Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Months out 185 down

Oh, by the way, my oxygen saturation went up to 99 percent and I no longer require CPAP therapy and no Insulin Pump. Just thought I would tell ya that also.

Im 49 and I was worried I was too old to expect a 100lbs or more weight loss. Now I know it can be done. How did you do it?

walking,running,weights? I had to have both knees replaced so walking is about all I can handle right now. You are a great inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing.

follmerpa, on 04 Jun 2014 - 13:43, said:

Im 49 and I was worried I was too old to expect a 100lbs or more weight loss. Now I know it can be done. How did you do it?

walking,running,weights? I had to have both knees replaced so walking is about all I can handle right now. You are a great inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing.

Follmerpa, my husband is 67, walks with a cane sometimes, and has back, hip, leg problems. His diabetes is under control for the first time in many years. He is off Metformin and a HBP pill, still on a low dose of insulin at night, none in the morning now.

Just want you to know he has gone from 320 to 240 (90 lbs) without exercising. It can be done. Good luck!

I have not exercised at all, I had a back fusion in 2009, and my left knee is in need of replacement but since I lost all the weight, it does not seem to be too bothersome. I know I have read about all the people running 5K's and all the exercise. I think that they are fantastic, I never like or wanted to exercise. I lost every ounce of weight via calorie intake and Protein intake. I eat nothing but chicken, fish and vegetables. 4 ounces of protein max and then veggies that fit comfortably. An hour later I have been eating a small nectarine or half an apple. Two Protein Bars from Sam's (detour brand whey protein only) twice a day mid morning and mid day. That's it and plus nothing but one seven eleven coffee on my way to the office and then lot's of Water all day until bedtime. That is my secret to my success. Plus I love losing the weight and feeling great. BTW the only two negatives pertaining to my weight loss is my ears ring all the time and my blood pressure is so low that I have to take Midodrine to artificially raise my blood pressure to normal. Good luck guys I'm rooting for all of you.

No wonder your doctors want you to inspire others. Please keep sharing and motivating others here. Keep up the good work. I am glad I saw your post.

1 year out.

10 pounds from my goal!

CAN'T STOP EATING!

HELP!

Starting to feel like I'm sabotaging myself like every other diet I've ever tried.

You need to bump up your Protein and limit your food intake to small meals. I eat Protein shakes for Breakfast, two Protein Bars one mid morning and the other mid day followed by a meal of chicken or fish and a fresh vegetable. I usually have a bowl of sugar free Jello before bed. I drink lots of Water and take a large container of Water to bed and drink it all during the night when I get up to pee(wonder why I pee all night lol)

I still log every bite that goes in and I have never gained back any weight because I monitor my weight weekly and stay on track with the calories daily. I have never eaten more than 1300 calories since surgery and I am satisfied all the time. I believe because of the frequent small Snacks.

Stay the course, don't dwell on the past and concentrate on the victories you've had. Don't let a stall 10 pounds away from your goal let you down. Your stats are fantastic, you have lost a ton of weight and I am sure that you look fabulous. You can do this and never think that this was worth it. Your friend, Mark, Edmond Ok

Thanks Mark.

I just boiled some eggs. Baked some chicken and made tuna salad. And since it's the boredom...I'm spending the next week at a friends house so in not alone at home.

Thank you for the support and sharing your plan.

Sent from my iPhone

Congratulations on your fantastic success both with your weight & also all those health problems that have resolved of due to your weight loss!!!! You are an AMAZING inspiration to so many people!!! Bless you on your continued journey & may your future be filled with lots more success in every thing you persue from here on out!!!

Thanks Mark.

I just boiled some eggs. Baked some chicken and made tuna salad. And since it's the boredom...I'm spending the next week at a friends house so in not alone at home.

Thank you for the support and sharing your plan.

Sent from my iPhone

That away girl. I know that you will make your goal. You look beautiful by the way

Awesome! Congrats on your success!

Same to JLynn. Looks like you are on your way to the same success. I wish you the best and please keep us posted on your journey.

Mark