Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any I the only person that feels like they literally have to force Water down their throat, or any other beverages for that matter. I know I'm not getting enough water required daily but it's soooo hard. It's like the site of any beverage is a turn off! I can't stand the act of drinking and never crave or desire it.. Pleaseeee help lol

I have exactly the opposite problem...I feel like I'm constantly thirsty and want to drink. Part of it is our house is very dry, so that doesn't help, but I'm always drinking.

Any I the only person that feels like they literally have to force Water down their throat, or any other beverages for that matter. I know I'm not getting enough Water required daily but it's soooo hard. It's like the site of any beverage is a turn off! I can't stand the act of drinking and never crave or desire it.. Pleaseeee help lol

Nope, I'm the same way.. I wasn't a big drinker (liquids) before surgery and still I'm not a big drinker. I get between 48-64 oz a day and mainly because I force myself to get the liquid in. My tips: Get it in early. I drink more in the morning then any other time. Break it up by varying the flavor, I go between Protein drink (which counts as liquids AND protein) and water / flavored water. When all else fails, have a Popsicle - sugar free . It counts as 2 oz of liquid.< /p>

I would have considered it a high consumption day if I drank enough to just get my pill down. A 16 oz. bottle of Water would last me a week. LOL. When I first read about the Water consumption requirements post surgery, I started to pull out 4 bottles of water a day and made a major effort to drink them. I knew it would be a later requirement, so may as well get working on it. I now drink a MINIMUM of 70 oz. a day, some days near 90 or more ... I don't know how I didn't drink all those years, but am making up for it now. Just hope I can keep it up after July 1 surgery date.

Me too! Never really feel thirst but force drink anyway :( it's tough but weight loss slows if Water consumption falls, so we do it anyway.

I loved Water pre op! Ever since I was younger I would prefer bottled water over other beverages, just was raised in that type if household of bottled water drinkers lol. So my issue with drinking water now isn't because of a lack of habit, it wasn't until post op when I started to have difficulties with getting in my requires amount.

Maybe it's psychological because of the liquid diet?

Lucky. I can't do purée until June 11th.

Before surgery I would drink at the very least 120 ounces of water... I love it.... Now, it is more difficult for two reasons: 1. I can't guzzle it anymore and 2. I was used to drinking from a straw. I do vary my flavors but also we CAN NOT count Protein Shakes for fluids, it can only be Water, tea or broth that counts for fluids.

Before surgery I would drink at the very least 120 ounces of water... I love it.... Now, it is more difficult for two reasons: 1. I can't guzzle it anymore and 2. I was used to drinking from a straw. I do vary my flavors but also we CAN NOT count Protein Shakes for fluids, it can only be Water, tea or broth that counts for fluids.

I guess that it depends on your surgeon, I was told anything without caffeine counted as my fluids. So for me, I can't count tea but my Protein Drinks count.

I guess that it depends on your surgeon, I was told anything without caffeine counted as my fluids. So for me, I can't count tea but my Protein drinks count.

There are lots of caffeine free tea options ( both hot and cold) and this is a requirement by the surgeon but pressured by the dietician.

My dad was raised in the south, when I hear tea, I automatically think black tea - iced and sweet. I do know there is other decaffeinated teas though.

My Nut/dietician and surgeon work together and both said the same thing but it is a debate out there, every plan is different. I get the majority of my fluids from Water. I count the Protein drink as fluids on the days when I just cant get fluids in.

I am having the same problem, and it worries me. I can get about 16 ounces of Water or crystal light in a day, and that's it. It's almost like the water gags me. I am 2 1/2 weeks out. I keep trying though because I know how important it is. I am still having sugar free Popsicles and sometimes broth, so I hope that's helping me a little!