Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so excited!!!! I got the call today from the insurance coordinator... letting me know that I was approved for revision from lap band to sleeve.

surgery is scheduled for 06/16/14.... I just have to get all the pre-op test done before 06/11/14. ? is it normal to have mix emotions (scared). :D :(

Of course...there's the feelings of what if I'm miserable and regret this surgery, what if I have complications and then there's, I can't wait to lose 100 lbs. and be able to move around and enjoy life again!

I'm so excited!!!! I got the call today from the insurance coordinator... letting me know that I was approved for revision from lap band to sleeve.

surgery is scheduled for 06/16/14.... I just have to get all the pre-op test done before 06/11/14. ? is it normal to have mix emotions (scared). :D :(

Congrats....who's your insurance carrier if you don't mind me asking? I am in the process of going band to sleeve, I have an appointment with my Dr. June 4, but his insurance coordinator informed me that I was approved, so I am guessing that's good news so far until my visit. I have BCBSIL.

I too have BCBSIL. I got my lap band in 2010 but am looking into revision surgery. I go back on 6/13/14 to see if my stretched pouch has shrunk. I went through graduate school and basically let myself go.

For any banders looking into gastric sleeve, what lead you to your decision?

I too have BCBSIL. I got my lap band in 2010 but am looking into revision surgery. I go back on 6/13/14 to see if my stretched pouch has shrunk. I went through graduate school and basically let myself go.

For any banders looking into gastric sleeve, what lead you to your decision?

For me ForeverFat?....my band just didn't cut it, I worked out 2-3 times a week and I am filled to fullest, I am still able to eat anything but beef, and big portions without BP. Everyone else who I know with band have some kind of restriction, but not me. It's like I still in my diet circle, with the diet pills, Protein shakes, you name, I am doing it. I have the vanguard band and it only holds 4cc's, so I finally did some research, over came my surgery fears, and figured the sleeve has got to work better than this band that feels like it's not even there.

Hello ! @@A. Stoot, my insurance carrier is Blue Shield of CA, that is awesome that they approved you... hope everything goes well for you good luck.

<p> Hello ! @@A. Stoot, my insurance carrier is Blue Shield of CA, that is awesome that they approved you... hope everything goes well for you good luck.</p>

Super lucky you are.. I just have my surgeon visit next week Wednesday.. And hopefully I'll get a date then.. But my papers have to be submitted .. Has me super anxious and nervous

For me Forever Fat?... I was also banded on 01/2010... lost about 30-40 pounds and regained it all back through the years. I don't feel that the band worked well for me... I did have restriction but not enough weight loss.... it was always so hard for me to eat all the healthy choices like chicken and raw veggies, they would get stuck and now I notice that I get a horrible stomach pain after I eat and reflux. I finally came to the conclusion that I need to have the sleeve.... I need to feel good and be able to do activities with my kids, I hate the fact that I can't get on the rides or walk for to long due to my weight. I just want to be HAPPY!!!!!

Thank you :) tammie30, I honestly didn't think it would be this fast... I thought I was going to jump through a lot of hoops just like I did to get the lap band approval. Good luck to you hopefully you do get your date soon.

<p>Thank you :) tammie30, I honestly didn't think it would be this fast... I thought I was going to jump through a lot of hoops just like I did to get the lap band approval. Good luck to you hopefully you do get your date soon.</p>

You're welcome lol... I have Health First bmi of 46.7 I'm at 243 and I'm 5'1 I suffer from hypertension, pre diabetes, SOB .. And chronic joint pains as well... I'm so nervous lol

<p>Thank you :) tammie30, I honestly didn't think it would be this fast... I thought I was going to jump through a lot of hoops just like I did to get the lap band approval. Good luck to you hopefully you do get your date soon.</p>

Everyone says I'm worried for nothing because I'll be approved .. But I still freak out you know it's always in the back of your head the thoughts .. About everything w the whole surgery ..

Hi Dreamer - my date is the same as yours and I am an emotional basketcase this week!

I suppose it's normal. It's a big deal - a big surgery and a big change. But I'm confident it will be worth it.

Congrats on your approval!

Congrats on your approval, I am also an emotional basketcase... it sure is a big deal, there is so much to change and learn to be able to succeed in our lifetime journey. :)

I am so excited for you! Nothing ventured, nothing gained (no pun intended)! Should I say LOST? Nothing ventured, nothing lost! I am with you! I had my band in 2008. After that I had breast cancer 2009, 2010 my sister passed. 2011 my wonderful mother passed. I really could not take the time for replacement surgery and still care for my mother.September 2013 I had my knee replaced. A month before that the doc had to remove all fluids from my band. In December 2013 I had my hip replaced. sigh! The day after Christmas I had to have emergency surgery from a hematoma. A few weeks ago my cousin passed. I was his legal guardian. He was 5 years younger than me. (Whew! I am so tired of writing this negative stuff)! Anyway, I am 66 years young. I still need the other knee replaced. Actually we chose the timing of surgeries because of changes in medical practice. Now, I hope to have a revision to sleeve. I have gained in the past year being inactive and no band restriction. So, what do you guy's think? Should I try the sleeve? I am not sure how much I've gained. 30 to 40 pounds maybe in a year. Maybe less.