Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 days post op today and I think I have gotten 8 oz of Water in.. It is really hard.

Wow.. What dr did u use? As of now I'm still ok with the liquids only, due to I'm not even able to get the minimum I need of that in. How are u all getting ur fluids in an Protein?

Dr. Shawn Garber - NYBariatric, he's been on quite a few shows and articles (I researched the heck out of him), and I guess he just has his way that works.

Someone recommended Isopure Fruit drinks to me (the consistency is like Water - that is what I needed!). I am in such a better place with Protein due to this drink. I looked on various sites and I the cheapest I saw it was on Vitamin Shoppe, by about $20 -$25 for a pack of 12. It is 20 ounces and contains 40 grams of protein. Before, I could not get those Protein shakes down for the life of me and I knew I needed something else. Very grateful for these boards!

Like half a cup maybe a bit more.

when was your surgery
May 7th and Friday I started soft foods

Edited by DaddyMarie

Do remember newby sleevers it does get better day by day! Do what you can and don't force it! The experience is wonderful. And foods that you, use to crave you will no longer crave! I have a new craving, fresh cut fruit is so yummy to me! I'm loving that, learning how to eat healthy is an awesome feeling!

Pour the Isopure room temp over 8oz ice. It dilutes it, keeps it cold and give you additional 8 oz of Water. Win-win!

I hear ya! My doc actually has more of a soft foods phase more than puree right after the 1 - 2 days liquid phase. I'm losing a lot of weight so I'm good with my doc's advice. I knew eating puree would be very hard for me. I'm a texture gal.

So ur doctor had u on a 1-2 day liquid diet then went straight to soft foods?

My dr had my first 2 days a clear liquid diet an then days 3-14 a full liquid diet. Then puréed for 2 weeks then soft foods.

Funny how each program/hospital/doctor is a little different. I was sleeved on 5/5. I was on clears at the hospital for two days, then when I went home it was right onto the pureed stuff, which was horible. Because it was like, bland gross baby food. By the 13th I was moved forward to soft foods.

I'm on clear liquid for 15 days, then full liquids for 10 days, then soft foods for 2 weeks. I begin phase 4 on July 4th, so it will be a fun holiday!

Does anyone have a work put regimen, I'm struggling... I hate working out! I need options

I was on liquid for the first 3 days and then I have to do full liquid, including yogurts, puddings, etc, for FOUR weeks! Doesn't that sound too excessive? I saw my nutritionist today and told her that I tried a little bit of mashed potatoes, and she pretty much told me that I shouldn't start puree for another 2 weeks, despite my surgeon telling me that I cannot do any damage to the staples. I was sleeved on May 21st, by the way.

I am also having such a problem getting in Protein. I heard a lot of people like the Premier Protein, chocolate flavor? Any suggestions? I have already spent so much money on different Protein shakes. I tried the Isopure vanilla, which I hate (yuck), then I tried the isopure drinks, the fruit alpine, they were even worse, then I tried these coffee lattee flavored packets my nutritionist sold that I didn't like, and finally (today) I bought a pack of the pre-made shakes my nutritionist had in her office and they were good but they are expensive ($18 for 6!) and don't have as much Protein as the premier, they only have 15g whereas the premier has 30g. Suggestions welcomed!!!

I'm still on liquid phase and am not getting any Protein in!! I'm really worried about it I just about manage a cup of coup and I carry a bottle of Water with me and sip sip so other than that and a bit of fruit juice I'm not eating I need to get a good Protein shake in what do u guys think of the slim fast shakes? I was thinking of having those for Breakfast as a way if getting something down?

With all the diff things about how long to stay on liquid do you think it's to do with more weight loss results than what the stomach can handle ?

sleevegirl2, I didn't like the Isopure fruit Alpine either but the Grape Frost is very good. I use that all the time, plus I like the unjury shakes, chocolate Splendor and strawberry Sorbet.

When I mentioned Isopure I probably should have added that I too only care for the Grape Frost. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm just grateful b/c I was doing so bad w/ Protein and hope it helps others. I found out about it through the boards.

I'm still on liquid phase and am not getting any Protein in!! I'm really worried about it I just about manage a cup of coup and I carry a bottle of Water with me and sip sip so other than that and a bit of fruit juice I'm not eating I need to get a good Protein shake in what do u guys think of the slim fast shakes? I was thinking of having those for Breakfast as a way if getting something down?

With all the diff things about how long to stay on liquid do you think it's to do with more weight loss results than what the stomach can handle ?

I did wonder that b/c I doubt these surgeons are out to split our sleeves. I should also mention that what others consider soft foods are on my puree list, which is why I say I went from the hospital to soft foods (like white fish, ground turkey). It's permitted if one can handle is and really grounds the turkey. They have us on this for 4 - 6 weeks, depending on when you get back to the surgeon.

The fact is regardless of my surgeon's and nut's list, my stomach can only handle things like hummus (small amount), weight watchers cheese spread (a little) and puddings. The other stuff is just too uncomfortable. But I kept in touch with a few who sleeved on my day and they are getting way more down and frankly, losing more weight than me (I think a lot of that has to do w/ the fact that they have about 150 to 200 more pounds to lose than me, but still). So I don't know what these surgeons are up to. B)

I'm very happy with my weight loss. I do look forward to the day when eating refried Beans, eggs, etc. isn't uncomfortable. That's why I really needed a Protein Drink I could handle. I wasn't getting any in until Isopure.< /p>

I was on liquid for the first 3 days and then I have to do full liquid, including yogurts, puddings, etc, for FOUR weeks! Doesn't that sound too excessive? I saw my nutritionist today and told her that I tried a little bit of mashed potatoes, and she pretty much told me that I shouldn't start puree for another 2 weeks, despite my surgeon telling me that I cannot do any damage to the staples. I was sleeved on May 21st, by the way.

I am also having such a problem getting in Protein. I heard a lot of people like the Premier Protein, chocolate flavor? Any suggestions? I have already spent so much money on different Protein shakes. I tried the Isopure vanilla, which I hate (yuck), then I tried the isopure drinks, the fruit alpine, they were even worse, then I tried these coffee lattee flavored packets my nutritionist sold that I didn't like, and finally (today) I bought a pack of the pre-made shakes my nutritionist had in her office and they were good but they are expensive ($18 for 6!) and don't have as much protein as the premier, they only have 15g whereas the premier has 30g. Suggestions welcomed!!!

Isopure gags me-I can't stand the consistency. I have 7 bottles left to choke down in the fridge :( I love Syntrax Peanut Butter, it mixes well with Water, but as soon as I am on full liquids, I will blend it with almond milk-it's heavenly, like a Peanut Butter milkshake and packs 23g of protein in one scoop. Find it on Amazon (2lb container for $28.00).

Also, I bought several boxes of BariWise products: they are tasty! chicken bouillon and amaretto hot cocoa, just mix with hot Water in a mug and sip it. These have 15g of protein per pack. A box of 7 runs around $12.55. Visit this website for all bariatric products that are made to be low carb/high protein and go down easy: http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bari-wise-bariatric-health-products-114.html

I also love that they let you search for aspartame and gluten free products and the choices are great. I have puddings from them for my full liquids phase..can't wait.

I love sweets, so I realize I have an advantage here-I love shakes and puddings and when I want savory, I just have Soup broth and I actually find that I can get in too much protein per day (one day I had 90g due to choking down an isopure 40g then 35g from Syntrax shakes and a protein bullion 15 g) because everything I sip has protein (except water).

Edited by WorldTraveler