, bacon, hamburger or turkey burger.

. Also fine with cheese, fruits, salads , most everything else. My best advice is to try easy foods at work ( Soups, yogurt etc) , and try out other foods at home in case you get stuck and the food has to come up. ( ( Im refering to a very baaaaaad broccoli incident at work, not pretty) ! Good luck !

I eat pretty much everything I did before except rice and Pasta, but some of the fattier stuff I either make modified versions of or just eat them very, very rarely. The biggest key to maintain weight loss is to not increase the volume that you are eating too fast. The longer you can keep the restriction in your sleeve the longer it will help you. There are people I know that were sleeved the same date I was but were eager to eat larger portions early on and can now eat way more than they should at even double our time out and have either stopped losing or are even gaining weight back.

So in short, its not always what you eat that will stop your losses, but how much of everything in general you're eating.

I eat anything I want. But heavy on the meats, dairy, fruits and veggies. Light on the rice, Pasta, bread and Desserts.< /p>

It's interesting how my tastes have changed, and continue to change, since being sleeved. But seafood - my gosh. I can't believe how much I used to find fish depressing because it never filled me up unless it was battered and deep fried. BLEEECCHHH - the thought even bothers me now. But I absolutely love how tilapia, salmon and most types of fish and seafood land gently in my tummy. You can buy frozen fish in the supermarket that has been marinaded in all kinds of nice seasonings, which I used to never buy because I knew I would eat it and still be hungry. Not anymore! I can make one 4 oz filet last for two meals, even at six months out. I try to make the other half of my meal vegetables. I like cooking veggies like Greek style green Beans or Caribbean style brussels sprouts. I'm all about the seasonings - and pretty much everything has garlic, which just make me happy. Another thing I absolutely love are Beans - even something as simple as a 3 bean salad is nice, and settles well for me. You're going to find some foods easier than other, and don't be suprised if you eat something like a crazy person for 2 months and then don't want to look at it again for the rest of your life. I went through a flavored Laughing Cow phase that lasted about six weeks and now I can't stomach the thought of another flavored Laughing Cow (although I'm still loving the original - weird)

I have eaten mostly the same exact things since I first got my band.

Breakfast: Chobani greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds & granola OR a Protein shake.

Lunch: any variety of salad that I feel like tossing together!

Dinner: Some kind of meat/fish (mostly salmon) with any mix of veggies I have in my fridge.

Edited by alicesandra

I usually have an egg for Breakfast (sometimes with a half piece of whole wheat toast), lunch meat and cheese for lunch (sometimes with a little fruit), and chicken or fish with a little bit of a green vegetable for dinner. Occasionally, I add a tablespoon or two of potatoes or rice.

Mid-morning, I usually have a low-carb greek yogurt and mid-afternoon a Protein shake.

It's funny - I saw a "challenge" diet on Facebook and it was basically my normal way of eating now. It doesn't seem like a challenge at all!

what do i eat?

whatever i want

there are zillions of choices

some better than others

its up to us to use common sense and make better choices

(leave the its too hard, or i am too busy to the curb)..

eating from a box or fast food or processed items is what got me super

morbid obese in the first place...it sure does taste great and every once in a while i have some but i normally focus on eating lean Proteins, veggies and fruit...and eat when i am hungry..and not just think i am...so listen to your body, eat clean and enjoy the process of getting healthier..dont overthink it...3500 calories ate or drank whether its potato chips or cucumbers and if you take in more calories than you burn off, no matter what WLS one has, they will not lose weight.

myself personally, i do not eat bread, rice or Pasta or potatoes but i do have 12 french fries every friday..why do i not eat that? because it is not feeding my body and making me (feel full).....eat to live and not live to eat..

real food.

last night be had sloppy joes made in the crockpot. the night before was baked catfish. before that was chicken salad and the night before that chicken stir fry. i eat eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, oatmeal, quinoa, sweet potatoes. i make lots of things with oatmeal. i eat most meat, though my budget and my H's preferences dictate a lot of ground meat (we eat organic), sausages, chicken thighs and not very expensive fish.

i have kids and a husband with food allergies, so my cooking is more complicated than most, but we eat mostly things that are not processed, dont come from a box, jar, can, package. i try and keep it simple... ie, meatballs, roasted broccoli and brown rice. or baked fish, roasted sweet potatoes and salad.< /p>

Right so I get it now

Protein first!

Stop when felling full

I feel like I'm ALWAYS hungry!?!

I'm 5weeks post op

Maybe I'm confusing this hunger type pain with something else?

My period is due in a few days

Maybe it will go away after I get my period ?

When I of for something to eat it is always

Either yogurt, cottage cheese, or cheese cubes

Or a Protein Shake but man I swear I always have this hungry feeling in my lower belly?

I'm not happy about it to say the least :(

My doctor told me that we have to get 40-60 grams of Protein a day. I also had a constant hungry feeling but I reevaluated my eating plan and I realized I wasn't getting enough protein. Since I've been eating my allotted protein amount, my hunger pains have gone away and now I have to force myself to eat. And it makes me feel better about what my intake is, that I'm not eating the wrong things.

Stuck in the airport and needing dinner, I stopped at a nice resturaunt and had ahi tuna with aisian sauce and a bite or two of cole slaw. Yum!!!

Ate at Joes crabshack yesterday was nice. I just had an add on of grilled shrimp and one of my moms broccoli spear. I ate 4 1/2 of the shrimp. They were pretty small but good.