Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

So i reached my 8mths post op and I'm down 63.5lbs!!!! And i got a job!!!!!! (i get to work as a medical assistant in a pediatrics office.... I'm really excited because i love kids) It's my first really full Time job

Congrats Jeni!

Kim do you have any liquid tylenol? that helped me (except when i forgot i had just been banded, rolled over and tried to pick up a blanket from the floor in the middle of the night. OOOUUCCHH)

Since November is almost over should we try to get together in early December for a holiday lunch?

Sounds like a plan to me. What's good for everyone? ~Mandy

Congrats Jeni!

Kim do you have any liquid tylenol? that helped me (except when i forgot i had just been banded, rolled over and tried to pick up a blanket from the floor in the middle of the night. OOOUUCCHH)

Since November is almost over should we try to get together in early December for a holiday lunch?

Sounds great... as long as im free im there

Kimillion, I would also recommend Dr. Meyer. I, too, live on the southside of the city. Though I have not yet obtained the band (scheduled for Jan 2008), I have thus far, had a great experience with Dr. Meyer.

As an FYI, most of the area hospitals offer the surgery. Day One Health impressed me because they were an outpatient surgicial center, and they seem to focus exclusively on lap bands.

oops - now that i think of it since the company was hedquarterd out of WI i think it was BCBS of WI. now sure if its different or not.

Did everyone have a god thanksgiving? we go to the inlaws in WI and we never get left overs which i know is good - but its 11 am and i emailing friends to see who has left over turkey cuz i want some more! =)

any thoughts on when we can have a december get together? the only weekend that is out for me is the 15th & 16th

Sonia, I'm car shopping and I know you LOVE your Xb. I also know that your family has all bought Scions. Do you have a certain dealer or salesman that you use? ~Mandy

How about Dec 8th for lunch? Do we want to go somewhere other than Panera this time? ~Mandy

i do love love love love my xb!

i love the toyota of naperville on ogden folks - esp the service guys when i go in for my oil changes. we have 7 scions now in the family butweve all gone different places...

i'm up for going anywhere. the 8th works for me.

i tried to cook something in the oven since i've been sick for a week & now i am finally starving - course the sausage or pizza gick at the bottom caused a big ole smoke out! so now i'm fricken freezing with the patio door open trying to desmoke my house. gggrrr!!

We had popeyes for dinner tonight. Last night was dinner with Dave's family so I didn't have any leftovers either...sucks. I'm having Christmas here, so I will have goodies afterwards.

Did anyone go shopping today? I got some really good deals, but now I'm exhausted. I'm sick, lacking sleep and didn't get coffee until lunch. I need sleep. ~Mandy

Hi everyone!

I have been away for a while but i have a few minutes so i wanted to see how everyone has been? Did everyone have a good thanksgiving? I can make lunch on the 8th if that is still the plan. Take care!

Melissa