Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sigh. I hear ya, sister.

Oh. You mean a coat.

Never mind.

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Saturday. I am up early to get, cut, color and hi lites. I am usually in bed to 11ish. We were all taught to floss. I flossed and my front tooth is bonded and now I have 1/2 a tooth. Not fun at all. Dentist closed until Monday and we have my grandson's 'kid's' party today. He'll be 2 next Saturday and then it's the family party. Now my wonderful 2 sons are not talking to each other and they were best friends. Did everything together and for each other. Breaks my heart and I tried not minding my own business. Yes, Mitch (husband) told me to not interfere but mothers do. Got no where, sad.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. The news said the wind chill right now in Boston is around 17! May get to 40 later, I hope so. Being that we have less fat sucks in the winter but being cold is better than having all those pounds. I have been wearing the Uggs for weeks and sometimes my feet are still cold. I don't get that.

Bye everyone.

Arlene

15841831761_38cb1ec867_m.jpg

thank you for my birthday wishes

i am 49 today.....and i took this picture for you this morning

while i am sitting at my desk..dont feel 49.....

♥ you all

Really cute from an "oldie" to a young'n!

Hello peeps. Today I'm making an apple strudel with my mom. It's not a food temptation for me but it's a nice memory of baking with my grandma. Mom and I haven't made one in a decade.

I walked past a boutique clothing shop last night. It was closed. I found myself thinking, I'd like to come back when they are open and try on some of those clothes. !?!?WHAT!?! I actually startled myself with that thought. It wasn't a plus size store and no, I wouldn't fit in anything there yet, but the thought came as natural as could be. Wow. I was happy just realizing that. Maybe there's hope for this old brain yet.

I've been surrounding myself with healthy, good-for-me people and it's having a positive effect on me.

My stress level went down a bit this week. I want to acknowledge that because I was in such a bad place last week with stress and anxiety. My band was not happy during that time. I'm feeling better overall this week and I'm grateful. Prayer works.

Thanksgiving is going to be nine people coming for a luscious dinner. I'm not running the entire show. (Most of it but not all.) I'm eagerly waiting for my girls to fly home from college Tuesday night. Life is good.

Happy Saturday, my friends.

Wow, I've missed a lot in a day -- including CG's birthday. Happy, Happy Birthday to You! We are running away for Thanksgiving and I can't wait. Very stressful times managing elder care. Juggling too much and need to reel it in -- canceling a few things and that always feels good. Need that feeling of Found Time. In other news, I caved in and ordered one of those Puffer coats. I hope it comes today because I am freezing. Going to need to wear a sleeping bag all winter if this keeps up.....hope every one has a great weekend. I like it that I don't turn to food now when I am stressed. Have I really turned into one of those people who eat less when things are difficult? That's certainly a change!

food becomes not an option for me when things derail. In fact my band gets upset when I do. Does this happen to others too? Had to find new ways to cope. Clearly my appetite is dimmed. And at times I just can't control what my band will do. I'm ok with that most of the time. Can't fight it. So I let it drive????

food becomes not an option for me when things derail. In fact my band gets upset when I do. Does this happen to others too? Had to find new ways to cope. Clearly my appetite is dimmed. And at times I just can't control what my band will do. I'm ok with that most of the time. Can't fight it. So I let it drive????

Yep. Stress makes me more restricted and stuck a lot. Not fun.

I agree if I have a lot of stress or just start to feel upset I can Drink but not eat.

Sigh. I hear ya, sister.

Oh. You mean a coat.

Never mind.

OMG! Nearly peed my pants reading that.

Don't all beavers get big when you lose weight?

Hi, everyone. Today in Boston it is 63!!!!!!!! I was warm with my sweatshirt and vest on walking around and shopping. This weather is so wonderful and it leaves tonight.

Yesterday was my 2 year old grandson's kid's party. Grammie partied hard and my FitBit said over 7000 steps. The party was at a play gym for toddlers and I chased him and his friends and jumped on the trampoline with him and loved it. Without the band I would have sat on my fat ass beside my husband. Did I just say he sat the whole time, yes!

Have a great day. The NE Pats are winning!!

Arlene

Arlene

Funny beavers !! So glad you had an active and fun day. What a joy ( and hard work) 2 year olds are. I bet you are thankful .

Holy crap. I am so not obsessed about the turkey that I binged on every year before WLS, that I forgot to take the damn thing out of the freezer. I always roast it the night before Thanksgiving. It generally defrosts in the fridge for about five days. So, it will be defrosting in a tub of Water tomorrow to accelerate the process. I've had to do that once or twice before, so it's not a crisis, but the fact that I FORGOT about defrosting it is stunning to me. This from the girl who binged on crispy turkey skin every year. There's hope for me yet.

there is this dude on BP forum (not even had surgery) and he is tossing out (negative) lap band statistics of failure and complications…..REALLY??

Let people do what they need to do to make themselves happy.

Let them and their doctors advise them which is best (WLS wise).

Mind your own business.

YOU do what you need to do to make yourself healthy

and let them do their thing.

to me statistics are numbers

and so is my pants size going down

so my WLS works…is yours?

that is what i want to say.....to those tossing out neg/untrue (or even if it is) sh**it...this is one reason i hate coming to this forum sometimes..when i login i want to see lap band people...those who had the surgery i had...i dont care what surgery one had or about to get. i dont care if the dr they have say mine sucks..its what i have..its what i have now and what i have to deal with...NOT YOU

geesh

ok, rant over

@@CarolinaGirl I saw it & scrolled right past as I will not put myself in negative situation or reply to his negatively about wls so I chose not to comment & scrolled right past & went on to see what & how other people were doing , just like I chose what was best for me I also choose what I will do.