Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

Hey all!! I'm back from another hiatus (sp?). Of course that means I feel off the wagon again. Not practicing good bandster rules. Hopefully I'm back on track now.

Mandy- I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. You're awesome!

Amelia- I'm so happy for you. You will be missed, though.

Sonia- you are looking GOOD girl. Maybe I should hire you as a personal trainer/life coach?!?!? lol

Hey Lala! a personal trainer? HA I wish! =) I feel like i could use a life couch right about now! The cheeks, chins and boobs seem to have melted over the first months but nothing below the bra-line wants to budge! Mostly since I haven't budged in forever! I need to get back to exercising maybe that will help get me backed to focus.

Hi, I am just starting process of getting banded. I have my dietician appt next week. I have to schedule my pshych eval.. Dr. says to come back in nov. and hopefully will be ready to go around the first of the year. Any advice? I am from the Aurora area.

BensonRN, get a copy of your insurance requirements. Use it as a checklist. Make sure everything is submitted, and wait for the response. It's a royal pain to wait, but worth every second of it. You have found a great group of bandsters, the Chicago girls rock. You should also try to come to our next lunch we have a great time. If you have questions feel free to PM me. ~Mandy

I am very excited, I am glad I am in the right spot. I love hearing your accomplishments and am excited to join as one soon.

I will be on a plane this time next week. Make sure you all look to the sky and wave...~Mandy

I'm Jessica...From chicago, I just got approved for my lapband so I will be logging on more often for some support...:whoo:

Reply to: SkinnyChick

I started the process in July, and my insurace approved it in sept. I would wait until ur new insurance kicks in, and see if its covered. Unless u are going to be self pay. Good luck,

Jessica

Welcome newbies!!

How's everybody doing?

I'm stalled, stalled, stalled. I think I need just a LITTLE more restriction. But I'm afraid my doc will put in too much, so I'm gunna white knuckle it for a while.

I still abhor exercise, and this has really been my downfall. I will do great for a while, and then nothing for a few weeks. I'm thinking about hiring a personal trainer. They are so expensive, but at least maybe that way I'll actually get some exercise in!!

Hi everyone,

I just found this site and was so excited. I had my banding 3/15/07 at Loyola with Dr. Sarker. So far I have lost 20 pounds and feel pretty good. I live in the far western suburbs (Aurora) and am looking forward to actually talking to people who have been through the surgery. I am 43 years old and have about 100 more pounds to lose.

Gina

:wave: Hi ladies! I just stumbled on here because someone on ObesityHelp.com mentioned lapbandtalk in their post. So nice to find some locals! I live in Oak Park.

I had my first consultation for the band in Jan 2006 with Dr. Shayani at Loyola and completed most of my preoperative testing then, too. I bought my first home and got caught up with life in general and didn't seek approval from my insurance company until the fall. After numerous appeals (never gave up), BCBSIL approved me at the end of June. The glitch? Dr. Shayani left Loyola for Day One Health (same day surgery center on Michigan Ave). I feel more comfortable having it done at Loyola so Dr. Sarker will be performing my surgery. I met with her yesterday and she said I could be banded as soon as next Thursday! Wow! I'm an elementary school teacher so the sooner I can have the surgery, the better. I'll keep you updated once I get a date.

I'd love to join you all for one of your Panera get-togethers. It would be nice to meet experienced bandsters in the area!

Dr. Shayani was my surgeon, i had the surgery performed at Loyola on March 15, 2007.

Did anyone have Dr. Shayani as a surgeon???

I hope we all can have a get together soon... I would really love to meet some fellow bandsters.....

hi new friends!

so when/where shall we lunch? any one free next weekend?

lala did you get another fill?

ice cream and I have become dear friends again. i need to get my tuckuss back in gear. i;m about to hit my one year bandiversary and i really need to get it together. but this unemployed crap has me so stressed that i dont really care.

mandy - you home yet? how was mouseland?

i would love to come next weekend..... (if i can)

I would suggest Panera in Oakbrook